Wedding renewal ideas

Underway53

wife and I are going to Cozumel Mahogany Bay and Belize. We would like to do a vow renewal on the trip at a beach. We were young and had a baby on the way when we got married. I wanted a beach wedding but her family threatened not come if we didn’t do it in her church.

So it will be our 18th anniversary when we cruise and would like to renew our vows on the beach. Any suggestions on where and how?!

A lot of ships have a renewal but on the ship, not on the beach. Belize doesn't have a beach anywhere near the town and it is a LONG, LONG way to tender into the town. Carnival built Mahogany Bay and there is a beach there. You can pay for a cable ride there or walk a ways over a bridge to get there. There are beaches in Cozumel but none walkable from the port. I don't know how to find someone unless you meet someone on board and ask them to read the vows to you on a beach.

We just renewed our wedding vows on a cruise line a few months ago so just wanted to say that I would consider that.

As mentioned if you know some other passengers you could ask them to assist you with this but the cruise line itself doesn't do the vows off the ship.

Maybe try googling Cozumel to see if you can find someone that offers this service locally.

Keith

Renewals are easy since there are no legal requirements involved. You can make it as elaborate or a simple as you want. You can use a minister or a friend or no one at all. You can party after or not. The real question is what do the two of you want to do. When you figure that part out then we can help with the details.

My daughter had a beach wedding in Mexico. It was very nice. Something that she always wanted. The service had no legal standing whatsoever. They had an authorized person come to their home and officially marry them while sitting at the kitchen table. I assume vow renewals are the same minus the getting married legally part.

I would think that Cozumel might be your best bet out of the three. Many beautiful beaches and resorts that are a 10 to 15 minute cheap cab ride away. And you would not have to get too elaborate with decorations and such as the natural beauty of the water in the background and swaying palm trees will be more than enough. In Cozumel, I would think you might be able to find a flower shop pretty close to the port where you could pick up a nice little bouquet if you wanted to.

Given the size of Cozumel, you should be able to easily find an officiant you could take with you. Unless you really want to go all out, you should be able to do this very easily on the cheap without involving wedding planners etc. If you don’t have anyone else with you, there will be any number of tourists who will be happy to snap a few pictures for you.

My husband and I met at 13 in 1958. We are celebrating our 56th welding anniversary In January. He says why renew our vows? We don't need to as we couldn't have had a happier 55+ years. No need to say vows again, 1st ones still count!