Some of my videos from the MSC Yacht Club

Norwegian Cruiser 73

We started to sail MSC Cruises in 2010 and have ever since loved to sail the line. We had our first Yacht Club cruise in 2011 and the YC is amazing value for money. We have also sailed RCI but keep coming back to the YC and have concluded with that this is the ultimate product for us. High level service with great food and not at least privacy in great surroundings. And outside the YC , another ship to explore, amazing. Here are some videos from the Top Sail Lounges and the The One Pool Decks from different ships in the MSC fleet. Enjoy :) As seen in the videos there are some differences between the ships and the YC on the Meraviglia is very different from her fleetmates in the Fantasia Class. And the new Seaside Class looks spectacular. Can't wait to try the YC there.

Let's start with the newest ship in the fleet, the MSC Meraviglia:

The Top Sail Lounge:

[YOUTUBE]U8UvoGgvLi0[/YOUTUBE]

The One Pooldeck, reserved for Yacht Club Guests:

[YOUTUBE]MHdUB7XUZN0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]DRZA64JJnXc[/YOUTUBE]

MSC Divina:

The Top Sail Lounge:

[YOUTUBE]ynQ0yO4yZUA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]lYrSLZ1iuEY[/YOUTUBE]

The One Pool Deck:

[YOUTUBE]EVu944TwKhI[/YOUTUBE]

MSC Preziosa:

The Top Sail Lounge:

[YOUTUBE]jV6ACkh7Iz4[/YOUTUBE]

The One Pooldeck:

[YOUTUBE]Gpys8HhpGFo[/YOUTUBE]

MSC Fantasia, the first MSC ship with YC and one of my favourites in the fleet:

The Top Sail Lounge:

[YOUTUBE]sWgFZ8BimGU[/YOUTUBE]

The One Pooldeck:

[YOUTUBE]46Y-OMqi3vE[/YOUTUBE]

One more video from the Top Sail Lounge on the first ship of the Fantasia Class, MSC Fantasia:

[YOUTUBE]sVVAFHRTP3g[/YOUTUBE]

On the Fantasia Class the Top Sail Lounge is larger on the MSC Preziosa and MSC Divina than the MSC Splendida and MSC Fantasia and the snack buffet arrangement is different.

I refuse, point blank, to watch these videos, NC, as our upcoming cruise is in a Fantastica balcony cabin, so seeing wonderful YC images will only upset me! :(

However, I am book-marking this thread and, upon my return from said cruise, I will watch them (on a loop) in preparation for our March outing in YC on Splendida! ;p I'm just hoping that someone who sails on her soon after her emergence from dry-dock will report back and have interesting info on her enhancements which are being made for her debut season in China. It was mentioned that the 'MSC for ME' app will be a feature.

I refuse, point blank, to watch these videos, NC, as our upcoming cruise is in a Fantastica balcony cabin, so seeing wonderful YC images will only upset me! :(

However, I am book-marking this thread and, upon my return from said cruise, I will watch them (on a loop) in preparation for our March outing in YC on Splendida! ;p I'm just hoping that someone who sails on her soon after her emergence from dry-dock will report back and have interesting info on her enhancements which are being made for her debut season in China. It was mentioned that the 'MSC for ME' app will be a feature.

I'm sure you gonna have a great cruise in a Fantastica Balcony Bea :) I have great memories from our cruises in a Fantastica Balcony on the Poesia, Magnifica and not at least the Armonia cruise around the Canary Islands just after her refurbishment. But the YC is fantastic and I'm very eager to see the finished MSC Seaside and the YC there. So far it's looks stunning. Very interesting to see that they have connected the restaurant and the Top Sail with a stair. Hopefully it's a Swarowsky stair :')

Your upcoming cruise on the Splendida will be something very special. Wonderful itinerary and as you say, will be interesting to see what enhancements which are being made. Here is some info for you:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/17962-msc-announces-game-changing-features-for-china-bound-splendida.html

They will also increase the number of shops and boutiques onboard.

The Splendida is the only Fantasia Class we have not sailed, hmm, mayby we should join you.....I whish we could :)

Thanks for the link, NC. I get a notification email from CruiseIndustryNews regularly but I must have misssed that one!

I'd written a whole post in reply, but I think it warrants a new thread.

It would be wonderful if you and your better half could join us - that would just be icing on an already wonderful cruise! :cool:

On the subject of the balcony cabin - we've done more cruises in one than in any other category, and we're more than satisfied to be in one this time, too. Our first Christmas cruise, so really looking forward to it. However, it is certainly being overshadowed by the YC repo. Getting visas for the various countries is causing me some anxiety, though, as I don't know where to start. When we sailed in Asia on Celebrity, they organised the required visas onboard - I don't think MSC will. I'm going to have to get the finger out and do some research! :rolleyes:

Do you have any videos for the MSC Splendida Yacht Club as we will be sailing on it for 7 days in March and have never been on an MSC ship before.

Many thanks for any info you have.

NorwegianCruiser has never sailed on Splendida (see the last line in post #6).

(I'm sure NC won't mind me answering this - he's not always around.)

Splendida is in dry-dock being refurbished, so there'll be quite a few changes made. Here's a link to a thread on the subject:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2564171

I'm hoping someone posts photos and videos here as we'll be on Splendida in YC at the end of March for her Grand Voyage to Japan. I know that one particular poster (:*) has promised to report back, but I think it may be around the same time as you - they sail at the beginning of March.

I'm sure you gonna have a great cruise in a Fantastica Balcony Bea :) I have great memories from our cruises in a Fantastica Balcony on the Poesia, Magnifica and not at least the Armonia cruise around the Canary Islands just after her refurbishment. But the YC is fantastic and I'm very eager to see the finished MSC Seaside and the YC there. So far it's looks stunning. Very interesting to see that they have connected the restaurant and the Top Sail with a stair. Hopefully it's a Swarowsky stair :')

Your upcoming cruise on the Splendida will be something very special. Wonderful itinerary and as you say, will be interesting to see what enhancements which are being made. Here is some info for you:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/17962-msc-announces-game-changing-features-for-china-bound-splendida.html

They will also increase the number of shops and boutiques onboard.

The Splendida is the only Fantasia Class we have not sailed, hmm, mayby we should join you.....I whish we could :)

Very nice appearance and great little videos.

My only observational criticism of MSC (or other lines that have "ship within a ship") is: why can't all passengers have "members only" privileges and the better quality of the Yacht Club?

Also noticed that the string/piano music didn't appear to be live, the buffet (except for meat carving) appeared to be self-serve, etc. It's often lack of touches like those that set a ship (or its industry segment) a notch or three below advertised "luxury."

You may want to someday try a premium line like Azamara or Oceania where everyone has a "Yacht Club" experience (plus .....) for a bottom line "net daily cost" experience that is not all that much more expensive than the best that MSC has to offer. I only mention this because, quite a few years ago, when we first tried the premium cruise line experience and realized the exceptional value, we quickly abandoned the mass market.

In any case, the Yacht Club looks very inviting.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello Flatbush,

The MSC Yacht Club concept is very different from the small ship luxury experience. A lot of people enjoy the big ship experience with the touch of luxury that the Yacht Club offers. And that is the point...you get the luxury plus all the amenities of the big ship. Some of my friends are like you...they prefer the small luxury ship. We really enjoy the evening action and entertainment and we found the MSC Divina Yacht Club experience to be a perfect fit. BTW we just returned from our October cruise and an equivalent suite on Azamara or Oceania would have cost twice as much. Not to mention that the Premium drinks package on MSC is so much better than Azamara or Oceania because it is included. I know that Azamara only offers “rack varieties” and Oceania charges big $$ for the same brands that MSC routinely uses. Our butler and the entire YC staff provided the best service we have ever had in 50 years of crossing and cruising. That one bonus alone was worth the price of admission. We dined with a couple who had cruised with Azamara many times and they agreed that the YC was incredible. We both agreed that the difference is big ship-small ship. We liked the YC experience so much that we have booked a B2B for next year!!

Edited by CGTNORMANDIE
ll ship.

Hello Flatbush,

The MSC Yacht Club concept is very different from the small ship luxury experience. A lot of people enjoy the big ship experience with the touch of luxury that the Yacht Club offers. And that is the point...you get the luxury plus all the amenities of the big ship. Some of my friends are like you...they prefer the small luxury ship. We really enjoy the evening action and entertainment and we found the MSC Divina Yacht Club experience to be a perfect fit. BTW we just returned from our October cruise and an equivalent suite on Azamara or Oceania would have cost twice as much. Not to mention that the Premium drinks package on MSC is so much better than Azamara or Oceania because it is included. I know that Azamara only offers “rack varieties” and Oceania charges big $$ for the same brands that MSC routinely uses. Our butler and the entire YC staff provided the best service we have ever had in 50 years of crossing and cruising. That one bonus alone was worth the price of admission. We dined with a couple who had cruised with Azamara many times and they agreed that the YC was incredible. We both agreed that the difference is big ship-small ship. We liked the YC experience so much that we have booked a B2B for next year!!

Time to dispel a few myths.

Oceania's O Life fares include the option of selecting beer/wine mealtime drinks as a no cost perk. Add $20/day for unlimited (time or type) booze (including tip). That means no charge/no tip for a double margarita with el Tesoro reposado and Cointreau with fresh lime (a $35+ drink on any mass market cruise line).

Of course, the basic O fare already includes all other unlimited beverages and internet plus all specialty restaurants (as often as you can set a reservation). But, the biggest O $ advantage is the inclusion of airfare (or credit if you DIY). For an international flight, that could easily save you up to $1500-$2000 per person.

As for the entertainment: since the relatively new alliance with the NCL family, O uses the same talent agency (albeit, ship size does limit options).

Again, do the math. MSC Yacht Club will never come close to Oceania in terms of what you actually get for your money. (Actually, neither will Azamara, particularly when it come to the food quality)

Very nice appearance and great little videos.

My only observational criticism of MSC (or other lines that have "ship within a ship") is: why can't all passengers have "members only" privileges and the better quality of the Yacht Club?

Also noticed that the string/piano music didn't appear to be live, the buffet (except for meat carving) appeared to be self-serve, etc. It's often lack of touches like those that set a ship (or its industry segment) a notch or three below advertised "luxury."

You may want to someday try a premium line like Azamara or Oceania where everyone has a "Yacht Club" experience (plus .....) for a bottom line "net daily cost" experience that is not all that much more expensive than the best that MSC has to offer. I only mention this because, quite a few years ago, when we first tried the premium cruise line experience and realized the exceptional value, we quickly abandoned the mass market.

In any case, the Yacht Club looks very inviting.

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked my vidoes.

There is live piano music in the Yacht Club Top Sail Lounge every evening. A very nice lounge with the best views onboard. I would like to try out Azamara or maybe even Oceania someday but their pricing is well above the Yacht Club. Besides that I love the "ship within the ship" concept that MSC and also NCL offer. It might be that those lines offer more luxury and but the YC offers me a cruise experience that is great value for money. And I love the megaship feeling. And the smaller ships don't offer all the amenities that a megaship offer outside the YC enclave. But I have looked at Azamara and they offer some really good itineraries. As we mostly cruise in the summer season MSC offer for the moment only 7 nights itineraries. I prefer longer cruises. We did 14 nights B2B in the Caribbean in the YC some years ago, a great cruise.

NorwegianCruiser has never sailed on Splendida (see the last line in post #6).

(I'm sure NC won't mind me answering this - he's not always around.)

Splendida is in dry-dock being refurbished, so there'll be quite a few changes made. Here's a link to a thread on the subject:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2564171

I'm hoping someone posts photos and videos here as we'll be on Splendida in YC at the end of March for her Grand Voyage to Japan. I know that one particular poster (:*) has promised to report back, but I think it may be around the same time as you - they sail at the beginning of March.

Thank you Bea :) As the Splendida is leaving European waters we are considering a cruise out of Dubai on here next winter season :)

Thank you Bea :) As the Splendida is leaving European waters we are considering a cruise out of Dubai on here next winter season :)

I'll try and get lots of photos of the YC for you, NC. (I'm assuming it's YC you'll book if you go ahead).

I can't wait to see what they're adding to her in dry-dock. I imagine there'll be some really nice enhancements in YC - she's being deployed to China specifically because of the existence of the Yacht Club onboard.

If that's me, we sail 3rd March also. Sadly on this one we're in steerage :loudcry: although Aurea, which I like to call 1st class steerage ;)

Saving YC for the TA in Nov :D:D

Yep, it was you I had in mind, CF. I'm as interested in the steerage area (:D) enhancements as the YC - we usually spend most of our time outside the enclave, anyway.

A couple of things that are of particular interest to me are the new Speciality oriental restaurant and the MSC for Me app. I didn't find the app very useful on Meraviglia, but that was because it was in its infancy at the time and not working properly. Also, I'm supposing that the TVs in the cabins will be replaced with better ones.

I really can't think what else can be added, just the usual refurbishing of soft furnishings, carpets, etc.

I'll try and get lots of photos of the YC for you, NC. (I'm assuming it's YC you'll book if you go ahead).

I can't wait to see what they're adding to her in dry-dock. I imagine there'll be some really nice enhancements in YC - she's being deployed to China specifically because of the existence of the Yacht Club onboard.

Thank you very much Bea, very appreciated. She is in drydock in Palermo this very moment. I'm also excited to see what enhancements there will be onboard and not at least to hear about your upcoming cruise and see your photos :) I love the great interiors in the YC onboard the Fantasia and Splendida which is similiar except for the blue colour theme on the Splendida while Fantasia have a yellow colour theme.

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked my vidoes.

There is live piano music in the Yacht Club Top Sail Lounge every evening. A very nice lounge with the best views onboard. I would like to try out Azamara or maybe even Oceania someday but their pricing is well above the Yacht Club. Besides that I love the "ship within the ship" concept that MSC and also NCL offer. It might be that those lines offer more luxury and but the YC offers me a cruise experience that is great value for money. And I love the megaship feeling. And the smaller ships don't offer all the amenities that a megaship offer outside the YC enclave. But I have looked at Azamara and they offer some really good itineraries. As we mostly cruise in the summer season MSC offer for the moment only 7 nights itineraries. I prefer longer cruises. We did 14 nights B2B in the Caribbean in the YC some years ago, a great cruise.

Don't make the mistake of only comparing cabin prices with Oceania.

Remember that O includes airfare or an air credit if you DIY. For some intercontinental transit, that means $1500 +\- per person. Complimentary "O Life" perks include unlimited internet and a choice of excursions, alcohol or OBC. Using a top producing TA (who is a member of Oceania's Connoisseurs' Club) will add another 5-10% in OBC. And, on select cruises, "private TA partner sales" will save you an additional 5-15%. BTW, ask your TA about the occasionally available "new cruiser" credit.

On O, things like beverages and specialty restaurants (with what is considered "the best food at sea" - even steaks and lobster cooked "a la minute" nightly in the casual Terrace Grill) are never an extra charge. And "book onboard" adds additional discounts/OBC and a "lowest price" guarantee up to the day of sailing.

Note, as well, that many of the short "first cruise" type itineraries (7-10 days in the Caribbean) have pre-discounted cabin prices similar to the "ship within a ship" mass market offerings.

With ships carrying only 700 or 1100 passengers, there are no thundering herds of humanity. There are also no chair hogs, photogs, art shows, or nickel-diming and smoking is EXTREMELY restricted. Live music includes a versatile band, pianists and the ever present string quartet. Live shows use the same agency as NCL and many of the lecturers are college professors or similar experts.

Bottom line is a "net daily rate" for all anticipated costs on a cruise line that easily meets the needs and preferences of a truly cosmopolitan passenger population, most having worked very hard for their money.