NOLA weather in January

MsMistiS

We will be cruising out of New Orleans January 15th and we were unsure of the weather that time of year. I have only visited in the spring/summer when it is very hot and humid. Will it be warm enough to lay pool side on departure day? Or will we need pants and long sleeves until we get farther south? Up here in Kentucky our weather is so unpredictable. It could be 20 degrees one day and 75 the next that time of year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will be cruising out of New Orleans January 15th and we were unsure of the weather that time of year. I have only visited in the spring/summer when it is very hot and humid. Will it be warm enough to lay pool side on departure day? Or will we need pants and long sleeves until we get farther south? Up here in Kentucky our weather is so unpredictable. It could be 20 degrees one day and 75 the next that time of year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi MsMistiS! We have cruised out of New Orleans many times in January. The weather is unpredictable, just as it is throughout the South. That said, plan on long pants, light long sleeve shirt and have a light jacket available. The breeze over the water can be cool once underway. Also, the following sea day can be cool. It might not be a lay at the pool kinda day. Just plan accordingly and hope for the best. It CAN be in the 80s and just beautiful!

Enjoy your cruise,

Dawn