Deck 1 inside cabins Amsterdam

RDC1

I am looking at booking an inside cabin on Deck 1 on the Amsterdam for a 51 day cruise. Looking in the mid ship area with cabins from J1854 to J1883. I was wondering if anyone has experience with the cabins in that area? I am primarily interested in the noise level or if si anything one should be concerned about when booking there.

My wife and I were in 1815 (outside cabin) near the stern on Deck 1 a few years back. It was the worst cabin we've ever had on any ship. Noise wasn't a problem, but the cabin was shabby (formica peeling off the furniture, broken drawers and carpet that had seen many better days) and we had plumbing problems, i.e. smelly bilge water continually coming through the drain hole in the bathroom floor. I'm aware the ship was last refurbished 3-4 years ago so the problems we experienced may well have been resolved.

Just make sure there isn't a large white area on the deck plan above your cabin! The first year we sailed with HAL we were in an outside on deck 1 and the Galley was above us! Yuck, they were moving racks around from about 2 am until we got up at 6.