La Casa en La Playa - A Select Retreat

Reese1203

So, I'm researching Cozumel excursions for our cruise on The Imagination this December. The "La Casa en La Playa - A Select Retreat" caught my eye. It sounds great, but there are no reviews or pictures. Does anyone know anything about this place? Thanks!

We are headed to Cozumel in less than 2 weeks and just saw this excursion pop up. I did some research and found that the tour company that offers this excursion is called Tripping Cool Group and they have a fb page with pictures of this place. I asked a lot of questions of the operator and found out that the excursion is limited to 24 people a day, includes open bar, waitstaff, kayaking, snorkeling, a personal chef, etc.:)

• 1 month later...
Carnival cancelled this excursion on the morning of it due to lack of participation. :-(

Not very good for a new tour they are trying to promote. May be the owners will think twice about Carnival exclusivity.

• 2 weeks later...
We are headed to Cozumel in less than 2 weeks and just saw this excursion pop up. I did some research and found that the tour company that offers this excursion is called Tripping Cool Group and they have a fb page with pictures of this place. I asked a lot of questions of the operator and found out that the excursion is limited to 24 people a day, includes open bar, waitstaff, kayaking, snorkeling, a personal chef, etc.:)

Thank you so much for posting this info! We are a small group of five and they only had 4 tickets left for our Freedom cruise but we grabbed them just in case. I immediatley contacted John H to see if there was any chance of getting another one. Then after seeing your post, contacted the vendor directly. I’ve already heard back from both Carnival (John) and the vendor and it looks like they might be able to work this out.

My group of 4 went on this excursion on Sept 5.......OMGosh!!!!! You want to feel like you are on a real vacation - be waited on hand and food - best authentic Mexican food - the BEST adult beverages ever - then go!!! There will be NO regrets!!!! Only bad thing about this one.....it doesn't last long enough!

• 1 month later...

I've booked it too, got the last slot, will be there Dec 9th, can't wait! Mine was $119. Have been to Nachi several times, last time noticed the menu was reduced and the food wasn't quite as good. By the time I pay $55 for Nachi and around $30 for round trip taxi, this was only $35 more, it sounds like it'll be worth the splurge. Hope so!!

Edited by 3dogsrule

• 4 weeks later...

We're booked on this excursion on an upcoming Victory cruise. There are over 70 reviews of it on the Carnival web site - check them out. It has a five star rating and almost everyone gives a rave review of their experience with this excursion. The service, food, drinks, beach and snorkeling all get high marks.

We're booked on this excursion on an upcoming Victory cruise. There are over 70 reviews of it on the Carnival web site - check them out. It has a five star rating and almost everyone gives a rave review of their experience with this excursion. The service, food, drinks, beach and snorkeling all get high marks.

When is your cruise? Would love to hear your review before I set sail in may