First time Cruise

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Well -- we know you are going to Hawaii in February 2019. We don't know what ship you will be on.

Anyway -- if you have any questions -- just ask.

I'm going to guess NCL Pride of America? Ship is based there with 7 night itineraries all year. Not sure of other cruise lines that offer that. Maybe someone else can add.

I'm going to guess NCL Pride of America? Ship is based there with 7 night itineraries all year. Not sure of other cruise lines that offer that. Maybe someone else can add.

The only other option would be a 14/15 day cruise from Los Angeles or San Francisco. Or something of an Alaska-Hawaii trip but not sure if that is an option.

The only other option would be a 14/15 day cruise from Los Angeles or San Francisco. Or something of an Alaska-Hawaii trip but not sure if that is an option.

Most of those that I am familiar with are late spring / early fall, but there may be some west coast itineraries then. But definitely too early for the Alaska season as I understand.

Princess does roundtrips out of San Pedro and Holland America does roundtrips out of San Diego. I don't think Princess is running any roundtrips out of San Francisco in February next year, but other winter months they do.

I'm guessing since it's the OP's first cruise she/he wouldn't choose one with so many sea days. So probably Pride of America.

Congrats on the first cruise. Nothing like the excitement of that first one!

Princess does roundtrips out of San Pedro and Holland America does roundtrips out of San Diego. I don't think Princess is running any roundtrips out of San Francisco in February next year, but other winter months they do.

I'm guessing since it's the OP's first cruise she/he wouldn't choose one with so many sea days. So probably Pride of America.

Congrats on the first cruise. Nothing like the excitement of that first one!

Maybe the OP will come back and let us know. :)

IMO you picked a bad first cruise.

Cruising in Hawaii is not about cruising. It's a rough ride through that famous surf. There are few amenities on board. The focus is on the islands. You have no time to enjoy the ship & that is OK because the islands are amazing.

I'm afraid that if you judge all cruising by this experience you will never go again. If it was all I knew of cruising I would have been turned off.

We very much enjoyed our cruise on the POA but it had nothing to do with the ship. I didn't really like the ship. It was a floating movable hotel. We got up, ate breakfast & left. We came back, grabbed food & went to bed so we could be up early the next morning for the next port.

On other cruises you relax & enjoy the pool, maybe see a show, have a leisurely dinner.