hotel in BARCELONA

Hi,

I just booked my European cruise on Oasis of the Seas. The ship is departing from Barcelona. We plan to fly to Barcelona the day before the cruise. I am looking for a hotel that is near the ship port.

Could someone please recommend a good hotel to stay?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I just booked my European cruise on Oasis of the Seas. The ship is departing from Barcelona. We plan to fly to Barcelona the day before the cruise. I am looking for a hotel that is near the ship port.

Could someone please recommend a good hotel to stay?

Thanks in advance.

I really can't help you on the Hotel, but, I just got off Symphony and flew into Barcelona. I used RCCL Transfer from Airport to Pier (made more sense to me) and it was flawless and would do it over again. My flight landed at 9:10 Local time, and I was on the ship at 11:30. Plus they transfer your bags after you get them from baggage claim.

We just took a nap in the room to help adjust to the time change. (6 hours difference for us) Hope this helps you!

Also... Here is the Terminal Location. She used Terminal B and C. https://goo.gl/maps/vAzdQxVBfn22

Congratulations- envious here. If you can manage any more time to explore Barcelona I would consider that as it is a beautiful city. We stayed at the Cotton House using Marriott points and it was a real treat. The cab to the pier was only 8€ and took about 10 minutes. We even walked out to the Mercado on LasRamblas in the morning and picked up lovely fresh flowers for the cabin.

I'd recommend Hotel Europark on carrer Arago, close to Passeig de Gracias.

Far enough from the tourist trap/mad house that is La Rambla, but close enough that you can walk there if you are so inclined. Closer to the magnificent Sagrada Familia, in the charming Eixample neighborhood. Next to a great market and a short walk to the elegant Passeig de Gracia. And it included a full American breakfast (plus Spanish hams and cheeses) the last time I was there.

http://www.hoteleuropark.com/en/

We stayed at the Catalonia Barcelona Plaza Hotel on Plaza de Espana. It wasn't far from the beach and in a neighborhood with lots of restaurants and shopping. Right next to Arenas de Barcelona Shopping Centre. Watch your belonging while in Barcelona. It is full of pickpockets! Especially in Las Ramblas.

We've visited Barcelona four or five times. Before our last TA cruise fall of 2017, we stayed at Hotel Jazz. Really enjoyed it. We've also stayed at Hotel Royal and Hotel Continental on Las Ramblas. Also have stayed at Silken Rambla, just a block or two from Las Ramblas. If there's no transportation strike, any of these are accessible from Aerobus stops from BCN. 6€ per person each way

We were on the harmony TA went three days ahead. We stayed at Cuateo naciones on las ramblas it was nice and free breakfast. Very close to port. Walked everywhere and saw so much, price was perfect. I booked it through booking.com

Last May we stayed in the Hotel Arts, a Ritz Carlton Hotel. It is right on the beach and a short ride to the port. We used Marriott points for the one night stay. We squeezed a lot into that day and a half. We used Barcelona Day Tours, who picked us up at the airport at 9:30 a.m. Christian, our extremely knowledgeable driver, took us to to the hotel to drop off our luggage and then took us to Montserrat. The drive through the countryside was beautiful and his nonstop review of what we were seeing was wonderful. The next morning we took a cab to the Sagrada Familia then back to the hotel for luggage and a cab to the ship by noon. I wish we had had more time to explore this beautiful city. Have fun!

Congratulations- envious here. If you can manage any more time to explore Barcelona I would consider that as it is a beautiful city. We stayed at the Cotton House using Marriott points and it was a real treat. The cab to the pier was only 8€ and took about 10 minutes. We even walked out to the Mercado on LasRamblas in the morning and picked up lovely fresh flowers for the cabin.

We will be staying there in September. Happy to hear you enjoyed it. Nice to know we can bring flowers on board for our room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Gallery Hotel was excellent. Wonderful service. They took us to see the different types of rooms before we checked in. The breakfast buffet was delicious with many choices. The hotel was around the corner from Passeig de Gracias and La Pedrera. It was not a long trip to the port. Enjoy your trip.

We intentionally wanted to stay out of the main part of the city so booked the wonderful Pullman Skipper Barcelona. Right on the beach, most comfortable beds ever and great amenities.

It was a short cab ride to the port and we enjoyed being in the relaxed atmosphere away from the hustle and bustle!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums