Golf Cart/Scooter Rental

ready set cruise

Not sure about the scooters but with the golf carts, you can fit 4 people on them. Nathan's, Karib, Wet Money, MaxKart are going to be the vendors you can pick from. They're all about the same cost and are right next to one another.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks. How long did you explore? What did you go see on the island? How many hours did they allow you to rent golf cart? Thanks

We were out exploring almost the entire time in port. We only came back so that we could let our little one spend at least a little bit of time in the pool prior to getting back on the ship. They allow you to have the golf cart as long as you are there. No set limit.

HERE is my review of what we did and tons of pictures are included. :) Scroll down to post #394 and that's the beginning.

• 2 weeks later...
We were out exploring almost the entire time in port. We only came back so that we could let our little one spend at least a little bit of time in the pool prior to getting back on the ship. They allow you to have the golf cart as long as you are there. No set limit.

HERE is my review of what we did and tons of pictures are included. :) Scroll down to post #394 and that's the beginning.

Thanks for all those pics and the great narration of your golf cart adventures!!

• 1 month later...

An unexpected part of our trip with the golf carts was the wild donkeys and horses. Sometimes they come up to you. Also make sure the driver pays attention... steering wheel on the left. But you also drive on the left. Roads aren't very busy so it wasn't too bad

Sent from my iPad using Forums

An unexpected part of our trip with the golf carts was the wild donkeys and horses. Sometimes they come up to you. Also make sure the driver pays attention... steering wheel on the left. But you also drive on the left. Roads aren't very busy so it wasn't too bad

In America, cars come with the steering wheel on the left so that's normal. However you do drive on the left because Grand Turk is a British territory. :)

Also be careful, the donkeys DO BITE. There was a lady on our last trip there that lost a finger to a donkey.

• 2 weeks later...
This sound right up my alley however I’m a little concerned about crime due to the hurricane and the loss people suffered. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

The very LAST thing anyone on Grand Turk would want right now is crime, or anything which would reflect negatively on the island. They need cruisers' money to help rebuild. Some areas of the island only got power restored last week (according to posts here on CC). If it isn't the safest port in the Caribbean -- especially now -- it's gotta be way up there.

Another thread on CC indicates that golf cart rentals through Karib, one of the island's rental firms, have been cancelled through all of 2018 due to hurricane damage. Crime isn't the issue, it will be which businesses and vendors are able to rebuild.

Hmm. Maybe Karib is only renting carts to walk-up customers, and not in advance? :confused:

I don’t think so apparently they sustained a lot of damage and need to spend time to repair them all, maybe running a smaller fleet?

They are ref customers to Grand Turk adventure anyone had any experience with these !?

We booked our golf cart A couple weeks in advance and got a $10 discount from Karib. I do know one of their golf carts tore up and ours got a flat tire. So there may be some maintenance issues. We got stranded at the lighthouse, but they were pretty quick and getting a replacement golf cart to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums