Future Cruise Credits. How do they work?

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:17 PM.
San Francisco, CA
1,287 Posts
Joined Nov 2002
I've found an itinerary for Summer 2019 that I want to book. We'll be aboard the QM2 this September. I'm wondering if I can save some money by purchasing future cruise credits, but don't know exactly how they work.

If it's a factor, this will be a US booking.
  • Can I purchase the credits onboard for an already-booked cruise?
  • Does it matter if the booking is part of a group?
  • Is there a limit?
(For what it's worth, I'm looking at the QM2 New England cruise with a July 4 overnight in Boston, and thinking of booking with the Pied Piper group. I'm sure it will be a sellout, as always, and am willing to book early - but can wait if I can save money.)

Thanks!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
.Mark Katzenberger

Upcoming Eurodam - Pacific repo - 2018, Queen Mary 2 - RT N Atlantic crossing - 2018, Queen Mary 2 - NY, Halifax, Boston - 2019,
Queen Mary 2 - RT crossing + Bruges - 2017, Queen Mary 2 - N Atlantic crossing - 2016, Celebrity Infinity - S. America - 2015,
Star Princess - Pacific repo - 2015, AMACello - Rhine - 2013, Norwegian Spirit - W Caribbean - 2011,
Crystal Serenity - E Med - 2010, Queen Mary 2 - Canada - 2009, Eurodam - Baltics - 2009,
Queen Mary 2 - N Atlantic crossing - 2008, Queen Elizabeth 2 - W Med - 2008, Amsterdam - Alaska - 2007,
Norwegian Sun - W Caribbean - 2007, Voyager of the Seas - Bermuda - 2005, Star Princess - Mexico - 2002,
Carnival Spirit - Pacific repo - 2001, Norwegian Majesty - S Caribbean - 2001, Rembrandt - Canada - 2000,
Seabourn Sun - SF cruise to nowhere - 2000, Queen Elizabeth 2 - N Atlantic crossing - 1999, Zenith - Bermuda - 1998,
Queen Elizabeth 2 - Panama Canal - 1997, Celebrity Century - W Caribbean - 1996, Nieuw Amsterdam - Alaska - 1993,
Nieuw Amsterdam - Pacific repo - 1993, Crown Princess - E Caribbean - 1991, Westerdam - Mexico repo - 1990,
Queen Elizabeth 2 - Hawaii - 1989, Cunard Princess - Pacific repo - 1987
BH13 - England
2,863 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Originally posted by MarkBearSF
I've found an itinerary for Summer 2019 that I want to book. We'll be aboard the QM2 this September. I'm wondering if I can save some money by purchasing future cruise credits, but don't know exactly how they work.

If it's a factor, this will be a US booking.
  • Can I purchase the credits onboard for an already-booked cruise?
  • Does it matter if the booking is part of a group?
  • Is there a limit?
(For what it's worth, I'm looking at the QM2 New England cruise with a July 4 overnight in Boston, and thinking of booking with the Pied Piper group. I'm sure it will be a sellout, as always, and am willing to book early - but can wait if I can save money.)

Thanks!
Future cruise credits can only be used against a deposit for a new cruise booking.
Future Cruise Credits are solely for the use of the actual named purchaser.
No limit on the amount that can be purchased by an individual. Vouchers are only valid for 12 months, then expire.
Not redeemable against Saver Fares.

No doubt other CC members will add additional information
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
There are those who have, and those who have Yachts.
Vale of Glamorgan
4,154 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
The terms are different for US Future Cruise Down payments so hopefully someone with some experience will be able to answer.
For UK bookings they are only valid for a year, the cruise needs to be booked within that time, not taken. For US bookings it was 4 years.
They can only be used with certain fares (in the UK Cunard and Early Saver) so that could be a problem with your group booking.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email - [email protected]

Please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
BH13 - England
2,863 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Originally posted by Host Hattie
The terms are different for US Future Cruise Down payments so hopefully someone with some experience will be able to answer.
For UK bookings they are only valid for a year, the cruise needs to be booked within that time, not taken. For US bookings it was 4 years.
They can only be used with certain fares (in the UK Cunard and Early Saver) so that could be a problem with your group booking.
Thank you.
Think it's best for the OP to speak with the Group's PCS
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
There are those who have, and those who have Yachts.
Gower Peninsula, Wales
3,093 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
You may also buy them for a third party that is not on board, providing you have all their details, including their World Club number, and you pay for the FCD. I have done this for a friend and another friend has done it for me.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Gill

QM2 - June 2018
QM2 - March 2019
Ventura - February 2020
Riding the Oceans Waves
1,367 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Originally posted by cruiseluvva
You may also buy them for a third party that is not on board, providing you have all their details, including their World Club number, and you pay for the FCD. I have done this for a friend and another friend has done it for me.
No, For Uk Residents That perk has now been rescinded. FCDs can only be purchased by guests travelling on board. Guests travelling on board cannot purchase an FCD for a friend or family member that is not travelling.