Onboard app

bebob

I read somewhere about an onboard app that shows the daily schedule and ship information. Is it possible to download this before I board and if so, is there a link? I could not find in my iPhone App Store or on the Holland website. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

it's an excellent app. Provides you with the daily schedule, your itinerary and up to date charges on your bill. It is not, however, available on the Internet, but only on the ship's servers, so you cannot download it in advance. It will require an account to be set up (no purchase required) once you board.

We just returned from a 38-day on Noordam. The ship app is accessed by typing "login.com." It gives a lot of good information, including shore excursions with more detail than you'll get from the handouts. We also used it to research upcoming cruises on their free page, as well as looking at the New York Times.

I wish they had the channel 43 w/ the map on it, but so far no.

Keep in mind, it's still very slow. Never could download shore excursions from HAL,.com. We always check out available shore excursions for any cruise we're considering booking.

It's just the intranet for the ship. You do not need an app. You simply use your regular browser. As someone mentioned, type login.com once you have connected to the ship's WiFi. This is sort of the starting point for all your internet and intranet access. (When you are done, you can type logout.com to end the session.)

Now, you know that the minute I post this, they're going to come out with a dedicated app. ;)

I don't want to appear too ignorant (but I am about this subject), but if I use this on my phone, am I basically turning on my phone and thereby having my phone in a position where I might receive calls and/or messages/e-mails? I don't want to do that while on my cruise. Thanks.

I don't want to appear too ignorant (but I am about this subject), but if I use this on my phone, am I basically turning on my phone and thereby having my phone in a position where I might receive calls and/or messages/e-mails? I don't want to do that while on my cruise. Thanks.

There will be no problem if you put your phone in airplane mode, then turn on wifi. There should not be a cellular at sea at the top, just a wifi symbol.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

There will be no problem if you put your phone in airplane mode, then turn on wifi. There should not be a cellular at sea at the top, just a wifi symbol.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

You have received excellent answers. I will just thrown in that used the function on Nieuw Amsterdam to check charges and it worked great unlike RCL that uses an app that never works etc.

George in NY

We just returned from a 38-day on Noordam. The ship app is accessed by typing "login.com." It gives a lot of good information, including shore excursions with more detail than you'll get from the handouts. We also used it to research upcoming cruises on their free page, as well as looking at the New York Times.

I wish they had the channel 43 w/ the map on it, but so far no.

Keep in mind, it's still very slow. Never could download shore excursions from HAL,.com. We always check out available shore excursions for any cruise we're considering booking.

Good to know that I will be able to browse thru the nytimes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's not internet connected. No need to buy internet. You do need to log in IIRC.
For the "view my account" features on the ships that support it, you nerd to create a login, but you do not need an internet plan or minutes.

Can also access by times as a complimentary site

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I think radiationman is referring to the New York times at http://www.nytimes.com . You can access the Times website as well as (with a subscription) the daily NY Times crossword without having to pay for internet time.