CABIN 7135 or 7130 RIVIERA

maggie.1008

Having had one of these rooms and one of the 'normal' ones it is worth reflecting on the likely weather for your cruise. For a 'cold weather' cruise, such as the Baltic, you will not benefit from the large balcony but would better benefit from the extra room size of a normal room. Obviously the converse is true too. The balcony (well, terrace) is amazing.

Having had one of these rooms and one of the 'normal' ones it is worth reflecting on the likely weather for your cruise. For a 'cold weather' cruise, such as the Baltic, you will not benefit from the large balcony but would better benefit from the extra room size of a normal room. Obviously the converse is true too. The balcony (well, terrace) is amazing.

I had this room in November on a transatlantic. I didn't get as much use of balcony as I do on a Caribbean but I did use it quite a bit. The back part is often out of the wind so even on cool days, it can be used. By moving those 2 pieces of furniture, I feel I have almost the same space as the larger ones. What you can't get past is the much smaller closet. It doesn't bother me but I have friends who won't book that cabin for that reason.

Another reason I love those back 4 PH cabins is the feeling of being much closer to the water than cabins on higher decks.

• 5 years later...
On 4/19/2018 at 11:25 AM, cruisingxpert said:

You might want to consider having the coffee table and small chair removed to give you more space because these cabins are a bit narrower than the regular PH cabins

972e68d288338f8cca26cb12f919c7cc.jpg

664cd3846da5e89ea44b870d0dba3ccc.jpg3d57a72f7dd4d78a4bc10d3fd1f4744f.jpg

We just booked 7135 on Marina later this year, after the remodel. With the smaller benches at the foot of the bed, and the table closer to the balcony, it should be better? 

Just now, SATaxman said:

We just booked 7135 on Marina later this year, after the remodel. With the smaller benches at the foot of the bed, and the table closer to the balcony, it should be better? 

Unless you want the Owners Suite or Oceania Suite, they are the best cabins on the ship in my opinion.  A lot less work now to make the space feel bigger

Just now, cruisingxpert said:

Unless you want the Owners Suite or Oceania Suite, they are the best cabins on the ship in my opinion.  A lot less work now to make the space feel bigger

Thank you. We were in a Marina Oceania Suite in October, our first O cruise. Regent has a few other sizes between these.  Unfortunately, it was not available on our next itinerary. I remember you writing about these 2 suites 7130 and 7135. Was surprised that it was available. Looks like the shower is bigger (without a bath tub) and there is more room at the foot of the bed. Wish the love seat were longer. How much narrower is this compared to other PH1 suites? I read somewhere that the butler might be "scarce" since this is far away from their other suites.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

Thank you. We were in a Marina Oceania Suite in October, our first O cruise. Regent has a few other sizes between these.  Unfortunately, it was not available on our next itinerary. I remember you writing about these 2 suites 7130 and 7135. Was surprised that it was available. Looks like the shower is bigger (without a bath tub) and there is more room at the foot of the bed. Wish the love seat were longer. How much narrower is this compared to other PH1 suites? I read somewhere that the butler might be "scarce" since this is far away from their other suites.

From entry to balcony, it is probably 1 foot narrower and you lose some space in the walk in closet.  If your weather is good, that balcony is incredible.  The Oceania Suite is lovely  and the back 2 give you the wake views but they are smaller than Deck 12 Oceania suites and their balcony is not as nice as the 7130/35.

I have had great butlers and useless butlers in that cabin but that is true of when I have been in Deck 10 and 11 ph cabins and I had a so so butler in an Oceania Suite.  The greatest Butler ever was Bosco in the Owners Suite but that was an upsell and I like the Oceania suites better than the Owners suite-Owners have a ton of useless trip over furniture on a narrow balcony.

Edited by cruisingxpert

Thank you. I agree, the two back Oceania Suites are wonderful. Since they were not available on this cruise we selected 7135, as I remember you posting about those 2 PH suites. Surprised that one was available. Our cruise has several sea days, the wraparound balcony will be great.

On 4/18/2018 at 6:29 PM, maggie.1008 said:

I know I saw a picture in the past but I cannot find it. I would like to see the balcony of cabin 7135 or 7130 on O Class ships. ( Marina or Riviera ) Many thanks !

I know you didn't ask, but another issue with those cabins (we booked one for a long cruise that had a lot of sea days and was in warm weather most of the time) is the closets. They are MUCH smaller and less efficient that a regular penthouse room. We've had 7128 before, and though it doesn't have the wrap-around balcony with the views of the wake (and an added bonus of having shade most/all of the time), we found it wonderful and would do it again.

Pictures on here and comments pretty spot-on.

5 hours ago, DoulaAnn said:

I know you didn't ask, but another issue with those cabins (we booked one for a long cruise that had a lot of sea days and was in warm weather most of the time) is the closets. They are MUCH smaller and less efficient that a regular penthouse room. We've had 7128 before, and though it doesn't have the wrap-around balcony with the views of the wake (and an added bonus of having shade most/all of the time), we found it wonderful and would do it again.

Pictures on here and comments pretty spot-on.

It is a 14 day cruise. I saw a video of the Riviera closet. I think it will be OK. Thanks for the heads up.