Best transportation from Fort Lauderdale to Miami Port please

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:00 PM.
Utah
6,758 Posts
Joined Feb 2001
Originally posted by ExPAGirl
Thanks for all the excellent feedback on transportation. I'm looking for transportation from the Port of Miami to Port Everglades. When we arrive in Miami we are going out again same day from Port Everglades. Does anyone know if SAS or Jiffy Jeff will do this?
SAS will.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
March 2018 Cruise:

March 2018 Cruise:

September 2018

March 2019 Cruise:

March 2019 Cruise:
Central Ohio
3,414 Posts
Joined May 2002
Originally posted by bogofman
We are looking at sas, do they ring you up or email confirmation they will pick you up?
Tge Web site does not seem to have an email address.

How does uber work, do you pre book or do it on the day just before you need them?, how do you get a price?

I asume I need to regiter an account, hiw is the driver paid?
The email for SAS is [email protected].
To use Uber, you need to add their app to your smartphone and connect a credit card to that app. When you order the car, you'll see a price and how long it will take the driver to arrive.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[email protected]

Central Ohio
3,414 Posts
Joined May 2002
We sailed on the Equinox out of Miami last month. It was much less expensive for us to fly to Ft. Lauderdale and Ft. Lauderdale hotels were also much cheaper. A group of us from our roll call all booked the same hotel near the FLL. I arranged a van from SAS to pick everyone up at the same hotel and take us to Port of Miami. Because we were a group, we were only charged $13 per person and since we were all picked up and dropped off at the same place, we didn't have to make any stops on the way. At the end of the cruise, we had another van pick us up at Port of Miami and take us to FLL, also only $13 per person.

They were very easy to work with and very prompt.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[email protected]

Utah
6,758 Posts
Joined Feb 2001
With all this SAS talk I just booked them for our March 2018 Equinox cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
March 2018 Cruise:

March 2018 Cruise:

September 2018

March 2019 Cruise:

March 2019 Cruise:
Syracuse, NY
95 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Another vote for SAS... We did it from POM >> FLL first week of Nov.
Driver even gave us a running commentary of the "landmarks" along the way.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past cruises:
Norwegian Dawn__'16...Norwegian Sun__'15 ....Norwegian Dawn__'14......Norwegian Dawn__'13
Royal Caribbean
Serenade OTS_____'17.....Serenade OTS______'16.....Brilliance OTS______'15 (twice)
Celebrity Summit______'12
Ruby Princess___'14....Crown Princess___'11....Crown Princess___'10.....Caribbean Princess___'08
Coral Princess___'08....Emerald Princess__'08....Crown Princess___'07....Caribbean Princess___'06
Dawn Princess___'05

Carnival Freedom___'14.....Splendor___'13....Triumph__'13.. ..Pride____'12....Glory____'11
........... ..Triumph___'11........Miracle___'10...Splendor__' 09....Spirit____'09.....Holiday__'07
...........Imagination__'00

NEXT UP:
Celebrity Equinox___'18