Last debarkation

didugger

We are traveling on the Horizon in Oct we are staying in Fort lauderdale for the night after the cruise so we have no reason to rush off the ship. Can anyone give me advise on how to disembark comfortably. We usually carry our luggage off our self, but that is because we are always in a hurry to get to the airport Thanks for the hints

On our last cruise from New Orleans, we waited until about 9:30 to leave the ship- but apparently a lot of other folks did the same so it was a little crowded so it took us about 30 minutes to disembark- from the ship to collect our luggage and then through customs. Fort Lauderdale is a bigger port so hopefully it will flow smoothly.

Edited by Purvis1231
typo

Well if you don’t mind parting with your luggage - leave clothes out for the next day! - let Carnival carry it off. Vacate your room around 8 and go to the MDR for breakfast. Relax and enjoy - you will need to leave by 9 so they can start turning the room over. You can find a quiet space on any of the open decks or other listed spaces to relax. Walk off at last call. Expect a line for customs though. It’s hard to be last off and not have to wait there...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well if you don’t mind parting with your luggage - leave clothes out for the next day! - let Carnival carry it off. Vacate your room around 8 and go to the MDR for breakfast. Relax and enjoy - you will need to leave by 9 so they can start turning the room over. You can find a quiet space on any of the open decks or other listed spaces to relax. Walk off at last call. Expect a line for customs though. It’s hard to be last off and not have to wait there...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wonder how often the last people getting off find their luggage missing?

One thing I have learned about packing my luggage for cruising . If I cant carry it off the ship with me ,I didn't need to bring it to start with.

I dunno, but we've never found ours missing. Most seem to do it this way, judging from the number of bags outside cabin doors on the last night. If a lot have come up missing, I'm sure we would have heard about at least on case of this happening here on CC.

I dunno, but we've never found ours missing. Most seem to do it this way, judging from the number of bags outside cabin doors on the last night. If a lot have come up missing, I'm sure we would have heard about at least on case of this happening here on CC.

Most likely.

One thing I have learned about packing my luggage for cruising . If I cant carry it off the ship with me ,I didn't need to bring it to start with.

Seems like each year we cruise we manage to bring less and less stuff with us. When we started off with Princess and no longer had free laundry we had to deal with airline weight limits and that got us to really reduce the stuff we take

If it were me, I'd still try to get off the ship as early as I could, take my luggage to where I'm staying the night, and find something fun to do. I hate the vibe of debarkation with the constant announcements and people just sitting around.

We are traveling on the Horizon in Oct we are staying in Fort lauderdale for the night after the cruise so we have no reason to rush off the ship. Can anyone give me advise on how to disembark comfortably. We usually carry our luggage off our self, but that is because we are always in a hurry to get to the airport Thanks for the hints

Keep your luggage until they say last call.