Mr. Sanchos - excursions offered via Vendors

Melrosgirl

I've been to Mr Sanchos before (love it) and will be there again in a few weeks. :) Wondering about the excursions they have there (sold separately by separate vendors). Has anyone been on snorkeling excursion from there? I'd like to try it but am also a little uncomfortable about it since it's a separate vendor. (They come around and nicely ask if anyone wants to purchase. Then you take a boat and go snorkeling.) Wondering how long the excursion is, how far you go and if anyone here has done this before (from Mr. Sanchos's vendors).

Thanks!

We were at Mr Sanchos in February off an Oasis of the Seas cruise. We booked online for entrance for four, but didn’t book any excursions. After seated at one of the umbrella tables near the beach a guy came around w a snorkeling trip. I think it was $120 for three. Paid cash and got a receipt. Boat was docked at the end past the massage area, with all the water sports equipment. Wife and two kids 13 & 15 went and loved it. Boat took about 10 of them to two spots. Divers swam w a ring and they held onto the ring and were being pulled. Kids are good swimmers, but mother didn’t feel comfortable leaving them. Diver was patient, helpful. A couple of times he dove down and brought up something for them to see. They really liked the excursion and my wife said two divers and one boat driver were all great. Offered them drinks and kept them at ease. They were gone about 1.5 hrs and stayed close to shore.

I stayed at the table, drank half dozen cervezas and had no pain. They returned, had some great stories and a bit more food. When we return to Cozumel, we will definitely stop again here.