How was your day in St. Croix?

drake2014

Looking back I realized today marks exactly one year since I started giving advice and recommendations on these boards. Crazy how time flies!

I'm hoping that I've been able to help some of you really get the most out of your day in my paradise.

If I've helped you in the past please use this thread to let me know how it went. It's the only way I'll know if the people I'm pointing you towards are treating you right.

Thanks everyone and happy new year!

• 1 year later...

Just saw this thread. I am not on any cruises to St Croix anytime soon. I lived there for a short time back in 1990. Yes, a long time ago. :) At the time there was a Chart House on a pier. Across the bay was a little "island". Does that ring a bell with you? I am thinking of a land vacation in San Juan and St Croix. Just starting to plan some things. Is that area across the bay still there? We enjoyed it and enjoyed the music and food provided.

• 3 weeks later...
Just saw this thread. I am not on any cruises to St Croix anytime soon. I lived there for a short time back in 1990. Yes, a long time ago. :) At the time there was a Chart House on a pier. Across the bay was a little "island". Does that ring a bell with you? I am thinking of a land vacation in San Juan and St Croix. Just starting to plan some things. Is that area across the bay still there? We enjoyed it and enjoyed the music and food provided.

Hotel on the Cay is right across the water from Christiansted, that's my best guess for what you're talking about. Great bar, decent food, cute hotel.

http://www.hotelonthecay.com/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am hoping that Drake will answer your query but I fear he may still lack power in his area on St. Croix thanks to Irma.

Hotels that welcome cruisers include:

Sandcastles on the Beach (about a 2 mile cab ride from the port)

Renaissance Carambola (20 minute cab ride)

Hotel on the Cay (on a small island in the Christiansted Harbor, 30 minutes from port)

The Palms at Pelican Cove (they are under new ownership so not sure if they are continuing this)

The Buccaneer (30 minutes from port and pricey)

I am hoping that Drake will answer your query but I fear he may still lack power in his area on St. Croix thanks to Irma.

Hotels that welcome cruisers include:

Sandcastles on the Beach (about a 2 mile cab ride from the port)

Renaissance Carambola (20 minute cab ride)

Hotel on the Cay (on a small island in the Christiansted Harbor, 30 minutes from port)

The Palms at Pelican Cove (they are under new ownership so not sure if they are continuing this)

The Buccaneer (30 minutes from port and pricey)

Thank you so incredibly much! When you say they welcome cruisers, do they have day passes for purchase? If so, do you happen to know how much and what it includes? I am still researching this port as well, but any help is welcome!

I know that Sandcastles does a $25 day pass which includes a chair, umbrella and a drink or two.

The Buccaneer offers something but it's more like $100.

But with Maria set on St. Croix in a couple of days, this may be a moot point. We are beyond terrified for our friends on island.