BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:48 AM.
5,183 Posts
Joined May 2006
Just a quick visit to wish Loraine a Happy Birthday for tomorrow....................HOW OLD????? Lol - I don't actually believe you're that old, I think it's a wind up. Are you doing anything special?

Great catch-up Jasmine, I'll be back later in the week.

Gill xx
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
BOOKED
Sapphire Princess - May 2018
Navigator of the Seas - July 2018
Arcadia - NY & Canada - September 2018
Queen Mary II - April 2019
Independence of the Seas - May 2019
Independence of the Seas - September 2019
Previous Cruises
Ventura - December 2017
Navigator of the Seas October 2017
MSC Preziosa - September 2017
NCL Jade - September 2017
Ventura - April 2017 - Greek Islands
Oceana - December 2016 Med and Casablanca
Independence of the Seas August 2016 - Spain and Portugal
VenturaJuly 2016 Greek Islands
Ovation of the Seas April 2016 - France and Spain
Oceana - December 2015 - Med and Casablanca Arcadia - August 2015 - Turkey and Greece
Explorer of the Seas - Western Med - July 2015, Britannia Western Med April 2015Queen Mary II - Transatlantic - November 2014 Independence of the Seas - Transatlantic & Caribbean November 2014 Independence of the Seas - Canaries - October 2014 Celebrity Eclipse - August 2014 Independence of the Seas Spanish Beaches - September 2013[Azura - July 2013 Eastern Med [/color]Independence of the Seas - May 2013 NorwayArcadia 2012 - Eastern Med Independence of the Seas August 2012-Italian Med Jewel of the Seas July 2012-Baltic and St Petersburg Independence of the Seas April 2012 Queen Elizabeth October 2011 - Egypt Independence of the Seas August 2011-It Med Crown Princess June 2011 - Britain and Iceland Independence of the Seas March 2011 - Canaries Queen Victoria December 2010 Azura July 2010 - Central Med Independence of the Seas August 2008 Legend of the Seas August 2006 Ocean Village August 2005
Newtownabbey, Northern Ireland
5,776 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Loraine and enjoy your weekend away. Don't forget my pics

Carol xx
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
June 2001. Splendour of the Seas. Med
June 2003. Splendour of the Seas. Med
March 2004. P&O Oceana. Caribbean
June 2004. Celebrity Galaxy. Med
June 2007. Brilliance of the Seas. Med
April 2008. Navigator of the Seas. Med
May 2009. Navigator of the Seas. Med. Back 2 Back
May 2010. Adventure of the Seas
March 2011. Independence of the Seas
Oct 2011. Norwegian Epic
April 2012. Independence of the Seas
Oct 2012. Adventure of the Seas
May 2013. Independence of the Seas
Sept 2013. Independence of the Seas
Oct 2014 Independence of the Seas
April 2015 Britannia

1,565 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
Oh yes I really am "that old" 😞 lol

Thanks girls 💖💖

Loraine xx
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

October/November 2017 - NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - Canaries
October 2017 - NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - France & Spain b2b
October 2016 - CELEBRITY ECLIPSE - Canaries & o/n in Lisbon
April 2016 - OVATION OF THE SEAS - France & Spain
September 2015 - CELEBRITY ECLIPSE - Azores & Canaries
May 2015 - BRITANNIA - Norway
September 2014 - AZURA - Med
September 2014 - AZURA - Bruges B2B

September 2013 - INDEPENDENCE OF THE SEAS - Med Treasures
May 2013 - INDEPENDENCE OF THE SEAS - Norwegian Fjords
March 2012 - INDEPENDENCE OF THE SEAS - Canaries & Lisbon
October 2010 - INDEPENDENCE OF THE SEAS - Canaries
1,565 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
🎉🎂 HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROL 💐🎉 Have a great day.

What's everyone up to? I had a lovely Birthday weekend in Malvern, and the weather was lovely, a bit cool, but very sunny. Roll on to the following weekend and we were snowed in and freezing! Ah the British weather....and we're in for another cold snap this weekend!

Perfect weather though for browsing cruises and reading reviews. Have you booked any more Gill and Carol? Wonder what Indy is like, don't like the sound of the new features they've added.

Jasmine I hope you take supplements lol as you have a very busy schedule of trips in the bag already! Enjoy each and every one. Hope your nan is feeling better.

I've seen a couple of good films at the cinema recently, The Commuter (Liam Neeson) had me on the edge of my seat at times, and Finding your feet was very emotional and had several great actors. If you haven't seen them, give them a go.

