Article about 1950's Cunard Posters

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:25 PM.
Iowa
1,676 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Here's an article about 1950's Cunard posters on a site named "flashbak.com" (a site that is new to me). I thought it was interesting, especially the advertising slogan "No wonder more people prefer Cunard" which appears on many of the posters. It also includes one of my favorite Cunard promotional videos, "Getting There Is Half The Fun", which we have discussed on this forum before.

Getting there is half the fun! Fabulous 1950s Cunard Posters

I figured others on this forum might find this article of some interest as well.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
John

"There’s nothing―absolutely nothing―half so much worth doing as messing about in boats." ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind In The Willows

CroisiEurope Douce France, Rhine River (2004) ... Queen Mary 2, Transatlantic (2005, 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018) ... Queen Elizabeth 2, Norwegian Wonders (2008) ... Island Princess, Panama Canal (2008) ... Queen Victoria, Gallic Getaway (2009) ... Norwegian Epic, Eastern Caribbean (2010) ... Brilliance of the Seas, Suez Canal (2011) ... Queen Elizabeth, Eastern Mediterranean (2012) ... Maasdam, Canada and New England (2013) ... Queen Mary 2, Caribbean Fiesta (2013) ... Serenade of the Seas, Baltic (2017) ... Queen Mary 2, Norway Fjords (2018)

Northvale,New Jersey
937 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Originally posted by bluemarble
Here's an article about 1950's Cunard posters on a site named "flashbak.com" (a site that is new to me). I thought it was interesting, especially the advertising slogan "No wonder more people prefer Cunard" which appears on many of the posters. It also includes one of my favorite Cunard promotional videos, "Getting There Is Half The Fun", which we have discussed on this forum before.

Getting there is half the fun! Fabulous 1950s Cunard Posters

I figured others on this forum might find this article of some interest as well.
Thanks for the link for the 1950s Cunard advertisements. Regards,Jerry
Vale of Glamorgan
4,390 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
They are great, thank you very much for posting.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email - [email protected]

If contacting me via email, please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
1,898 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Love that article! Thank you for the link, I will enjoy looking at more articles there.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
BeagleOne

Stella Maris 8/74; QE2 Transatlantic 7/75, 8/82, 7/00, 7/01; Fairwind 4/79; Volendam 8/80; QE2 Caribbean 1/84; Zuiderdam 2/05; Maasdam 2/07; Emerald Princess 3-4/08, Maasdam 4/12 YAY!!!