Things to do with 15 month old in NASSAU, BAHAMAS?

Kholland

Hi everyone! I am a seasoned cruiser (15+ cruises) and we have taken my daughter on cruises since she was 2 years old. This will be my son's first cruise and he will be 15 months.

One of our ports is NASSAU. I've never been a huge fan of this port...so I haven't done much exploring.

Anyone have any ideas of what we can do with a 4 year old and 15 month old that would be interesting for them? I'm not impressed with the excursions offered :(

Just looking for any parents who have done this port with similar aged kids and what worked.

Thanks, in advanced! :D:D

Our daughter was 2,5 years old when we were in Nassau.

We took her to the Aquarium at Atlantis via taxi.

She loved the fishes, rays and sharks...

I was thinking about this. Can we buy tickets through Atlantis? The cruise is not offering this as an excursion, unfortunately.

My first choice is Ardastra Gardens and Zoo. Very family friendly for all ages.

This - possibly followed by the fort for space to run. Depending on port times, you could be back on the ship in time for lunch and naps.

Another alternative would be say a day pass at the Hilton where the kids could just play on the beach and in the pool.

This - possibly followed by the fort for space to run. Depending on port times, you could be back on the ship in time for lunch and naps.

Another alternative would be say a day pass at the Hilton where the kids could just play on the beach and in the pool.

We did the day pass at the Hilton last time we were in Nassau with our then 5 year old son. It was a great day! It was about a 1 mile walk each way. The sidewalk is a bit crowded and hectic on the way bag with all the people trying to get you buy something, but as soon as we could we crossed the street across from the shops and it was fine.

The Hilton was great. The water is very calm and we brought an inflatable tube with us for our son. He had a great time playing in the water and the pool. Food was so so, but included in the day pass. We'd consider it again if stopping in Nassau.

We took my son who was 5 at the time down to the pirates museum. Short walk from the ship.

I've never heard of the Pirates Museum. Was it worth the walk/money? I'm assuming you buy the tickets at the museum and not on the ship as an excursion?

We did the day pass at the Hilton last time we were in Nassau with our then 5 year old son. It was a great day! It was about a 1 mile walk each way. The sidewalk is a bit crowded and hectic on the way bag with all the people trying to get you buy something, but as soon as we could we crossed the street across from the shops and it was fine.

The Hilton was great. The water is very calm and we brought an inflatable tube with us for our son. He had a great time playing in the water and the pool. Food was so so, but included in the day pass. We'd consider it again if stopping in Nassau.

Where did you purchase the day pass? Not on the ship through an excursion, correct?

We did a day pass at the Hilton with our 4 and 6 year old this past March. We bought the passes through Resort for a Day. It was an easy walk to the hotel (I won't put my kids in a taxi without proper child restraints, so I wanted to avoid the taxi). The hotel has a beach with a small roped off swimming area and a swimming pool. A food credit is included in the passes. We had lunch, some non-alcoholic drimks and I had a daiquiri, and we did not spend the whole credit from 2 adult passes and one child pass (the 4 year old was free to enter). Waitresses will take orders and deliver right to your lounge chair. There was a deck box full of sand toys. We brought our own puddle jumpers, so I'm not sure what they had available for life jackets.

Your family would probably enjoy going to the Blue Lagoon. :)

Shallow gentle water and lots of space for the children to run around.

Thanks for the suggestion. Is this some where we can walk to, or is it a cruiseline excursion?

We honestly just go to Junkanoo beach every time. My husband and I get a bucket of beer and my (now) 3 year old plays in the sand (we bring buckets and whatnot) and splashes in the shallow water. If he is willing to nap, we find a dive bar with wifi up in the alleyway areas and take a break. We have done the gardens and love that too (you can walk or take a bus). Waiting to go back to Atlantis until he is older and can enjoy the water park. I find the aquarium overpriced and underwhelming for the effort of getting over there.

We honestly just go to Junkanoo beach every time. My husband and I get a bucket of beer and my (now) 3 year old plays in the sand (we bring buckets and whatnot) and splashes in the shallow water. If he is willing to nap, we find a dive bar with wifi up in the alleyway areas and take a break. We have done the gardens and love that too (you can walk or take a bus). Waiting to go back to Atlantis until he is older and can enjoy the water park. I find the aquarium overpriced and underwhelming for the effort of getting over there.

Is this a public beach? Is it in walking distance?

Is this a public beach? Is it in walking distance?

It’s public and walkable. You can rent chairs and umbrellas from the local vendors on the small beach. But you don’t need to if you don’t want to.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums