Majesty of Seas Cutting it too close

charmy98

We are crusing on the Majesty 19th Jan - 24th Jan it says ship arrives back at port 7.00am, Port Canaveral, we have a flight departing Orlando International airport at 12.15pm are we cutting this too close. I don't want to miss our flight. What is the earliest we can disembark the ship and how long does it usually take.

We are crusing on the Majesty 19th Jan - 24th Jan it says ship arrives back at port 7.00am, Port Canaveral, we have a flight departing Orlando International airport at 12.15pm are we cutting this too close. I don't want to miss our flight. What is the earliest we can disembark the ship and how long does it usually take.

You should be ok with this timing.

To be sure, do self-disembark, carrying off your own luggage, which should be easy on a short cruise.

I love TSA pre-check, which I get with my Global Entry. Do you have TSA pre-check? It really helps at MCO.

To be sure, do self-disembark, carrying off your own luggage, which should be easy on a short cruise.

I love TSA pre-check, which I get with my Global Entry. Do you have TSA pre-check? It really helps at MCO.

If they don’t, I think it would be nearly impossible to get approval for January. Took us almost six months to go through the trusted traveler program this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you Merion, I am not sure about the TSA Pre Check, we do have Nexus Cards, we are from Canada but my Australian family will also be travelling with us. Can they do this TSA Pre Check?

Your Nexus cards work for Global Entry--at least our Sentri (for southern border) cards do, so it has to include Nexus, too (opps--did I say "has to" in connection with any government operation?).

However, we did not use scanners at the port to disembark. If you self-disembark and are in the early part of that movement of passengers, American emigration has agreed to shorten the process (who knows why?) and not inspect suitcases, etc. They just glance at your passport and you move on. It's amazingly fast.

We self-disembarked from Oasis and were on the bus to Orlando by 7:00; it takes less than an hour to get to Orlando from the port. We used www.goportcanaveral.com https://www.goportcanaveral.com/airport-shuttle/day-of-cruise.php

They have buses waiting and leave very promptly. We used them to go to the port also. The cost was $15.00 each, one way. I think we were in the airport schedule change line about 8:00 am. (We got to the airport early enough to manage to take a different flight from the one we were supposed to be on. Ours was supposed to stop in Houston for a plane change, which in the aftermath of Harvey was a definite problem. Had we been later, it simply would not have been possible to get another flight until late the next day.) I'm definitely a fan of www.goportcanaveral.com They left long before the Royal bus did.

Charmy98, If you apply for a Nexus pass $50 tomorrow (unless the price has increased) for instance on line, you should have it by January 18, 2018. The application gets reviewed and you will be contacted and asked to choose a day and time to appear at either Niagara Falls Customs and Immigration or at Toronto Pearson for your interview. Be flexible with your availability for the interview and eye scan. We find it very convenient for land travel - eg. crossing into New York from Ontario. There is a special crossing for Nexus / Global Access holders and it literally takes two minutes to cross. Works great at the airports, just use a machine, and you are on your way. No more talking to immigration agents and standing in long crazy lines, especially coming in to Toronto after 8 pm at night when all the International flights seem to converge together. Remember, the golden rule, however, for all US / Canada flights, you really should be at the airport no later than 2.5 hours prior to the flight.

We have done self assist debarkation each time, and the latest we were off and made it through customs was 730am. Considering at that time of morning you are looking at an hour to the Airport, you should be fine.

The cruise itinerary for Majesty is saying it gets back into port at 7.00am this is why I am thinking it's cutting it close. If the ship does not dock until 7.00am then how long does it take before you can start getting off?

The cruise itinerary for Majesty is saying it gets back into port at 7.00am this is why I am thinking it's cutting it close. If the ship does not dock until 7.00am then how long does it take before you can start getting off?

Mine were that schedule as well. They cleared the ship all 4 times on Majesty for us before our scheduled time to arrive. So it just depends.

If they don’t, I think it would be nearly impossible to get approval for January. Took us almost six months to go through the trusted traveler program this year.
Preliminary approval is usually well under a week. I assume that you are referring to the time to get a scheduled appointment for the in-person interview. Most days at most locations you can walk in, stand-by and be interviewed within the hour - my wait as a walk-in was 5 minutes to get to a Global Entry interviewer. YMMV.

no, the time posted is when they expect to start debarking. The ship will be alongside around 6 am.

our MJ cruise was scheduled to return at 7:00, it was later altered to 8:00 due to speed restrictions, but since we had to skip Coco Cay we got in at 7:00. First in line for self assist got off around 7:20.

Book a full suite and you can be first off the ship more or less.

No. TSA pre check and Global Entry (Trusted Traveler) is for US Citizens only.

NEXUS/Global entry and TSA pre-check are valid for Canadian Citizens as well as US. I use it ALL the time when I travel south and north into and out of the States. Love the fact that I can get through LAX in the pre-check line.

Thank you Merion, I am not sure about the TSA Pre Check, we do have Nexus Cards, we are from Canada but my Australian family will also be travelling with us. Can they do this TSA Pre Check?

charmy98, only those with NEXUS cards will be able to the TSA pre-check. If your Australian do not have a NEXUS or Global entry card, they will not be allowed to do TSA pre-check.

NEXUS/Global entry and TSA pre-check are valid for Canadian Citizens as well as US. I use it ALL the time when I travel south and north into and out of the States. Love the fact that I can get through LAX in the pre-check line.

Yes. I already fell on my sword for my mistake.

I think on a typical debarkation day for Majesty you would be fine with that flight but it’s always good to have a back up plan in mind just in case.😀. Our debarkation on October 2nd cruise was delayed due to storms during the night, we did not dock until almost 0745 so it was 0830 before people doing self assist started getting off. The line to get through Customs was long & slow as well with only 3 agents. We were in group 1 and it took 1 1/2 hours to get out of the terminal.

Sherri:)

No. TSA pre check and Global Entry (Trusted Traveler) is for US Citizens only.

Not quite true ... my wife is a US Legal Permanent Resident (Green Card) and she has Global Entry. I also work with several South Korean and German citizens and they are Global Entry members due to their membership in similar programs in their own countries. I can't speak for Australia, but I have heard that they are either already "in" for Global Entry or are well in the process.

Michael

Not quite true ... my wife is a US Legal Permanent Resident (Green Card) and she has Global Entry. I also work with several South Korean and German citizens and they are Global Entry members due to their membership in similar programs in their own countries. I can't speak for Australia, but I have heard that they are either already "in" for Global Entry or are well in the process.

Michael

Agreed. Now four times on my sword.

Since you seem to be taking this in stride, I figure I'll mention that I had my precheck interview at LGA on a Sunday afternoon and was approved and in the precheck line for my return flight that Friday. Can I get sword falling for 5 please Alex?