Ground transport? From south beach to port Everglades

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Florida Departures

Ft. Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Miami & Port Canaveral & Tampa
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:39 PM.
Norway
765 Posts
Joined Feb 2009
Hi, and welcome to CC

We took a taxi (last October) and costed us about $75 for 4 persons and a lot of luggage. Make sure to book a large taxi
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sheri & Asbjorn

London
106 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
I have done South Beach to Ft Lauderdale by train before, and believe me, with luggage, I would never do it again. I am going from South Beach to Port Everglades for the Oasis sailing on the 9th March and am told that a taxi will cost less than $100 including tip.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Western Mass.
768 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
Go to www.supershuttle.com. They have a shared ride service. Select "To an Airport". The Ports are listed at the bottom of the Airport list. I have used them in LA and Tampa, both times excellent service. It's $35 per person from South Beach to Port Everglades, plus a $2 fuel surcharge.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Royal Caribbean: Anthem of the Seas - May 2017, Enchantment of the Seas - Oct. 2015 (Back 2 Back), Oasis of the Seas - Oct. 2014,
Freedom of the Seas - Jan. 2013, Explorer of the Seas - Mar. 2012, May 2014, Jewel of the Seas - Jan. 2012
Monarch of the Seas - Jan. 2011, Oct. 2011, Liberty of the Seas - Oct. 2010
, Navigator of the Seas - Jan. 2009,
Majesty of the Seas - Jan. 2008, Jan. 2010, Oct. 2013

Norwegian: Norwegian Sky - Oct. 2016, Jan. 2018, Norwegian Gem - Apr. 2014

Prince of Fundy Cruises: Scotia Prince - Aug. 1988, June 1996

Northern VA & DC
17,054 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
I would call the hotel to see if they can suggest a transportation provider and also check with QLS transportation (www.qualitylimoservice.com ) - a FLL based shuttle operator oftne suggested on these boards; I do not think SAS is licensed to pick up in SB.

You might also look into picking up a rental car in SB for the one-way trip to FLL and then shuttle/taxi to the port -- not sure the savings would be worth the extra hassel. Good luck!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Golf! A game invented by people who think good music comes from bagpipes.