parking at port everglades

Tbv610

No, I have no factual references that can be given other than my own experiences.

We always do B2B2B cruises & I always return to my car during a turnaround day. I've sat there many times for up to 30 minutes after being dropped off (and sometimes not directly near my car since it was moved).

I just walk around looking for my car which is usually nearby.

I then spend time unloading my luggage into my trunk as well as download movie programs all of which takes time.

The parking lot is never crowded with people arriving at their cars which would give plenty of time to go though any car I choose.

There all open with the keys on their visors.

If they haven't had any incidents I would really be surprised.

Oh, btw- we no longer park there.

I no longer park there either after more than 15x...nuff said. Have used the parking garage for the last 2 yrs....and I'm perfectly fine paying the daily rate. And, the price is $6 dollars a day more...and no shuttle waiting, and no shuttle tipping pre and post trip.

Thank you for your honesty.

So you, in spite of your ongoing criticism of the Park n Go business model, never had an actual loss during the time that you were parking there. Did I get that right?

That's 100 % correct.

I've never had one problem with their price or shuttle service.

We use to use the bus for transportation until the original Cruise Connection went out of business & then switched to Escot bus service until they raised their prices sky high.

We then started using Park N Go until a year or so ago when I noticed their major flaw in security.

If you feel comfortable with them by all means you should continue to park there.

Next cruise just take notice of the things I mentioned & see for yourself if it's not true.

We used to park at the Embassy when it was only $5.00.. (through third party)

Now after researching we are going to park at the pier. For a few dollars more it's worth it.

No waiting for a shuttle.. or other people to fill the shuttle.

If you insist on locking the car at ParkN Go there have been times when they'll let you. You have to be insistent about it since they want to move cars around as needed.

Most times I'll say they leave them open.

There's no problem with returning to a different pier since their pickup van circles all around the port. I've even returned to the car during B2B trips to pick up the car to go shopping without any problem & then returned in the afternoon. Since parking is paid for already, they don't care if you leave & come back.

I've never had any problems or heard about anyone who has but it would make me nervous leaving anything of real value in the trunk.

I've never questioned them about thier policy about stolen items but seeing that they're holding the keys, you would think they would have to assume some responsibitity.

Check their web site.

Thanks for this information. I checked the Park n Go web site and couldn't find anything on liability for personal goods left in the car. I emailed them with my situation and they did reply within 24 hours. They told me they really don't have issues and the cars are in stacks until the day you come back.

I'm going to pay the extra money and park at the pier, lock my car and take the keys. If I happen to end at a different pier than I am parked at, are the shuttles marked as "pier shuttles" or something similar? Also, I do walk off disembarkation which begins about 6:30 a.m.. Will the pier shuttles already be operating?

Thanks.

I'm going to pay the extra money and park at the pier, lock my car and take the keys. If I happen to end at a different pier than I am parked at, are the shuttles marked as "pier shuttles" or something similar? Also, I do walk off disembarkation which begins about 6:30 a.m.. Will the pier shuttles already be operating?

Thanks.

Check with Passenger Services a few days before disembarkation and they will tell you where to pick up the shuttle and the schedule. The one time we were in that situation (left from terminal 21 and returned to terminal 2) we were told it was a continuous shuttle (it's about a 5 minute drive in each direction) so the most you would need to wait is 10 - 15 minutes (including loading and unloading luggage) if we had just missed one. We were lucky and the shuttle was pulling up just as we got to the meeting place.

We use Park 'n Go (cruise parking) at 1/2 the price of the PE garage.

Prepay at $8.99/day(use their website), free shuttle from your car to the checkin location (in reverse when you return). The shuttle takes you to your car, where it is parked in their lot.

Park N Go uses variable pricing. The only time we drove to Fort Lauderdale was for a holiday cruise. The Park N Go price was just a little bit less expensive than parking in the deck beside the terminal. We went with parking in the deck and were able to disembark and be in our car early to start driving back home.

I'm still not sure if we're driving to the port for our cruise next month. Right now, Park N Go is charging $10.50 per day for prepay for our dates.

Thanks.

No matter where you choose to park they'll have free shuttles to take you to your car.

If the price the that close to parking at the port parking garage I'd feel safer with them.

We have been parking at Park N Go for many years and have never had any problems relating to theft, vehicle damage, or anything else. We will be going on Regal on Feb. 18 and made our reservation online with Park N Go on December 25 and the price was $8.99/day. Also if you register with them you get a frequent parking card and get a free day of parking after a certain number of days of parking there. I would recommend them highly. There shuttles have always been timely and well maintained.

Check with Passenger Services a few days before disembarkation and they will tell you where to pick up the shuttle and the schedule. The one time we were in that situation (left from terminal 21 and returned to terminal 2) we were told it was a continuous shuttle (it's about a 5 minute drive in each direction) so the most you would need to wait is 10 - 15 minutes (including loading and unloading luggage) if we had just missed one. We were lucky and the shuttle was pulling up just as we got to the meeting place.

Thanks for the good advice!

Thanks for this information. I checked the Park n Go web site and couldn't find anything on liability for personal goods left in the car. I emailed them with my situation and they did reply within 24 hours. They told me they really don't have issues and the cars are in stacks until the day you come back.

Thanks.

Just an FYI...if you are on a Princess ship....the norm is Pier 2 or 4. The two piers share the same parking garage. Two weeks ago we left from Pier 4 and came back to pier 2. Easy peasy....just walked out and directly into the garage. One time last year we were on the other side of the port do to a pier maintenance issue at 4....came back to pier 2 and shuttle promptly took us back to our car.

Just an FYI...if you are on a Princess ship....the norm is Pier 2 or 4. The two piers share the same parking garage. Two weeks ago we left from Pier 4 and came back to pier 2. Easy peasy....just walked out and directly into the garage. One time last year we were on the other side of the port do to a pier maintenance issue at 4....came back to pier 2 and shuttle promptly took us back to our car.

Thanks. This is good to know.