Hi Drake, please give me your advise

1gail1

I saw a post on renting a car and touring your wonderful island, can you please tell me if this itinerary would work with our time. We are in port from 8-5. What I am thinking of doing is renting a car from Budget driving to Christiansed and looking around. May stop at the Rum tour on our way out there or on our way back, not sure which would be best. I noticed there are 2 museums in Christiansed that are open on Mondays (the day we are there). Apothecary Hall Museum and Estate Whim Museum. thought we may do both of these, are they worth seeing?. We would maybe have lunch at Angry Birds, that you have highly recommended in your comments. On the way back we want to hit Domino Club for the beer drinking pigs and then back to drop off the car.

Is there anything in Christiansed that is a great thing to do or see?

Is there anything else you would recommend that we do not miss?

And would it be better to take a tour with Prince, rather then try to do this on our own?

Thank you for all your wonderful advise that I have read so far, you are so helpful.

Gail

• 2 weeks later...
I saw a post on renting a car and touring your wonderful island, can you please tell me if this itinerary would work with our time. We are in port from 8-5. What I am thinking of doing is renting a car from Budget driving to Christiansted and looking around. May stop at the Rum tour on our way out there or on our way back, not sure which would be best. I noticed there are 2 museums in Christiansted that are open on Mondays (the day we are there). Apothecary Hall Museum and Estate Whim Museum. thought we may do both of these, are they worth seeing?. We would maybe have lunch at Angry Birds, that you have highly recommended in your comments. On the way back we want to hit Domino Club for the beer drinking pigs and then back to drop off the car.

Is there anything in Christiansted that is a great thing to do or see?

Is there anything else you would recommend that we do not miss?

And would it be better to take a tour with Prince, rather than try to do this on our own?

Thank you for all your wonderful advice that I have read so far, you are so helpful.

Gail

Wow! Busy day! Ok, let me try to address everything here:

With all the stops you want to make I can see the appeal of having your own car rather than just using taxis or taking a tour, that being said please make sure you are up to it. It can be a bit of a shock driving on the left for the first time if you've never done it, and trying to learn it in 9 hours might be a challenge.

I would hit Cruzan on your way (presuming you don't hit the tasting bar too hard) because it gets very busy in the afternoons on ship days.

Apothecary Hall is interesting if you have a big love for medical history, otherwise I would skip it. Check out the fort while you're in Christiansted, that place is awesome! Estate Whim is actually back in Frederiksted (slightly East of town), I would hit it on the way back if you can. The great house and grounds are really cool at Whim.

There's no place called Angry Birds, I presume you meant Angry Nates? Great spot for a bite on the boardwalk, if you time it right you can watch the seaplane take off and land.

While you're in C'sted you should stop by the Blue Mutt and Luncheria. Blue Mutt is my favorite shop, especially for people with dogs, they also have jewelry, decor, and gifts. Luncheria is in the courtyard next door. Get a margarita for the drive back west and say hi to Lenny.

Domino Club is beautiful and the pigs are always entertaining, but it is a bit out of the way. That being said the drive up into the rainforest is stunning.

Make sure to leave some time in there somewhere for relaxing on a beach!!!

Wow! Busy day! Ok, let me try to address everything here:

With all the stops you want to make I can see the appeal of having your own car rather than just using taxis or taking a tour, that being said please make sure you are up to it. It can be a bit of a shock driving on the left for the first time if you've never done it, and trying to learn it in 9 hours might be a challenge.

I would hit Cruzan on your way (presuming you don't hit the tasting bar too hard) because it gets very busy in the afternoons on ship days.

Apothecary Hall is interesting if you have a big love for medical history, otherwise I would skip it. Check out the fort while you're in Christiansted, that place is awesome! Estate Whim is actually back in Frederiksted (slightly East of town), I would hit it on the way back if you can. The great house and grounds are really cool at Whim.

There's no place called Angry Birds, I presume you meant Angry Nates? Great spot for a bite on the boardwalk, if you time it right you can watch the seaplane take off and land.

While you're in C'sted you should stop by the Blue Mutt and Luncheria. Blue Mutt is my favorite shop, especially for people with dogs, they also have jewelry, decor, and gifts. Luncheria is in the courtyard next door. Get a margarita for the drive back west and say hi to Lenny.

Domino Club is beautiful and the pigs are always entertaining, but it is a bit out of the way. That being said the drive up into the rainforest is stunning.

Make sure to leave some time in there somewhere for relaxing on a beach!!!

Thanks so much for your input. Driving should not be a problem we have done the driving on the left side before.

Yes I did mean Angry Nates and Blue Mutt sounds interesting since I work at a veterinary clinic and we have 3 dogs. Margarita's sound wonderful, can you have them in the car while driving as long as the driver is not drinking?

I think we will try to see the fort and Whim estate if time, and see the pigs for sure.

It will be a busy wonderful day, looking forward to seeing your island again last time we just went to Sandcastle beach, want to see more this time.

Thank you Gail

Thanks so much for your input. Driving should not be a problem we have done the driving on the left side before.

Yes I did mean Angry Nates and Blue Mutt sounds interesting since I work at a veterinary clinic and we have 3 dogs. Margarita's sound wonderful, can you have them in the car while driving as long as the driver is not drinking?

I think we will try to see the fort and Whim estate if time, and see the pigs for sure.

It will be a busy wonderful day, looking forward to seeing your island again last time we just went to Sandcastle beach, want to see more this time.

Thank you Gail

The Blue Mutt is great, they donate a big chunk of their profits to the animal shelter, you'll love it.

The restaurant next door is called Luncheria, they make a great margarita. Your comment about margaritas made me laugh for quite a while.

Laws here are a bit different than the states, the passenger AND DRIVER are allowed to drink while driving, you just can't be drunk and drive.

I hope you enjoy your visit.

The Blue Mutt is great, they donate a big chunk of their profits to the animal shelter, you'll love it.

The restaurant next door is called Luncheria, they make a great margarita. Your comment about margaritas made me laugh for quite a while.

Laws here are a bit different than the states, the passenger AND DRIVER are allowed to drink while driving, you just can't be drunk and drive.

I hope you enjoy your visit.

Well then. Margaritas it is then. Thanks again for all your info and help.

I have one more question if you wouldn't mind answering..... Can we get a taxi for all day to take us to these places? and what would be the cost? (just in case we decide we all want to drink a little).

• 3 weeks later...
Well then. Margaritas it is then. Thanks again for all your info and help.

I have one more question if you wouldn't mind answering..... Can we get a taxi for all day to take us to these places? and what would be the cost? (just in case we decide we all want to drink a little).

You could hire a taxi but honestly, I have no idea what it would cost.

You could call Prince and see what he would charge for the day; if you have a large enough group it might be economical.

Prince: 340-642-3811