Dublin Hotel - which should I choose?

We will be in Dublin in June for 3 days pre-cruise and looking for a hotel. I did a search on here but I found that the hotels that have been recommended are fully booked or have rates $450+ per night - above our budget.

I have found 2 that I am considering Premier Suites Plus - Lesson Street the other is Arlington Hotel O'Connell Bridge. Both are about the same price so decision comes down to location and more comfortable place. Also the hotel must have a lift as back issues make carrying luggage up stairs isn't possible.

Anyone familiar with these 2 hotels I would appreciate your input..

Thanks!

Yep, a lot of places will not let you book over a year out. And many even less than that. When their reservations systems say "No rooms available" this far out, it is because the rooms are not released yet, not because they are fully booked. ;)

Yeah, that's perfectly normal. Don't worry. But, do book as soon as your dates are available because you'll often get a better deal with hotels the farther out you book. Sorry can't help with the hotels other than to rely on TripAdvisor for recommendations. Do a search by guest rating, then go down the list from the top and find one that meets your budget.

We are under 11 months from our arrival in Dublin and I too believe booking early is the way to go. I checked trip advisor, and a number of other sites and both hotels get good reviews and prices are comparable.

I was hoping someone from Dublin or someone familiar with Dublin could

advise on which had the better location.

• 10 months later...

Camden Court Hotel which is in Central Dublin near St Stephen's green is great. Alternatively you could stay at the Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport. It's a much cheaper room rate, excellent hotel and a taxi into the city is c.25 euro each way. Would still work out cheaper than paying central Dublin prices. A cheaper way you can also do it is get the free hotel shuttle to the airport (it's about 7 mins away) and then take a bus into central Dublin.

For the two hotels you mentioned.....

The Arlington is along the Canal and near Temple Bar so would be in central Dublin near the main shopping street. The other Premier Suites are near St Stephen's Green which is a big park. This is a quieter area but still in walking distance to everywhere.

If you want to be in the centre of the city action then choose Arlington. If you want to enjoy the city but at a bit of a more relaxed pace then Premier Suites Leeson. We tend to stay near St Stephen's Green (we live in Belfast). Hope the information helps (ps check the prices on the hotel's own website as most often they are cheaper).