Just off the Regal Caribean Cruise April 1-8

Travlin grrl

My first time doing the Caribbean believe it or not. We take a red eye flight and arrive at the airport about 6:00 a.m. for a wait to get our transfer to the airport. Luckily there is a Starbucks. The terminal is very pretty and very futuristic looking. We are not part of the Medallion test group but embarkation was very easy with no waiting. One of the perks you get being platinum. yay! Oh and free internet! We have our 17 year old daughter and her best friend so we get them checked into the teens club and we don't see much of them after that. We go to the Sanctuary to book a half day. There was a line and since Friday was full we book 1//2 day for Tuesday. Production show is "Sweet Soul Music".

Day 2/Princess Cays

We rent a clamshell and get one close to the shore. After settling in we go to the "Stingray Encounter" which is right by the entrance. We wade into the water and they come up swimming around you. You can pet them and we all get into a circle and take turns feeding them. It takes about an hour for the whole experience. The water is warm for swimming and we bring our water socks because the bottom is a little rocky in spots .The girls go on a banana boat ride that I almost went one. We skip the bbq but have fruit and drinks. Beer for the hubby and pina colada for me.. This is a spring break cruise so lots of kids. Tonight is Beatlemaniacs which is always full and good times.

Day 3 Sea Day

I'm all about the Zumba class so I don't feel so bad about eating so much. We meet up on Deck 17 on the court. So fun to be outside looking at the ocean. fresh air, working out. Sometimes I can't believe I'm doing this.

One thing I must tell you. You can not punch your cruise card for your lanyward. There is a bar code there that can de-magnetize it. They have lanyards now with pouches for the Medallion. But since I'm not in the Medallion test group I decide to pass on the lanyard and stick it next to my phone....where guess what? It never de-magnetized. That used to be the reason they said it would happen.

Sanctuary is from 1:00-6:00p.m. Ahhhhhh .....the quiet zone. Remember this is spring break and a lot of yelling screaming kids in the pools. But we knew that going in. Our lounger is right in the front. Sometimes it's different from ship to ship. I was on the Ruby to Mexico a couple months ago and they didn't do a few things that the Regal did. They came by to spritz your face with Evian water and bring you a cool washcloth for your face or neck. The fun thing about doing this is they bring you afternoon tea. That alone makes it worth it.

Tonight is formal night and we go to the Production Show "Born to Dance" and then Princess Live For Karaoke Madness. I always have fun watching Karoake. Especially the bad ones and they know it and we are all cracking up.

I don't know if my video will attach or will it just be a photo. This,was the funniest guy in Karaoke who told us he would be bad and okay if we laughed. My favorite one of the night. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Forums mobile app

Whoops ...trying one more time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Forums mobile app

Sorry I meant to say Grego. lol. All though Tony has probably taken a lot too.

Hi Travlin girl,

I only have 31 cruises with Princess. You are not even close to being the most travelled passenger with 31 cruises at the captain circle party. Our friend Steve has over 150 cruises with Princess and sometimes he comes in second or third. Don’t even think about that. Just have a Great time and save all the memories.

Tony

My wife and I were b2b on Regal from Apr 1-15. Both cruises were great fun and quite lively with a lot of happy young ones on the first leg. The Medallion Net was quite fast when working but very frustrating as well as it hung and spun on about 20% of the clicked links. I barely managed to check in with our flight the night before. Not our equipment problem because we are at the airport now waiting for our flight and its internet is fast and without any glitches.

Hi Travlin girl,

I only have 31 cruises with Princess. You are not even close to being the most travelled passenger with 31 cruises at the captain circle party. Our friend Steve has over 150 cruises with Princess and sometimes he comes in second or third. Don’t even think about that. Just have a Great time and save all the memories.

Tony

Only 31? Oh my. That's funny as 31 seems a long way away. And I can't even imagine over 150. They must live on the cruise ship!

The Medallion Net was quite fast when working but very frustrating as well as it hung and spun on about 20% of the clicked links. I barely managed to check in with our flight the night before. Not our equipment problem because we are at the airport now waiting for our flight and its internet is fast and without any glitches.

I think it's better on certain places of the ship. Hard to get a connection on the aft.

Day 4 / St. Thomas.

