Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World

brunello22

I am sharing my recent experience at the Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World. This was my 4th visit to Shanghai, the 4th different hotel I stayed in, and the Radisson did not disappoint.

The hotel is located on W Nanjing Road, across from People's Square, and steps away from the People's Square Metro, lines 1, 2, and 8. I had a Junior Suite, with views of E Nanjing Road and the skyline. Breakfast is included, and while I did not dine in the revolving restaurant on the 45th floor, the Sky Dome Bar on the 47th floor offers spectacular views on a clear evening and a relaxing atmosphere. The hotel is connected to a large shopping mall, shopping / restaurants along Nanjing Road, and about a 20-minute brisk walk to the Bund.

Overall, my experience there was great, and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Thanks for your review.

If you wouldn't mind, what are the other hotels at which you've stayed, and how did they compare to the Radisson Blu?

We are in the process of narrowing our choices for next March.

Of course! In order of preference ...

Westin Bund Center: Really lovely hotel, nice fitness center, great breakfast, love the bathroom amenities, and ... Heavenly Bed! 10-minute walk to Nanjing Road and The Bund.

Hyatt on the Bund: The location was great, easy walk to many places, and really had amazing views from my room, as well as The Vue lounge at the top of the hotel.

Hongta: This hotel is in the Pudong district, and I stayed here because it was close to the New Exposition center (I was there for a trade show). Nonetheless, the city center is easily accessible by the Metro, so while I was a bit out of the center, getting to the center was quick and easy.

I would rank the Westin and Radisson as two of my four favorites, so far.

Of course! In order of preference ...

Westin Bund Center: Really lovely hotel, nice fitness center, great breakfast, love the bathroom amenities, and ... Heavenly Bed! 10-minute walk to Nanjing Road and The Bund.

Hyatt on the Bund: The location was great, easy walk to many places, and really had amazing views from my room, as well as The Vue lounge at the top of the hotel.

Hongta: This hotel is in the Pudong district, and I stayed here because it was close to the New Exposition center (I was there for a trade show). Nonetheless, the city center is easily accessible by the Metro, so while I was a bit out of the center, getting to the center was quick and easy.

I would rank the Westin and Radisson as two of my four favorites, so far.

Thank you very much!

The Westin is on our short list, but Les Suites Orient Bund is also of great interest due to the location.