Favorite food at Blue Iguana and JiJi's

The freshly-made tacos with the grilled chicken are wonderful; I can eat a mountain of those. The breakfast burritos are also killer. Truth be told, I haven't had anything at the Blue Iguana that I didn't love.

Haven't been to Ji Ji's.

Stalking this thread because I'm so excited about blue iguana. What is Ji Ji's? I'm guessing something that isn't on the Glory since I haven't heard of it.

Does Blue Iguana have queso?

Edited by jesskuhmarie

Breakfast burritos are consistently good. And the carnitas tacos. Fish tacos aren't that good, small breaded fish nuggets. The huevos rancheros in the morning can be good if you get some extra tortillas to sop up the egg yolk. And the arepas can be tasty but watch that they haven't sat for a time or are a bit too thick; not consistent even on same ship.

Haven't eaten at a JiJis but DW has on the Sunshine and she liked everything she tried, even going there on an elegant night over the MDR.

Shrimp Burritos.

And I love the fresh pico de gallo.

If they have a meat choice (beef, chicken, shrimp, fish, etc.) at the taco side but not the burrito side, you can ask for it in your burrito and vice versa (so if they only have shrimps on the burrito side but you want a shrimp taco, just ask).

For Blue Iguana, I will grab a bowl from the Lido buffet and get a breakfast burrito minus the tortilla... Mexican eggs, sausage, salsa, and both grilled and fried onions... Now wishing I was there instead of at work...

burrito:

jalapeno tortilla

shrimp

rice

red onion

green pepper

guacamole

pico

I should have a t-shirt printed with the above and just point to it; I've had the same burrito often enough.

Shrimp Burritos.

And I love the fresh pico de gallo.

If they have a meat choice (beef, chicken, shrimp, fish, etc.) at the taco side but not the burrito side, you can ask for it in your burrito and vice versa (so if they only have shrimps on the burrito side but you want a shrimp taco, just ask).

Might have to book a cruise now:)

I ate a few lunches at BI - I mixed chicken and shrimp with black beans, refried beans, pico de gallo, guac, and roasted corn, some with the tortilla, and some without.

Haven't tried JiJis yet, maybe on the Vista in Nov?

• 2 years later...
Yes, just bring a bowl from the buffet...

Why didn't I think of that??? On the Victory now and just did an open face burrito as a bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breakfast burritos, grilled chicken tacos and burritos...really you can't go wrong at Blue Iguana since they make it to your specs.

For JiJi's, I can't speak for dinner since we never went, but don't forget they offer a free stir-fry during lunch. It's basically like the Mongolian Wok on other ships, but with 100% less standing in line since it's table service. And it's very seldom crowded. On embark day for lunch there were only six other people in the restaurant...with people hunting for open tables in the Lido buffet right down the stairs. It was heaven.

For Blue Iguana, I will grab a bowl from the Lido buffet and get a breakfast burrito minus the tortilla... Mexican eggs, sausage, salsa, and both grilled and fried onions... Now wishing I was there instead of at work...

Me, too. What a great idea! I'll have to try this in October on the Magic.