I booked the Snorkeling in 2 places on a catamaran shore excursion. When you get off it's a short less than 5 minute walk to the catamaran. Our first time snorkeling and we loved it. They provide the life vest, snorkel and flippers. You can either jump off the side or go down the stairs in the middle of the catamaran. So being my first time I took the safe route down the stairs. But guess what I did the second time? Yep, jumped off the side .The first stop is Turtle Cove. It's not like the Barrier Reef or photos of colorful coral. But we did see a couple turtles and schools of fish. The water is teal/aqua blue and so beautiful. When I was swimming over a turtle he started to come up for air and I swam right behind him for a close look. What an experience. Then on to the ship wreck. The Hurricane had moved it some. So peaceful snorkeling in the water. On the way back they provide rum punch and fruits and veggies. They kept refilling our cups and I'm sure that helps with bigger tips lol. Great day in the Caribbean. Since it's a long day we head back out to a bar for a drink and a little souvenir shopping. Back at the ship Eric Lyden in the theatre who is hilarious and Beatlemaniacs are out on deck so is everyone else.

Day 5/ St. Maarten.

Okay I have never had a bad excursion till this one. I had seen other people do the "Flying Dutchman" and I'm up for the thrill. The ticket said 1 and 1/2 hr wait. II thought that meant overall. The description on the website is a little different. We took the 10:00 excursion and there were Holland America and Princess excursion people there. We were in a long line that started before you enter the museum.. So I thought that was the long wait....nope. You go about a quarter of the way up on a ski lift and do a ride on an innertube going back down. People brought towels because it looked like a water ride. Actually it was dry with a little mist that none of us felt. Then back to the bottom to get on the ski lift ride to the top. We were told maybe a 45 minute wait but was actually 3 hours. Our number was 55 and they were only on 25. I figured out the ride to be about 1 minute and it would take about 5-6 minutes for the 4 chairs to go to the bottom of the hill unload and send them back up the top of the hill. Hollands ship left before us and people were upset and yelling because they thought they would miss the ship. Also people were yelling at the workers because some people were getting on before them and they knew they were first. There was no solution at this point. We got the last shuttle back at 3:30. Our 3.5 hr excursion turned into 6 hours. All for a 1 minute ride down the hill. We didn't want to miss our last shuttle so skipped the gift shop and missed out on buying our pics of coming down the hill. Yes the ride was fun and I had an amazing view at the top. Just disappointed I spent my day in St. Maartin waiting for a ride. Wished I would of gone snorkeling.

Rushed through the souvenirs shops on the way back to the ship where my husband bought a box of cigars (10 for $60.00)) he said are amazing and wished he bought more and me some home made vanilla.

Production show was Fiera which was great and "Improv Comedy:Scared Scriptless" in the Vista Lounge.

Day 6/ Sea Day.

OK so when I was on the excursion the previous day I was putting on lip gloss over and over because it was so hot and dry up there. When I woke up in the morning my lower lip was so swollen I looked like "Botched" and had too much lip filler put in my lips. lol. I was putting an ice pack on it but knew I would have to go the medical center. So that was also a first for me....going to the medical center. There was only one lady in front of me so not much of a wait at all. The doctor asked me if I was allergic to anything or ate anything different. Nope....just cruise food and I'm not allergic to anything. Anyways he diagnosed me with allergy and gave me antihistamine and steroid which I dutifully took and made me drowsy for most of the day. Missed Zumba and found some loungers in the shade where I dozed for all morning. He also told me no drinking. Really? Ok I followed the rules.

Went to the port lecturer in the afternoon about the Bermuda Triangle. He was very entertaining. Tonight is formal night and the only night our daughter and friend eat with us. But we have to go on their terms and time and go early. So we decided to celebrate their graduation at dinner.

Bravo was the Production Show and we call it a night after that.

By now my botox lips have gone down tremendously.

Day 7/ Sea day.

Wow this week has gone by fast. The Dr. wanted to see me in the a.m. as a follow up and my lip had gone down but just looked mostly chapped. I really think it was the lip gloss and it was like putting oil on my lips with no protection and just sunburned them so bad I had a reaction . But I do get to do Zumba this morning so feeling good. We grab some loungers in the shade for the morning chill/relax.

British pub lunch is today and I like to always do that. No line at the Crown Grill and only had to wait 15 minutes for our food. Sweet.

Then back to the cabin to start packing suitcases. Tonight is the "Voice of the Ocean" finale and it's packed. Then Karaoke after for our nightly laughs. A few people are really great but they must not of tried out for the Voice.