Msc Seaside Babycare

Mycykfamilytime

Hey there! I was looking at the new MSC Seaside and saw they offer baby care for kids 1-3. I was excited about this until I saw the hours... 1-2 and 6-7... Is that for real? 2, 1 hour chunks? Seems like it's not worth even offering it! Am I misinterpreting something?

RCI Vision of the Seas, Turkey 2011

Carnival Holiday, Mexico 2009

Carnival Fantasy, Mexico 2007

• 3 weeks later...

Assuming you mean "drop off" care, if it is like their other ships - then you are not misinterpreting it. It seems more like respite care. They have longer hours for activities/sessions where a caregiver is required to stay.

On a plus side, they are now offering some type of special laundry service for babies.

For anyone else following: So, being a woman on a mission, I tracked down a 2015 interview from the head of youth services at MSC and through that found him on Facebook and private messaged him. He actually said that the Seaside would have baby drop off and baby play time hours from 9am-1 and 3-10pm. He said if it was high season and there were lots of babies they would split those hours 50/50 between drop off and play time and he said it would all be free of charge. That being said, it would make me feel a lot better if this was all in print somewhere other than my person Facebook messenger. I wish it was in their website somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi,

If you have his contact information, could you please tell him it might affect bookings if they publish information about drop off programs on their website. We limited our last vacation to cruises on Cunard, and chose one of their Norwegian cruises, because they would take 2 year olds in their kids club. If I have another baby, I would limit my choices to ships that have good nursery hours until all my kids are 3. MSC wouldn't be in consideration unless I could see on their website that they offer baby care for a significant number of hours. I don't care if I need to pay for it, but I just want the option.