See you soon.

Loraine xx
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

5,776 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Thank you Loraine

Thank you girls for all the birthday cards and messages, they really help to make my day. As it was our wedding anniversary as well Billy wanted to book us a night or two away but as it was so cold I couldn't face it and said I would rather stay home warm and cosy. We did venture out for a nice lunch and came home and watched a film on the tv.

Loraine any luck with this years cruise? We have two this year, Britannia and Navigator and we have booked Indy for next year. I don't know how I will feel with the changes made to Indy as we loved it as it was but I suppose we have got to move with the times. Gill has exciting cruise news to tell

Last night we watched the new Murder on the Orient Express. I have always liked that film and as the remake is full of big name stars I couldn't wait to see it but it was long and boring. We both fell asleep lol I reminded Billy how it ended and we turned it off. I will watch out for those two films Loraine, I generally like any film with Liam Neeson and Finding Your Feet sounds really good.

I cant finish without mentioning the weather It is awful and I cant remember a winter where its been so cold for so long. Even when its not raining or snowing the wind chill is horrendous. You were lucky to get decent weather for your wee break Loraine, hope it all improves before you set off for yours Gill. Easter can be a bit mixed but hopefully this year will be dry and sunny. Will you be in Wales Loraine? We will be in Costa del home Ian is in Sydney at the minute and is moving to Melbourne on Wednesday to go to the Australian F1 next weekend. He is really excited about that.

Take care and keep warm

Carol xx
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Oct 2011. Norwegian Epic
April 2015 Britannia

1,271 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
I don’t know how I miss your birthday and anniversary most years Carol, as you share a birthday with Simon there really is no excuse.I don’t blame you for wanting to stay in the warm and not head off anyway. It is soooo blooming cold, it’s just getting silly, we must be due for a change soon.
We actually got stuck going away for the weekend for Simons birthday. We knew there was snow forecast on the Saturday night but there was a lot and all the roads back home were closed. We booked in a lovely spa hotel called Lion Quays and extended our trip by an extra night, so wasn’t all bad.
Next weekend we are staying at the St George’s Hotel in Llandudno until the Tuesday, really hoping to see a little sunshine. Actually based on Simons birthday weekend just a few days without giant hailstones or snow would be good.
We have finally got back on the cruise bandwagon and have booked a cruise for September 2019-yipppeeee!!! Going on Celebrity Silhouette to Azores, Madeira, Tenerife and Lisbon. Loraine, I think you have done this but the longer itinerary? Anyone else done this one or been on the Silhouette, If not, you had best join us?
Right, bedtime here. Hope you are all well!
Jasmine x
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SAILING:
Sept 2019 Azores, Canary Islands and Lisbon Celebrity Silhouette

SAILED:
April 2007 Sydney to L.A. Sapphire Princess
Sept 2009 Norwegian Fjords P&O Oceana
May 2010 Baltics Celebrity Eclipse
April 2012 Canaries RCI Independence of the Seas
Dec 2013 Bruges Christmas Markets P&O Aurora
Aug 2015 Mediterranean P&O Britannia
April 2016 Netherlands Mini Cruise Pre Inaugural RCI Ovation of the Seas
July 2016 Iberia Coast P&O Britannia
5,183 Posts
Joined May 2006
Happy Easter Girls , I hope you're all having a good weekend and haven't made yourselves ill with all the easter eggs (that comment excludes Carol because she's far too sensible to do that).

Sadly your wish for me to have better weather for our Eastbourne break didn't work Carol lol. It stopped raining on Thursday night so Pete and I went for a walk along the promenade - 15 minutes later the heavens opened, rain followed by huge (spiteful) hailstones, another 15 minutes and we were back at our hotel literally dripping . We did have a good couple of days but practically all of it was spent indoors lol. We stayed at The View hotel and it was wonderful. We'd booked an Executive room with a balcony and a sea view but when we arrived they asked if we wanted to upgrade to an Executive Suite for an extra £30 per night, obviously we did. Everything about the room (suite) was lovely as was the rest of the hotel so if you're ever in Eastbourne that's the place to stay. We spent loads of time with Tracey and Andrew as well as seeing Lauren, Charlotte and the boys. We had dinner with Pauline and Mal on Friday night so we did fit a lot in.

We'll miss you in Southampton by about a week next September (2019), Jasmine, our Indy cruise goes on the 2nd and I think we get back on the 14th or 15th. Are you coming with us Loraine???? Or maybe you'll be on Silhouette and finally meet up with Jasmine and Simon.

