New policy for door decorations?

MaiTaiMary

Right, but they've had that policy in place for a long time and never enforced it, as far as I know. I've been using card stock for years. I thought I read there was something new.

I guess I'm asking...

has anybody used card stock for their door decorations in 2018 and it was removed?

Right, but they've had that policy in place for a long time and never enforced it, as far as I know. I've been using card stock for years. I thought I read there was something new.

I guess I'm asking...

has anybody used card stock for their door decorations in 2018 and it was removed?

We were on the Miracle in February our grandson decorated our door for Valentine's Day. No one took it done or said anything.

We sailed February 10th this year. I did not buy them but they felt like a sticky silicone. My grandson also decorated his cabin door. Neither door had any residue or marks. I made sure to check. No one said anything to us about the decorations. They remained until I removed them.

We were on the Magic last June and someone had put the gel type window decorations on their door. The room steward removed them the next morning and the colors had already bled onto the door. The room steward spent a lot of time and different cleaning solutions trying to get the stains off. By the end of the week, they had faded but were still there. We always use magnetic strips and they work great.

We've always decorated our doors with decorations made from card stock. Is this still OK? I thought I read there was a new policy on this.

Thanks.

Go to the F.A.Q. section on Carnival's home page and use the search bar to look up the policy on door decorations. It does say that you're supposed to use flame retardant decorations. However, without using an open flame, I'm not sure if there's any other way for a staff member to test the item. Removing or not removing items seems to be at the discretion of the staff. There have been incidents where decorations have been stolen or destroyed by other passengers. So don't use anything that you can't afford to lose, and, if possible, personalize your decorations by putting your name on the front or back of the decorations. If your name happens to be "Howie Duzzit", for example, the odds are somewhere between pretty slim and none that there will be someone else on your cruise with the same name.

can someone suggest a good (and cheap) site to get custom door decorations? My son in law and grandson are going with us on their first cruise and I was hoping to do something special for them.

"Good" and "cheap" are not always synonymous. Quite a few people get their door banners from Shindigz, and seem to be very pleased. I'm not sure how Shindigz compares to other places as far as price and quality are concerned. It might not hurt to do a little research on Google, not only for products and pricing, but also for customer reviews. I bought a garden flag that has a colorful beach scene on it and had our last name embroidered on it. Total investment was less than $20.00. It's not date or cruise ship specific, so we can use it over and over again. We just attach it with Command strips.

can someone suggest a good (and cheap) site to get custom door decorations? My son in law and grandson are going with us on their first cruise and I was hoping to do something special for them.

I ordered a door magnet from ETSY for our upcoming cruise. Really cute.

We used the gel things last time. The orange left a stain on the door, but the other colors did not.

Part of Carnival's guidelines for door decorations says you're not allowed to use gel clings, for that very reason.

We cruised on the Magic in February and I bought command strips for the door to hang decorations. I got garland for Mardi Gras and also Valentines day with signs to hang as well. Clings didn't work with the doors but they did for the mirrors in the room and made it look festive in there as well. The command strips came right off and I still have them and will just get more of the adhesive strips for the next cruise.

I use a banner we bought from Shindigz and nothing has ever been said to us. It is flame retardant and I have a copy of the proof of that with me, but have never been asked for it nor has anyone ever said anything.

Picture please!!!