[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:55 AM.
Ms
574 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Hello to all,

I have a cruise on the Regal Princess coming up in two weeks. We were upgraded (for a "Nominal fee") from a "Mini Suite to a Penthouse Suite. Having never been in a "Luxury Suite" before, I'm wondering what to expect. I know we get free laundry, free dinner in a specialty restaurant, priority boarding etc. Do we get a separate "Line" when dining in the main dining room? Do we get "Butler" services?" I am a firm believer in "Tipping" well for good service. I would VERY much appreciate some input so that I (we) can enjoy the "Perks" to the fullest. Thank You in advance for any advice and suggestions. Marina Deck 723 btw.

Thanks
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"So be my guest, you got nothing to lose, wont you let me take you on a sea cruise, oooweee, oooweee baby"
Oakland, Ca, US
517 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
For dining you should be assigned to "club class dining which is a separate part of the MDR with it's own entrance, extra menu items, and dedicated wait staff.
Ms
574 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Originally posted by memoak
For dining you should be assigned to "club class dining which is a separate part of the MDR with it's own entrance, extra menu items, and dedicated wait staff.
Thanks.
Anyone else?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"So be my guest, you got nothing to lose, wont you let me take you on a sea cruise, oooweee, oooweee baby"
St. Lucia, West Indies
3,908 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Originally posted by xnavydoc2
Thanks.
Anyone else?
Class dining. Embarkation dinner in specialty restaurant. Breakfast in Sabatini's. Laundry. Minibar set up. Shoe shine. Concierge lounge (concierge, small bites, juice, specialty coffee machine). No butlers or additional room staff. Able to order B, L, or D from dining room menu (when available). More space. Bathtub. And so on..
https://www.princess.com/html/global...tas/suite.html
Louisiana
160 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
You will have the option to have Breakfast in Sabatini's also which is wonderful - quiet and relaxed. No 'Butler' service but there is a Concierge Lounge on Riviera Deck (Deck 14) which is across from the Penthouse Suites on this deck (open for all Full Suites). The Concierge Lounge has snacks, cappuccino/espresso coffee etc. and is staffed by someone from Passenger Services usually at posted times - usually a few hours in the morning and then again a few hours late afternoon or so. As memoak said earlier, you will be able to dine in the Club Class section of the Main Dining Room (Deck 6 on our recent Regal cruise) - this was a great experience with no wait and the same dedicated staff but be aware, if traveling with other family/friends not in a Club Class Mini-Suite or Full Suite, they will not be able to dine with you - you can dine with them in the Main Dining Room though).
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

My '1000 Memories at Sea' winning photo displayed on the Regal Princess

Royal Princess - Mexican Riviera - March 2019
Regal Princess - Caribbean Islander - November 2018
Grand Princess - Classic California Coast - April 2018
Regal Princess - Eastern Caribbean - December 2017
Ruby Princess - Pacific Wine Country - April 2017
Coral Princess-Panama Canal - November 2016
Caribbean Princess-Western Caribbean - January 2016
Grand Princess-Alaska - May 2015
Royal Princess-Eastern Caribbean - December 2013
Crown Princess-Western Caribbean - March 2013
Ruby Princess-Eastern Caribbean - January 2012
Sapphire Princess-Mexico - April 2011
Caribbean Princess-Canada/New Eng.- September 2010
Carnival Triumph - Western Caribbean - December 2009
Coral Princess-Alaska - August 2009
Sea Princess-Northern Europe - July 2007
Golden Princess-Caribbean - December 2005
Carnival Sensation - Western Caribbean - November 2004
Coral Princess-Alaska - July 2004
116 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
You will also receive 2 free bottles of water each day and more than likely will have a voucher in your room for one free balcony breakfast. (Regal/Royal Princess has given this balcony breakfast to suite passengers since at least November of 2017.

Don't miss the Sabatini's breakfast. It's delicious!
Ms
574 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Originally posted by reedprincess
Class dining. Embarkation dinner in specialty restaurant. Breakfast in Sabatini's. Laundry. Minibar set up. Shoe shine. Concierge lounge (concierge, small bites, juice, specialty coffee machine). No butlers or additional room staff. Able to order B, L, or D from dining room menu (when available). More space. Bathtub. And so on..
https://www.princess.com/html/global...tas/suite.html
Thank You so much. "Specialty Coffee Machines?" I don't really care for "Latte's" etc. but would certainly appreciate better coffee than what the buffet and room service provide.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ms
574 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Originally posted by Crown Cruiser
You will also receive 2 free bottles of water each day and more than likely will have a voucher in your room for one free balcony breakfast. (Regal/Royal Princess has given this balcony breakfast to suite passengers since at least November of 2017.

Don't miss the Sabatini's breakfast. It's delicious!
as long as they have "Bacon" I'm in!
Thank You
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ms
574 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Originally posted by bagney
You will have the option to have Breakfast in Sabatini's also which is wonderful - quiet and relaxed. No 'Butler' service but there is a Concierge Lounge on Riviera Deck (Deck 14) which is across from the Penthouse Suites on this deck (open for all Full Suites). The Concierge Lounge has snacks, cappuccino/espresso coffee etc. and is staffed by someone from Passenger Services usually at posted times - usually a few hours in the morning and then again a few hours late afternoon or so. As memoak said earlier, you will be able to dine in the Club Class section of the Main Dining Room (Deck 6 on our recent Regal cruise) - this was a great experience with no wait and the same dedicated staff but be aware, if traveling with other family/friends not in a Club Class Mini-Suite or Full Suite, they will not be able to dine with you - you can dine with them in the Main Dining Room though).
Good information. Thank You
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
St. Lucia, West Indies
3,908 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Originally posted by xnavydoc2
Thank You so much. "Specialty Coffee Machines?" I don't really care for "Latte's" etc. but would certainly appreciate better coffee than what the buffet and room service provide.
Think those hotel lobby or office lobby specialty coffee machine - place cup, push latte or mocha or hot chocolate or black coffee, etc.
Whether it's better than the included - that's up to you.
On Royal class ships (Royal, Regal , Majestic ) all included coffee is made from fresh grounds - not the concentrate syrup like other ships.
Inland Empire, CA
10,699 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
[quote=xnavydoc2;55854583...l Thank You in advance for any advice and suggestions. Marina Deck 723 btw.

Thanks[/QUOTE]Your balcony will be around 9’ deep with views both aft and to the side. The balcony is totally uncovered and people will be able to see you from the Horizon Terrace on the Lido deck above. Haven’t seen people posting that this is an issue.

Here is a video of a similar suite on the port side one deck below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hTlVk9Me8c&sns=em

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruise: 09/18 - Golden Princess - Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific Crossing
Past Cruises: 11/17 - Ruby Princess - 4 Day Coastal w/Catalina; 11/16 - Pacific Princess - Adriatic & Aegean Connoisseur; 12/15 - Pacific Princess - 50th Anniversary Mexican Riviera; 2/15 - Crown Princess - 4 Day Coastal w/Santa Barbara; 09/14 - Regal Princess - Grand Med (Left cruise in Mykonos after 6 days due to family medical issue at home); 03/14 - Grand Princess - 10 Day Mexico from SF; 01/14 - Sapphire Princess - 4 Day Coastal w/Catalina; 06/13 - Emerald Princess - Baltic; 01/13 - Island Princess - Panama Canal; 09/12 - Coral Princess - Pacific Coastal; 09/12 - Golden Princess - Inside Passage (B2B Glacier Bay & Tracy Arm); 09/11 - Sapphire Princess - California Coastal; 04/11 - Sapphire Princess - Mexican Riviera; 08/10 - Coral Princess - Voyage of the Glaciers; 03/10 - Star Princess - Valparaiso to Buenos Aires (The Shortened Post Earthquake Cruise); 02/10 - Star Princess - Buenos Aires to Valparaiso around Cape Horn (the Chilean Earthquake Cruise); 10/09 - Golden Princess - Hawaii; 11/07 - Golden Princess - Mexican Riviera; 02/07 - Grand Princess - Western Caribbean from Galveston; 04/06 - Coral Princess - Panama Canal RT from FLL; 10/04 - Golden Princess - Southern Caribbean Explorer from San Juan; 05/02 - Carnival Fantasy - Bahamas (3 Night)
USA
5,290 Posts
Joined Jun 2007
Originally posted by Crown Cruiser
more than likely will have a voucher in your room for one free balcony breakfast. (Regal/Royal Princess has given this balcony breakfast to suite passengers since at least November of 2017.
We were in a PH suite (D726) on the Regal in November, 2017 and we didn't get any balcony breakfast. Is this listed as a suite perk? I usually sail in full suites but never had this or heard of anyone getting it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Life's Milestones are Best Celebrated in Nautical Miles.

Oceania Insignia 1-2019 (World Cruise - 161 days)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oceania Insignia 12-2017 (Cuba - 7 days)
Regal Princess 11-2017 (Western Caribbean - 7 days)
Caribbean Princess 3-2017 (Southern Caribbean - 8 days)
Celebrity Silhouette 8-2016 (British Isles, Guernsey, Belgium, Amsterdam - 14 days)
Grand Princess 11-2015 (Hawaii - 15 days)

Celebrity Infinity 10-2014 (TA - England, Azores, Bermuda, Bahamas - 14 days)
Celebrity Reflection 3-2014 (Eastern Caribbean - 7 days)
Crown Princess 7-2013 (Baltics/Russia - 14 days)
Emerald Princess 3-2012 (Eastern Caribbean - 10 days)
Caribbean Princess 6-2011 (Canada/New England - 9 days)
Crown Princess 9-2010 (TA - British Isles, Iceland, Greenland, Canada - 14 days)
Coral Princess 12-2008 (Full Panama Canal, Central America, Mexico - 14 days)
Sun Princess 9-2007 (Alaska - 7 days)
Carnival Paradise 9-2003 (Western Caribbean - 7 days)
Carnival Fantasy 1-1990 (Bahamas - 4 days)
Carnival Holiday 12-1989 (Western Caribbean - 7 days)

79 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Originally posted by Go-Bucks!
We were in a PH suite (D726) on the Regal in November, 2017 and we didn't get any balcony breakfast. Is this listed as a suite perk? I usually sail in full suites but never had this or heard of anyone getting it.
We were in Tge same suite in January 2918 and did get the balcony breakfast!
Texas
2,095 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
We have cruised in penthouse suites many times and we have never gotten a balcony breakfast.
I suspect the voucher mentioned was a gift from a travel agent or someone else rather than a suite perk.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
USS Greenling SSN614
Atlantic Ocean/Barents Sea
Oregon
1,678 Posts
Joined May 2012
Originally posted by nukesubsailor
We have cruised in penthouse suites many times and we have never gotten a balcony breakfast.
I suspect the voucher mentioned was a gift from a travel agent or someone else rather than a suite perk.
I think the balcony breakfast is included primarily as part of an upsell to a suite.

We received one with an upsell on the Crown TA we disembarked today. We traded it in for onboard credit, since we preferred Sabatini's to the balcony breakfast.

Jim
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming: 11-night Baltic cruise, Regal Princess, Aug. 9, 2018; 7-night Northern California Coast, Ruby Princess, Sept. 22, 2018

2000: Sovereign of the Seas, Bahamas * 2004: Carnival Pride, Mexican Riviera * 2007: Diamond Princess, Mexican Riviera * 2010: Carnival Paradise, Baja * 2012: Norwegian Jewel, Alaska; Carnival Splendor, Mexican Riviera * 2014: Celebrity Constellation, Cozumel and Key West; Carnival Valor, Eastern Caribbean; Golden Princess, San Diego and Ensenada, B2B * 2015: Norwegian Dawn, Western Caribbean; Crown Princess, Alaska; Grand Princess, California coast; Island Princess, Panama Canal * 2016: Crown Princess, Mexican Riviera; Regal Princess, Copenhagen to NY. * 2017: Royal Princess, Caribbean; Emerald Princess, Vancouver to L.A. * 2018: Grand Princess, Mexican Riviera; .Crown Princess, FLL to Barcelona
Ms
574 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Originally posted by reedprincess
Think those hotel lobby or office lobby specialty coffee machine - place cup, push latte or mocha or hot chocolate or black coffee, etc.
Whether it's better than the included - that's up to you.
On Royal class ships (Royal, Regal , Majestic ) all included coffee is made from fresh grounds - not the concentrate syrup like other ships.
That's good to know. Thanks
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cape Canaverl, FL
1,313 Posts
Joined Jun 2007
Originally posted by jasbo49
I think the balcony breakfast is included primarily as part of an upsell to a suite.

We received one with an upsell on the Crown TA we disembarked today. We traded it in for onboard credit, since we preferred Sabatini's to the balcony breakfast.

Jim
Received the breakfast as a perk for an upsell. Not even sure what the breakfast includes other than half a split of bubbly. Like the idea of trading for OBC.
Judy
USA
5,290 Posts
Joined Jun 2007
Originally posted by jasbo49

I would trade it too, cuz nothing beats Sabatini's breakfast! Ummm....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Life's Milestones are Best Celebrated in Nautical Miles.

Oceania Insignia 1-2019 (World Cruise - 161 days)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oceania Insignia 12-2017 (Cuba - 7 days)
Regal Princess 11-2017 (Western Caribbean - 7 days)
Caribbean Princess 3-2017 (Southern Caribbean - 8 days)
Celebrity Silhouette 8-2016 (British Isles, Guernsey, Belgium, Amsterdam - 14 days)
Grand Princess 11-2015 (Hawaii - 15 days)

Celebrity Infinity 10-2014 (TA - England, Azores, Bermuda, Bahamas - 14 days)
Celebrity Reflection 3-2014 (Eastern Caribbean - 7 days)
Crown Princess 7-2013 (Baltics/Russia - 14 days)
Emerald Princess 3-2012 (Eastern Caribbean - 10 days)
Caribbean Princess 6-2011 (Canada/New England - 9 days)
Crown Princess 9-2010 (TA - British Isles, Iceland, Greenland, Canada - 14 days)
Coral Princess 12-2008 (Full Panama Canal, Central America, Mexico - 14 days)
Sun Princess 9-2007 (Alaska - 7 days)
Carnival Paradise 9-2003 (Western Caribbean - 7 days)
Carnival Fantasy 1-1990 (Bahamas - 4 days)
Carnival Holiday 12-1989 (Western Caribbean - 7 days)

Lihue HI & Calimesa CA
6,207 Posts
Joined May 2013
Priority boarding: if you aren't Elite, this is a nice perk.
Get on the ship after weddings, disabled, BVEs and in transits.
Elite goes after "those guys", then Platinum, then everyone else.
Oregon
1,678 Posts
Joined May 2012
One other unnamed suite perk: You are likely to get an accomplished steward who cleans your room on a priority basis.

We have taken a suite upsell twice in the last 2 1/2 years, and both times felt that we could dash out for a quick breakfast or evening event and come back to a clean room.

Jim
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming: 11-night Baltic cruise, Regal Princess, Aug. 9, 2018; 7-night Northern California Coast, Ruby Princess, Sept. 22, 2018

2000: Sovereign of the Seas, Bahamas * 2004: Carnival Pride, Mexican Riviera * 2007: Diamond Princess, Mexican Riviera * 2010: Carnival Paradise, Baja * 2012: Norwegian Jewel, Alaska; Carnival Splendor, Mexican Riviera * 2014: Celebrity Constellation, Cozumel and Key West; Carnival Valor, Eastern Caribbean; Golden Princess, San Diego and Ensenada, B2B * 2015: Norwegian Dawn, Western Caribbean; Crown Princess, Alaska; Grand Princess, California coast; Island Princess, Panama Canal * 2016: Crown Princess, Mexican Riviera; Regal Princess, Copenhagen to NY. * 2017: Royal Princess, Caribbean; Emerald Princess, Vancouver to L.A. * 2018: Grand Princess, Mexican Riviera; .Crown Princess, FLL to Barcelona