I can't believe that we're not actually cruising with you and Billy this year, Carol, , the first year since we met on Indy!!! Hopefully we'll manage to meet up (briefly) in Southampton when you get off Britannia and we get off Navigator lol. Talk about ships that pass in the night!

Have you got a cruise booked this year Loraine? Surely after all this bad weather and the winter going on for so long we must be due for a good summer, so even if you're not cruising you should have some good weather for lots of trips to Wales. How's your dad getting on now?

We've booked our dream cruise - and the longest one yet - Arcadia in September (this year) to New York and Canada, 30 nights! I'm really excited about it as I've always wanted to see Canada and it will be nice to go back to New York.

Take care of yourselves and try to stay warm

Gill xx
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
BOOKED
Sapphire Princess - May 2018
Navigator of the Seas - July 2018
Arcadia - NY & Canada - September 2018
Queen Mary II - April 2019
Independence of the Seas - May 2019
Independence of the Seas - September 2019
Previous Cruises
Ventura - December 2017
Navigator of the Seas October 2017
MSC Preziosa - September 2017
NCL Jade - September 2017
Ventura - April 2017 - Greek Islands
Oceana - December 2016 Med and Casablanca
Independence of the Seas August 2016 - Spain and Portugal
VenturaJuly 2016 Greek Islands
Ovation of the Seas April 2016 - France and Spain
Oceana - December 2015 - Med and Casablanca Arcadia - August 2015 - Turkey and Greece
Explorer of the Seas - Western Med - July 2015, Britannia Western Med April 2015Queen Mary II - Transatlantic - November 2014 Independence of the Seas - Transatlantic & Caribbean November 2014 Independence of the Seas - Canaries - October 2014 Celebrity Eclipse - August 2014 Independence of the Seas Spanish Beaches - September 2013[Azura - July 2013 Eastern Med [/color]Independence of the Seas - May 2013 NorwayArcadia 2012 - Eastern Med Independence of the Seas August 2012-Italian Med Jewel of the Seas July 2012-Baltic and St Petersburg Independence of the Seas April 2012 Queen Elizabeth October 2011 - Egypt Independence of the Seas August 2011-It Med Crown Princess June 2011 - Britain and Iceland Independence of the Seas March 2011 - Canaries Queen Victoria December 2010 Azura July 2010 - Central Med Independence of the Seas August 2008 Legend of the Seas August 2006 Ocean Village August 2005
1,271 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
Lovely to see your name pop up Sam. All good here thanks. Are you well? I see from Facebook you are still cruising. Where are you off to next? You must be getting that garden ready for veggies? It’s been nice to have a glimpse of nice weather hasn’t it?

Gill I had a look at your Eastbourne hotel, it looked lovely! Could you tell your Indy cruise in September 2019 to come back a scenic route to delay your arrival into Southampton by a week? I have just seen your signature and allll those Cruises to look forward to, how fab! The Arcadia cruise sounds amazing, I would love to do that, but would never get Simon to cruise for that long, he’s turned into a right home bird. Our first cruise was 32 nights on Sapphire Princess and we loved it but I know he wouldn’t do another long one. I see you are going on Sapphire next month. We have a soft spot for her with her being the first shop we went on. I will never forget walking down to the Sydney Opera house and seeing such a massive ship docked there. We had never seen a cruise ship before and it...tbc
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SAILING:

SAILED:
1,271 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
(Cont.....it said I had reached maximum characters??)

took our breath away.
That was 9 years ago and she is probably relatively moderately sized in comparison with some of the giant ships about now.
Looking forward to all your reviews as it’s going to be a long wait til our September 2019 cruise. It’s even too early to book a pre stay hotel. We want to book into the new Southampton Harnour Hotel as a treat, as we have stayed in the sister hotel in Guildford. It’s built to look like a cruise ship from the outside, but only taking bookings up to August.
Have you all been enjoying the sunshine?
Last weekend I was in Bath with the girls from work, we were sat in the rooftop spa pool with not a cloud in the sky, it was heaven. Lit the pizza oven yesterday which was yum too, have to make the most of the sun while it lasts.
Will post some Llandudno photos when on my phone, again we had beautiful blue sky, and took the cable car up the Great Orme, it was lovely.
Usually we attract bad weather, I’m hoping this year our luck has changed!
Hope everyone one is ok?
Jasmine x
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SAILING:

SAILED:
2,111 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
hi everyone thanks jasmine. ive got 2 cruises booked both on Britannia the first is in september im going to the canaries and the other one im doing my first transatlantic flying to barbados boarding the ship and sailing back to southampton so looking forward to it and ive never been on Britannia before. Yep starting to get my veggies ready ive finally got my first ever glass greenhouse and i love it ive got lettuces, tomatoes, spinach, cucumbers and lots of others growing. Hows your garden going. speak to you soon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Independence of the seas April 22nd 2012
Independence of the seas Sept 21st 2013
Celebrity Equinox May 8th 2014
Aurora May 7th 2015
Azura Aug 15th 2015
Ventura Feb 15th 2016
Azura July 3rd 2016
Magellan Dec 11th 2016
Navigator of the seas May 12th 2017
Azura June 30th 2017
Britannia Sept 30th 2018
Britannia March 16th 2019
5,776 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Hi Girls

Hope you are all well. I'm sure you all enjoyed the hot spell of weather which unfortunately didn't quite reach us All we had was a couple of dry sunny days but today is wet and wild like autumn had arrived.

I have just realised that I haven't updated my thingybob at the bottom for a very long time, what do you call that bit where you put in past cruises etc? Not much happening here these days apart from various hospital appointments, very exciting 1 week and 4 days we are off to Puerto Pollensa for 11 nights and the weather better be good or I will have a major sulk. We are staying in the Miramar hotel, our favourite hotel in the world lol We have booked a seaview room so be prepared to be bombarded with lots of sunrise pictures on Facebook. I will Whatsapp you some Loraine. Our friends are coming with us and they haven't been on this type of holiday before so fingers crossed they like it.

Bon Voyage for tomorrow Gill, hope you enjoy Sapphire Princess. We have never been on Princess Cruises so post lots of pictures

Carol xx
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Oct 2011. Norwegian Epic
April 2015 Britannia

5,776 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Hello is anybody there lol

Gosh we are all very quiet. Batten down the hatches as storm Hector is coming your way, it hit us last night and our garden is a mess. It's still blowing a gale and I have to go out, hope me and my wee car won't get blown away.

Take care and I hope you're all well

Carol xx
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Oct 2011. Norwegian Epic
April 2015 Britannia

5,776 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Hi

It's finally happened, I'm talking to myself

Hope you're all enjoying the hot weather, it's too hot for me and I never thought I would say that.

Carol xx 😎
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Oct 2011. Norwegian Epic
April 2015 Britannia

1,271 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
Ah finally after months my Tapatalk app is back working!
Is Gill cruising, or been cruising? I haven’t seen any Facebook photos .
Carol, I hope this latest bout of hot weather has got to you?
Your holiday looked lovely as, it really does look a super place.
Have had 2 days back in work after getting back from France and then head to Sennen in Cornwall next week. Hoping the good weather lasts!
I feel a little bad as Simon is staying home with the dogs while I go to Cornwall with my sister and Aunt, he did get invited but didn’t really want to put the dogs back in kennels again so soon.
Right best get some jobs and washing done and get bags re-packed!
J x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SAILING:

SAILED:
1,565 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
Originally posted by CarolS19
Hi

It's finally happened, I'm talking to myself

Hope you're all enjoying the hot weather, it's too hot for me and I never thought I would say that.

Carol xx 😎

Oh dear Carol talking to yourself is not good for you!
I have loved the copious amount of sunshine we've had lately, but oh the heat is just too much for me too. The last two days it has cooled a couple of degrees and wow there have been a few fluffy bits in the oh so blue sky lol (I am in Wales this week, but it's still very warm back home)

Sorry I haven't been here for a while, life just gets in the way!
Glad Sam is still cruising. Jasmine you are here there and everywhere which is great but how on earth do you fit it all in? Don't know how I ever had time to work, couldn't do it now!

Tried catching up on who's cruising when and where but have given up! I know Gill didn't like the Princess cruise (guess she hasn't had time to give us a review) and I think she is off again now on rci. Think Carol may be off again soon. Your recent pics looked fab Carol, did your friends enjoy the holiday?

Gill asked a while back if we had a cruise booked. We are off in September round the med on NOS, can't wait.

Hope everyone is okay. I hear it's hotting up again in the next few days! I'm enjoying chilling out this week, doing very little and indulging in the monotonous Love Island lol and it's hard to avoid the football isn't it?

Loraine xx
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

1,565 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
Just an observation....
Remember back in the day when we could get through 5 or 6 pages of chat in A DAY lol
This page has been going 5 or 6 MONTHS! Lol

Oh dear 😞
Loraine xx
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature