Canada Place Cruise Ship Parking on the Pier Porters

Having traveled to other British Commonwealth Countries I would like to know what the tipping suggestions are for the Porters at Canada Place Parking. I'm asking because at Pier 91 in Seattle at Republic Parking near the Pier the small bus driver absolutely does not take tips....which is unusual for the U.S.

Have lived in Australia before and tipping was simply not usually done. So I'm wondering whether or not to tip the Porters at Canada Place? I understand if the Porters have time they come to the cruisers parked care and take the luggage that will be checked in.

We always tip shuttle drivers and porters at the pier no matter where we are. We feel it is the right thing to do. The young man (porter) in Barcelona eagerly accepted out tip even though tipping there is not necessary.

The porters at Canada Place will accept your money. :)

They'll take it alright - but there is NO cultural or other requirement to tip in-play. In fact, there is official signage stating the opposite! If you actually go and find someone to come to your car and get your bags and schlep them down to the conveyors from the parking levels, I'd tip - that's actual 'above and beyond' work. But the longshoremen running the conveyors and cages are EXTREMELY well-paid - the long service guys with seniority get first pick of shifts and they all want the cruise pier work because it's safer and easier than the cargo jobs, and plenty of people tip despite the signs.

Keep in mind, those cruise terminal that you are tipping will spend only 2 seconds to drop your luggage onto the belt.

Anyone have insight if the tip is shared with other terminal workers?

Keep in mind, those cruise terminal that you are tipping will spend only 2 seconds to drop your luggage onto the belt.

Anyone have insight if the tip is shared with other terminal workers?

As the young'uns might say, 'hellz to the na' - keeping (and not declaring) those cash tips is exactly why the guys with seniority choose to do those shifts! And the official signage saying not to tip means CRA assume that no tips are received by them so the odds of being caught not declaring the extra income are extraordinarily low. It's as close to 'free money' as it gets considering the minimal effort involved.

They'll take it alright - but there is NO cultural or other requirement to tip in-play. In fact, there is official signage stating the opposite! If you actually go and find someone to come to your car and get your bags and schlep them down to the conveyors from the parking levels, I'd tip - that's actual 'above and beyond' work. But the longshoremen running the conveyors and cages are EXTREMELY well-paid - the long service guys with seniority get first pick of shifts and they all want the cruise pier work because it's safer and easier than the cargo jobs, and plenty of people tip despite the signs.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Thanks MartinCath! I follow the Official signs.