Choice of cabins

what happens if we can't get the cabins we want? Can we cancel cruise and get our money back?

Never been on a cruise where we can't choose our cabin number whilst booking.

Hello silversurf

There's a sliding scale of charges up to departure date but your deposit is lost even if it is early on in your booking and you decide to cancel. It's all in the t&c's in the back of the brochure.

Obviously you pay 'Select Fare' with P&O where you pay a premium to select your specific cabin.

I suggest, with TUI (Marella) you book through a TUI agent and instruct them that you will only make a booking if your choice of cabin can be satisfied. I'm sure they would easily find out the availability, which, as you say, you cannot do, presumably on line.

I make the booking right through on line up to when I have to pay Then I ring the cabin booking no They do a dummy booking and tell me whether the cabin I want is available, they stay on the line while I complete my booking by paying and I then give them my booking reference number from the confirmation email and they then book my cabin and I pay for it over the phone They then send me an email confirmation with my cabin no on it. I have done this for my last 6 cruises without problem

I use a TA and they check the cabin I want is available before I pay the deposit.

If you booked online and then found your preferred cabin was not available you are probably stuck!

I think they should make a cabin booking part of the booking process.

There is also the issue of people being bumped from the cabin they paid for. There can be a valid reason for this such as if you are a couple booking a 3 or 4 berth you may be bumped if subsequently someone wants that cabin for 3/4 people. IMO an invalid reason is bumping you because the potential customer will not book unless they get the cabin they want for example adjacent cabins.

Experienced cruisers know that cabins of the same category are not the same. there are good ones, OK ones, indifferent ones and bad ones. If I was bumped into a bad one I would go ballistic. :mad: