Dubai MSC

Scrumble

Will you be having any time pre/post cruise in Dubai? Would be worth considering if possible.

Would recommend the Burj Kalifa (book on line in advance to secure a slot and avoid queues and it is cheaper on line too!). The Dancing Fountains are awesome and it is worth visiting the Aquarium and Ski Resort. A cruise around Dubai Creek is interesting. It is possible to spend a day at The Atlantis on the Palm where you can also swim with the dolphins. The shopping malls are huge but some of the shops are very expensive. Worth a trip to the Gold Souk (where haggling is fun and expected) and the spice souk is also worth a visit. Miracle Gardens are breathtaking and Global Village is good. There is a mosque in Dubai but personally I prefer the one in Abu Dhabi - spectacular and a must see if visiting there.

Getting around Dubai is very easy. The HOHO bus can get held up in the busy traffic but taxis are very reasonable and there is an excellent Metro system. I am lucky to have son and his family living in Dubai so it is a favourite holiday destination for me. I find it very safe there and have often ventured out on my own.

I have done the cruise from Dubai four times in total (twice with son and family, who loved it). If it would help you to get some ideas then have a look at the reviews I have written. These can be found at:

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=217006 (Feb 2013 on RCI Serenade of the Seas)

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=253499 (March 2014 on MSC LIrica)

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=273028 (Feb 2015 MSC Orchestra)

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=562076 (Dec 2016 MSC Fantasia)

The weather at that time of year will be good but they do sometimes have severe sand storms - hope you will not experience this though. I am sure you will enjoy the Emirates and good luck with your plans.

Regards

Suzanne (Bristol,UK)

• 3 weeks later...
Will you be having any time pre/post cruise in Dubai? Would be worth considering if possible.

Would recommend the Burj Kalifa (book on line in advance to secure a slot and avoid queues and it is cheaper on line too!). The Dancing Fountains are awesome and it is worth visiting the Aquarium and Ski Resort. A cruise around Dubai Creek is interesting. It is possible to spend a day at The Atlantis on the Palm where you can also swim with the dolphins. The shopping malls are huge but some of the shops are very expensive. Worth a trip to the Gold Souk (where haggling is fun and expected) and the spice souk is also worth a visit. Miracle Gardens are breathtaking and Global Village is good. There is a mosque in Dubai but personally I prefer the one in Abu Dhabi - spectacular and a must see if visiting there.

Getting around Dubai is very easy. The HOHO bus can get held up in the busy traffic but taxis are very reasonable and there is an excellent Metro system. I am lucky to have son and his family living in Dubai so it is a favourite holiday destination for me. I find it very safe there and have often ventured out on my own.

I have done the cruise from Dubai four times in total (twice with son and family, who loved it). If it would help you to get some ideas then have a look at the reviews I have written. These can be found at:

www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=217006 (Feb 2013 on RCI Serenade of the Seas)

www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=253499 (March 2014 on MSC LIrica)

www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=273028 (Feb 2015 MSC Orchestra)

www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=562076 (Dec 2016 MSC Fantasia)

The weather at that time of year will be good but they do sometimes have severe sand storms - hope you will not experience this though. I am sure you will enjoy the Emirates and good luck with your plans.

Regards

Suzanne (Bristol,UK)

We are booked on Splendida for March and then having a few days in Dubai and had planned to visit the attractions using the HOHO tours. We've always found them great in other cities. Is the traffic really bad? Can you just hail a taxi, I assume these can take different routes to avoid the traffic? Thanks for all of the great tips on places to visit.