Art auctions?

Slyfox16

I bought quite a few prints and mixed media pieces (had most of them framed myself) that I liked. I didn't buy them bc I thought them to be fantastic works by masters, but they were a fair price and something I wanted for our walls. Most items were $200 or less, and they are things the husband and I enjoy looking at. Go and browse and if you like something and can afford it, go for it. Their customer service was helpful too. One of my prints came bent and they replaced it.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Between my mother and I we bought 10 Thomas Kinkades. and then I bought one Peter Maxx and an original palm tree painting done by a married couple. Can't remember their names right off hand.

I would say half of the kinkaids were framed by them. Those were received pretty quickly. I brought the original off the ship. The Maxx took a little longer to receive. But....I forgive them since they are having an Auction in Branson and Peter Maxx is going to be there. ParkWest invited me for the weekend and I plan on having a good time there.

Who runs the art auctions on the NCL ships and what kind of experience has anyone had with their purchases?

Read this thread. Be very aware of what you are buying. Most of the prints they sell are reproductions. If you here the word "Giclée" run ;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1820032

A few others to check out......

.http://www.dba-oracle.com/t_cruise_a...scam_fraud.htm

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...#axzz2PLnZt9tt

Edited by Laszlo

Park West runs the art auctions. A few years ago they included the framing & I made out very well. I got a walk-off original painting by some unknown artist for $50 - the frame had a scratch so they reframed it & shipped it for free. No more free framing though. I like to go for free champagne and see what interesting things they have.

Google Park West, then read for a couple of hours. After you digest that, run!!!

READ THE ABOVE!

Its taking advantage of folks stupidity, who are made to think they are getting a deal. They have to entice you with liquor, get you sauced, so you make a poor decision; but they are in business to make money. :eek:

READ THE ABOVE!

Its taking advantage of folks stupidity, who are made to think they are getting a deal. They have to entice you with liquor, get you sauced, so you make a poor decision; but they are in business to make money. :eek:

Where's the LIKE BUTTON!!!!