Hawaii Tahiti Question

cabinfever60

I am thinking about the 28day Hawaii Tahiti cruise out of LA. My question is what would be the better time of the year to take is cruise Sept, Oct, or Mar. I have cruised to Hawaii once in Jan and again in Mar I know about the weather for the first two day going out and the last two coming in but what I don't know is what's it's like past Hawaii. Thank You for any info you can give me:cool:

Hawaii and Tahiti are both in the tropics, and you'll have comfortable temperatures in any of those months since it'll be Spring/Fall with the seasons switching between the southern and northern hemispheres. I think Sept would most likely be the least rainy and March the wettest of your three choices, but neither of those is the really wet season, so you should have good weather most of the time.

We were in Tahiti in their "dead of winter" and I don't think it ever got below 72F at night, with the days well into the 80s.

We have done that cruise twice. Both times were in Oct/Nov. The weather was great both times. The only days with less than ideal weather were the 2 days at the beginning and end of the cruise.

Around any of the islands you may have an occasional rain shower but it will last only a few minutes and the sunshine will return. You will love the cruise. The only part that bothers some people are the sea days between port but the ship offers plenty of activities to keep you entertained.

We have done the South Pacific cruise the last three years in October. Weather has been good every year.

We sailed with Paul last October. Absolutely wonderful cruise and wonderful weather. Enjoy your cruise. I'd be jealous but there are still sooooooooooooo very many other places we haven't been yet that a repeat will have to wait. The next time will likely be coming from Australia back through these ports.

Please note that, while Bora Bora is wonderful, you really do need to book something to do there as there isn't much in the way of a town or anything. You won't be able to just wander around and find a beach. The water is wonderful and the rays/sharks are pretty cool. (The sharks won't eat you. :))

Thrak !!! if you don't mind can I ask if you had a inside cabin or balcony on your cruise ? also what did you do in Bora Bora ?

We had an aft Caribe balcony - C705. Absolutely loved the location. We also had booked under the Sip and Sail more than a year in advance so we had the beverage package for the 28 days.

We had failed to book an excursion in Bora Bora - our Roll Call group had pretty much booked everything available way in advance so don't expect to book much at the port. We did find a last minute thing but it wasn't fancy or all inclusive like others on the roll call had.

Bora Bora is a tender port and there were a number of people selling excursions right where the tender docks. Many people booked party boats with food and drink. The boats go around the inside of the reef - the entire place has only one opening where the ships can come in so the interior is calm and wonderful. We didn't have anything booked (foolishly thought we would "just find a beach") but did end up getting a small boat that did the same trip around the inside of the reef as the party boats. We just didn't have the booze, full lunch, or a trip to a private motu. We ended up with a small boat - 6 passengers plus the captain - and had a blast. There's a spot where all the boats go and you get out in the water with the black-tip sharks and the rays. I'm 6' 1" and the water was up to my upper chest. It was warm and the bottom was sand. Very nice. Bora Bora was likely my wife's favorite port but the others were great as well. Moorea is beautiful.

Many people will recommend (and rave about) $2 beach (which is $5) on the island of Pago Pago. Our opinion is that it was a terrible beach. Rocky, broken glass, etc. No place to change if you aren't already wearing a swimsuit unless you use the extremely small toilet stall in the public toilet. Like I said, some seemed to love it but I wouldn't return to that beach unless I was paid a pretty substantial amount. Do something else in Pago Pago. Also, a major caveat: Do NOT get into a taxi on Pago Pago without first verifying the cost. Some were charging 2 or 3 times as much as others. If they quote something like "$30" verify that they aren't going to change it to "$30 EACH" once you have arrived at your destination.

We took a tour around the island in Bora Bora. We just walked off the tender and there were open air buses waiting. It was about a 2 hour tour with about 6 stops for photos plus a longer stop at Bloody Mary's (bar/restaurant). It was $20 pp.

Sounds good !!! I have a cruise booked for Hawaii with the sip&sail for march 2019 I was thinking of waiting for that promo to come around again and book the 28 day under that and cancel my 15 day in march. So I'm doing all of my homework now so I can be ready to book as soon as that cruise opens up for Oct. 2019. I never leave home without the sip&sail !!! Courvoisier Cognac for 28 days I just can't pass that up. Somebody has to get it !! WHY NOT ME ;p;p;p

We've been on cruises 3 times in that area, but in April. I believe March is still in the rainy season. Two of the cruises were good weather but the 3rd we got very rained out missing two ports entirely and in Moorea they said they hadn't seen so much rain in 50 years. April should have been less rainy, so I think it is unpredictable. We were told on that cruise that there was a cyclone in Fiji, and when Fiji gets a cyclone French Polynesia gets a lot of rain from it.

I'm Bora Bora check out Romantic Tours, great tour company. They only take out 8 on their boat. You swim with the sharks 🦈 and the rays. Also snorkeling with beautiful fish [emoji226] and a great BBQ Lunch. You can check them out on the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did this cruise in October 2014. Mostly the weather was GREAT!! There was a most of the day deluge in Bora Bora but it was fairly warm and as far as I know none of the tours/excursions were cancelled be cause of the weather. A few days at sea had a bit of light rain now and again but it was mostly lovely.

It's a fantastic trip if you love Sea Days (and we DO) and we'll be doing it again. Go and enjoy!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We just booked the Sea Princess for April 7, 2020. It does Sydney to Auckland and does the South Pacific, and Hawaii. This will definitely cover many places in our bucket list. The cruise is for 31 days. We hope and pray that they come up with the sip & sail. Last summer we did Majestic Princess to Asia for 21 days. Had the sip & sail. We keep changing our cabin since we keep finding out different things from beds that will not convert to queen to a balcony with a small area. We are hoping our last cabin choice on Baja deck will be it. Anyone able to tell me some info about the Sea Princess and the itinerary?

Any help appreciated.

I am thinking about the 28day Hawaii Tahiti cruise out of LA. My question is what would be the better time of the year to take is cruise Sept, Oct, or Mar. I have cruised to Hawaii once in Jan and again in Mar I know about the weather for the first two day going out and the last two coming in but what I don't know is what's it's like past Hawaii. Thank You for any info you can give me:cool:

We did that cruise in Oct. 2014....the only rain we had was in Bora Bora, but it didn't interfere with our enjoyment of that beautiful paradise!