“Grandfathered” pixel package

Smokeybooks

Hello everyone,

For those of you that purchased the pixel packages before they were taken off......

Has anyone used it yet?

Did you have any problems?

How did you pick the pictures you wanted to print?

We bought the $249 package and will be on the Breeze the end of August (advice from any ship would be wonderful).

Thanks in advance for all the help

We had in on our recent trip on the Carnival Dream. It work really well. We left the ship with over a 100 pictures. I noticed other leaving with 3 times as many. you have to active the program with the notice left in your cabin. then go and collect your pictures daily and give it to the staff who will file in a folder until you pick them up on the last night. Enjoy!

Edited by Purvis1231
typo

We used it on the triumph, and had the 199.00 package. We gathered our photos daily, took them to the check out where they were counted and "rung up" and then placed in the pixels box and handed over to us. We didnt need to have them filed or held behind the counter. You do have to "activate" your package at the pixels desk. They do take a piece of paper that you sign and file it. They wrote on mine that said "guest to take photos". Each day we went to check out, they pull the file to see what package you have.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I was wondering that also. In our package we get to pick up to 50 to print and get all the digital copies. Can we chose the ones to be printed out of the hub app or do we have to go to the desk? Also do all the pictures that are taken automatically go on the usb or do we have to tell them which ones we want on there also?

I was on the Vista in May and had the $249 package just after they discontinued it. Assuming they haven't changed the process (because it was early on while they were still trying to figure out how to handle it I think) I had to take the card that was in my room to pixels the first day to "register" for it. Then on the last sea day I was told to go to pixels prior to 1pm if I didn't want to wait in line for hours. I went around 12 and they had all my prints ready. I had been deleting ones I didn't like from the app that morning and thought when they told me to come it would be to order the prints, but they just had every picture connected to my room already printed along with the USB. They said any taken the last sea day wouldn't be printed, but I could have brought the USB back and had them added to it.

We had the original fully unlimited print and digital package on the Pride (still prints all photos). We had to gather them each day and turn them in, then they used those to know which images went into the flash drive. Worked very easily and everyone seemed very knowledgeable as to what we should get.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 6 months later...

Old topic, but we wanted to share. We jumped on the big package when it was offered for those few weeks last spring. Just back from the 14 night Hawaii Journeys cruise. We didn't seek out any "extra" pics. Took 3-4 on 10 of the nights (offered all 14) plus the gangway shots. We just collected the shots they printed which ends up being 3-5 shots per backdrop. 

At the end of the cruise, we ended up with 270 prints. 

We did not try to abuse or manipulate the system. But in a way, I left feeling like "this is why we can't have nice things." I also see why Carnival had to abandon the program pretty quickly, but I hope that they keep working on it, with an eye toward an all digital system similar to the Disney Photo Pass. 

On the Conquest and the Magic which are both digital ships... Both times I had to give them a printout of John Healds Facebook post stating that the original packages would be honored. I also had a printout of the original packages stating that I would get all of my prints AND digitals. They tried to get around it. The Magic wasn't so bad but on the Conquest I ended up needing to speak to a supervisor which I finally got what I paid for. I ended up getting just over 200 prints and 200 digitals on each ship. 

Be sure to have EVERYTHING so they can't try to work around it. John Healds Facebook post printout is what saved me. 

ETA: I just realized how old this thread was, and for some reason was bumped up 

Edited by teknoge3k