Advice on Costa Deliziosa suite perks and club dining?

Farrah5

Hello! I am deciding whether or not to book a panorama suite on the Costa Deliziosa. I have read so many terrible reviews of Costa in general and I am concerned that even with suite perks, the food and service might not be up to par. We have sailed many times and taken a Costa cruise in the past, but many people say the quality has gone down. Has anyone sailed on the Deliziosa and dined in the Club Restaurant? One person in our party is gluten free, so that is a concern as well. Also, our cabin would be located on the back of the ship and we have read it may be very noisy in that area - has anyone experienced this? We would appreciate any feedback! Thanks!

Suite & Perla Diamante clients enjoy the club Restaurants which are indeed a little better than the M.D.R.'s the added bonus is a free top grade drinks package, instant boarding, lots of extras on 8 days or more.

Food in these dinning rooms does appear to be much better as it is cooked to order, slightly different choices given for each day, although they are very pleased to provide choices that are not even on the menu with a little advanced warning. All type of diet can be catered for again with advance notice.

The suites aft are not noisy but you do get some engine noise when sailing at full speed. The suites mid-ships are slightly smaller than the grand suites but with same privilege's, all have a jucczi bath dressing room and extra space.

The perks are worth roughly 75 to 100 euros a day so easy to work it out.

We have up-graded on a lots of our cruises since new club rules, and would say worth every cent.

If you do book make sure the Intendore package is included.

Hi

As Tenpin said, the drinks package that is included in the suite price is better than the other packages. That will otherwise cost you about 56 euros per person a day(not sure exactly but there abouts). It is also nice to have the minibar included and they top up what you used daily.

We like eating in the club restaurant but because it is usually more quiet and not such a rush. The food is the same as the MDR as far as I am aware but I think the "ant time" is different. The last few times we were in the club they had large grilled prawns(not too bad actually) and fillet steak with Bearnaise and chips. It was done to your request and they managed to get it rare for hubby. Lunch times the have a small buffet of starters and puddings extra. Breakfast is similar to MDR with some buffet stuff ad the cooked options. We have never had a scrum in there. Other passengers can eat in the club at quite a price. Unfortunately I can't remember how much. Evenings were something like 30 euro.

The wine on the included package is a lot better than the Piu gusto. You have more choice and can have it by the glass. If I remember correctly it will be up to 8 euro a glass.

If you get a good deal on a suite I would go for it. We've only been because of upgrades. We have Club access due to our excessive cruising with Costa:D.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Alicat

As said & not sure about all the ships, but the two extra choices were Steak and Prawns, and Lobster on the Magica which has been dropped on our last three cruises.

Service on all Costa ships has always been top notch and we have had no complaints about any member, but I do know that some people will moan about anything as they seem set on running Costa down at any opportunity.

You can also if you wish have breakfast & lunch in club restaurant & join other English speakers in MDR if you would like company in the evenings.

Entrance to the club is by room card which states your club level or cabin (suite) you can also purchase meals in club if friends wish to join you who are not entitled at 30 euros each or a weekly package.

Just one point read the wine menu with the Intenditore package you can have any glass up to 9 Euros and the mini bar stocked to your choice of drinks & snacks. In suites you can have meals in your cabin if required, (not very warm though)

• 2 months later...

Yes all type of Suite are included with Club restaurant and drinks package, your own Butler and personal agent for booking tours and OB facilities. The mid-ship Suites are certainly nice and roomy roughly three balcony cabins turned into two Suites. The 'Instant Boarding' has now turned into Preferential however this is still very quick, see Suite desk when booking in at terminal.

Just off the Magica, new thing in now for Club Restaurant is you can also share a table with others is you wish, (state table number/size when doing web sign in), Steak prawns & Lobster seem to be the three main extra dishes, most type of potatoes are on offer with these meals.

Yes all type of Suite are included with Club restaurant and drinks package, your own Butler and personal agent for booking tours and OB facilities. The mid-ship Suites are certainly nice and roomy roughly three balcony cabins turned into two Suites. The 'Instant Boarding' has now turned into Preferential however this is still very quick, see Suite desk when booking in at terminal.

Just off the Magica, new thing in now for Club Restaurant is you can also share a table with others is you wish, (state table number/size when doing web sign in), Steak prawns & Lobster seem to be the three main extra dishes, most type of potatoes are on offer with these meals.

Just so, I understand, your saying that Junior Suites qualify for the above stated VIP perks?

Yes all types of Suite are included in these perks.

Inform the Maître D about Gluten Free passenger ASAP (MDR deck 4 Aft around 4.15 sailing day), if in doubt ask your Butler to tell them before first Dinner.

You mat also inform them before cruise, but not always getting through to ship.

All Suite types have the Perk or Luxuries EXCEPT MINI Suites.

Mini suites do not have the suite luxuries... They are larger than a premium Balcony and have an extra chair in cabin and a nicer head with glass shower stall instead of a curtain..

Right now, some of the On-line travel agencies have better deals than Costa Cruise. I just completed a new reservation with one and Costa was Just fine with me doing so! Transferred my deposit to the new reservation! After all, I am still sailing Costa and they can re-rent my aft PB for more than what I had reserved it for back in April!

We went from Aft PB to Aft MS for $500 Less!!!! ($250 pp) I am very happy!

• 1 month later...

Well to be honest you should not compare American cooking to Italian cooking they are entirely different, as Costa is an Italian line do expect different food, most is excellent if some what different.

The club dinning rooms are nice and the food hot, the latest rules state Suite guests get preference over Perla Diamante and upgraded guests if club restaurant if full, the overflow being seat in a part of M.D.R with same extra choices as in club.

If you go onto the Costa site and into mycosta you can see the extra choices given (mainly Lobster, Prawns and Steak)

You may be seated with other guests in both dinning rooms now as more & more people are getting upgrades or reach the highest rank, suite guests can ask for tables of two if required.

Of the club restruarant's we have eaten in only one failed to empress us & that ship is longer with Costa.

If I had to choose between Princess & Costa, yes Princess would win each time now, as Costa has fallen slightly behind most cruise lines in food selection since the Concordia, but I think they are trying to rectify that and getting back to the glory days of Italian cooking.

• 2 months later...
Has Costa out of Florida improved at all for 2018?
Hi! We just returned from a 10 day Costa Deliziosa out of Ft Lauderdale. It was our first time on Costa so couldn't say if it's improved or not but would be happy to answer any questions. Overall, service was lacking but we still had a great cruise!