Question about train from Montreal -Quebec City

Does anyone have info on train from Montreal (Central Station) to Old Quebec City(Palace) it looks like. I am looking at tickets the end of Sept one way. I see the Super Saver fares and were wondering if the seats have seat assignments. How was your experience with economy class tickets? I have been looking through posts and have not seen any recent posts. Any help would be appreciated. Thankyou

Does anyone have info on train from Montreal (Central Station) to Old Quebec City(Palace) it looks like. I am looking at tickets the end of Sept one way. I see the Super Saver fares and were wondering if the seats have seat assignments. How was your experience with economy class tickets? I have been looking through posts and have not seen any recent posts. Any help would be appreciated. Thankyou

We have booked the train from Montreal to Quebec City on Oct. 6 with the supersaver fare and we do have assigned seats. I did it online and they ask you whether you want an isle or window seat. My husband and I have seats next to each other - an isle and a window. We are getting on the Emerald Princess in Quebec City of Oct. 6. We are also taking Amtrak from NY to Montreal on Oct. 4. Happy sailing. Willa

We have booked the train from Montreal to Quebec City on Oct. 6 with the supersaver fare and we do have assigned seats. I did it online and they ask you whether you want an isle or window seat. My husband and I have seats next to each other - an isle and a window. We are getting on the Emerald Princess in Quebec City of Oct. 6. We are also taking Amtrak from NY to Montreal on Oct. 4. Happy sailing. Willa

We are also doing this on the same day and sailing on the same ship as above. We booked our tickets at the beginning of year and received assigned seating. We also received an email from VIA Rail saying that our train was changed and will have a baggage car. When I phoned to confirm our seating, per the instructions, we had the same seating but the customer service agent I spoke with didn't know anything about it.

Very cool, I did not know this, as they weren't doing this the last time I rode VIA. If only AMTRAK were as modern...

Very new, implemented in the last few months I believe. Makes things WAY easier when boarding, before it could be a bit of a freeforall.

Deb

Ni! I commuted for 20 years, often by train, between Québec city and Montréal until little over a year ago. Via Rail does assign seats but sometimes, as you board, you find that they changed the type of train and assignements don't work. People are accommodating and will let small groups sit together.

Some seats have you riding backwards, so if it is something that bothers you, ask for a seat facing forward and not the one fading the partition.

IMHO first class is not worth it, the différence is only for the meal..

Via Rail has online specials for last minute booking that can be a really really good deal. But you never know in advance what routes will be on

I really enjoy the ride, even alter 20 years. Plus you get on and off right downtown !

Have a nice trip.

• 1 month later...
how much is taxi to pier?

thks frank

We just returned and were trying to rack our brains figuring out what we paid. We both don't think it was more then $15 Cdn (including tip). However, the station is close enough to the pier that if you don't have alot of luggage, you can walk. We saw several people doing that.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived