New! Register to Attend OFFICIAL Meet & Mingles on Your Next Carnival Cruise!

LauraS

LauraS. Thank you so much, this is fantastic! Great job. This will make our Roll Call so much easier, no more having to arrange ourselves. But might I suggest you make this a sticky, or what ever it is you call it where you permanently post this information at the top of the page.

Cheers, Debbie

Hi there

Just wondering is there any way of knowing how many people have registered before you reach the required 25 people?

I also am concerned the scheduling. When planning a meet and greet we always try to arrive at a popular consensus for time and date that would work for most people. Do we have any input? It is very nice to say that if you have signed up to go but if you have no say as to when it would seem to be problematic.

thanks is anybody can provide input

We have attended these events on both Royal and Celebrity who have had this arrangement with Cruise Critic for years. Assuming with Carnival it will work the same, when you sign up it will tell you how many more are needed or the total registered if you have met the minimum. Once on board we would receive an envelope in our room advising of the date, time and location for the event. Typically they have been late morning/early afternoon on the first sea day but we had no say in the time or location.

I also am concerned the scheduling. When planning a meet and greet we always try to arrive at a popular consensus for time and date that would work for most people. Do we have any input? It is very nice to say that if you have signed up to go but if you have no say as to when it would seem to be problematic.

thanks is anybody can provide input

Carnival will decide where they have room for the number registered and when the CD is available to host it. We will have no input.

86 already registered for the Vista Med cruise Oct 11th and 90 for the TA Oct 21st so they will need a large room.

IMHO...it's about time.:)

Agree. It has taken a long time.

Just signed up for our cruise, wondered if we would have enough, HA... 2 members had 14 and 10 people signed up alone :eek: :D

We are already at 55.

Carnival is going to have hundreds of people for some cruises.

Do they have a cutoff . ;)

Yes, CC has had official M&Ms with the other mainstream cruise lines for several years now, at least with RCI, Celebrity, and NCL, I'm not sure about the other lines. The other cruise lines host the event, and at some, senior officers will come and chat and do Q&A. Refreshments are offered, some ice-breaker type game might be played, usually some drawings for prizes such as champagne are held, cruise line logo'ed freebies are given out, etc. It's all very nice, and I'm glad Carnival is finally coming around on this.

Royal, for example, even has pages on their website devoted to CC M&Ms:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/subject.do?faqSubjectName=MeetMingle&faqSubjectId=343&pnav=5&snav=2

ETA: Yes, AFAIK, the other lines only do the M&Ms for 7-day and longer cruises.

Princess also sponsors them through CC

I no longer see carnival from my condo front porch :(

Hello Everyone!

We are so pleased to announce our new partnership with Carnival Cruise Lines to offer you, our members, access to exclusive onboard Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle Parties!

Carnival will host private parties for Cruise Critic members who have signed up prior to sailing – a private room and refreshments and snacks will be provided by the cruise line. Meet & Mingles will be held on all Carnival sailings of 7-days or longer. The day, time & location of the party will be published in Fun Times no later than the evening prior to the party.

To attend a Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle on your Carnival sailing, please register here: Register To Attend

Be sure to register soon for your sailing; there is a 14-day advance notice to Carnival!

Parties will be scheduled when there are 25 or more Cruise Critic members (family & friends too) registered to attend. Here is more information about our new partnership with Carnival to bring you Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle parties.

Parties will begin for sailings in April.

We are so excited about this opportunity for our members, and hope you will all have a great time meeting each other at these Official Meet & Mingle gatherings on board your Carnival cruise!

Laura

There are currently 16 guests signed up for the party. Just need 9 more!!

Where do you look to see how many are registered?

Joy

Hi Joy

After you press the "register to attend" link, you will get a screen asking you to input your Ship. Once you select your sail date you will see the link that shows up underneath the date that says "click here to see current registered users"

Have a great cruise

• Administrators
Thanks Laura and the CC staff. Signed up for the M&G for our Freedom cruise next year. Do you think we could get John Heald to host our party? :D

Probably not. But I'll be at each and every one of them! (Just kidding. Really just kidding).

You're welcome, and hope you have fun.

Laura

• Administrators
I'm in at the hope theres a free drink involved... :D

Simple refreshments and snacks -- no alcohol sorry. Bring your own! :)

Laura

• Administrators
The Carnival Sunshine Journeys cruise out of Charleston is not listed. This is a 10 day cruise beginning May 30, 2016. Any way you can check to see if this is included?

I will check this one.

Laura

• Administrators
We have attended these events on both Royal and Celebrity who have had this arrangement with Cruise Critic for years. Assuming with Carnival it will work the same, when you sign up it will tell you how many more are needed or the total registered if you have met the minimum. Once on board we would receive an envelope in our room advising of the date, time and location for the event. Typically they have been late morning/early afternoon on the first sea day but we had no say in the time or location.

Hi!

The information about the Meet & Mingle party will appear in Fun Times no later than the evening before the date of the party. So, pay attention to Fun Times!!

Edited by LauraS

• Administrators
There is a link on the sign up page that says "see how many have signed up" or something like that that you can click and not only see the # of people but who they are.

I also asked Laura the same question... we were/are already in the planning stages of a M&G and would like to know if we can know prior to boarding the place/date and time...

I won't be able to provide that information for you. I realize there is a bit of cross-timing here. The place/time/date will be chosen by Carnival (just as it is now, actually if you think about it).

Luara

• Administrators

We'll bummer.....my date isn't listed for the sunshine may 30th cruise. I wonder why? Does anyone know the reason? It is out of Charleston and is a 10 day cruise. April is listed but none for May and then a lot of dates after the month of May. :confused:

I've asked the tech team to add this sail date, stay tuned.

• Administrators
Just tried to sign up, entered all my info and when I clicked on save a note comes up "page cannot be found." Maybe a glitch in the system since my cruise is more than 14 days away. Anyone else having trouble?

Ship and sail date? I will take a look.

And the system will accept registration as far as two years out....if you noticed there are 2018 sailings in there!

There is a cutoff, though, BEFORE the sail date -- 14 days.

Laura

• Administrators
Laura,

Is there anyway for us to know prior to boarding when and where the Meet n Greet gathering will take place ? Some of us have been planning M&G with the date/time and place already and are wondering if we should continue with our current plans or drop them and wait to get on board. Thanks for doing this.. Personally I think its a great idea, just concerned about the When part...

If the event is scheduled through our registration database, you will not know the time/date/location until you are on board.

I think the decision is yours as to whether you want to continue with your current plans; plus we haven't discussed this with Carnival at all. It's totally up to Carnival whether they will offer gatherings if there is already a scheduled Cruise Critic gathering on board.

Laura

Edited by LauraS

Hello Everyone!

We are so pleased to announce our new partnership with Carnival Cruise Lines to offer you, our members, access to exclusive onboard Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle Parties!

Carnival will host private parties for Cruise Critic members who have signed up prior to sailing – a private room and refreshments and snacks will be provided by the cruise line. Meet & Mingles will be held on all Carnival sailings of 7-days or longer. The day, time & location of the party will be published in Fun Times no later than the evening prior to the party.

To attend a Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle on your Carnival sailing, please register here: Register To Attend

Be sure to register soon for your sailing; there is a 14-day advance notice to Carnival!

Parties will be scheduled when there are 25 or more Cruise Critic members (family & friends too) registered to attend. Here is more information about our new partnership with Carnival to bring you Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle parties.

Parties will begin for sailings in April.

We are so excited about this opportunity for our members, and hope you will all have a great time meeting each other at these Official Meet & Mingle gatherings on board your Carnival cruise!

Laura

Thanks you getting this started with Carnival. I just signed up for my December cruise on the Magic.

I signed 3 of us up for our 4-9 Breeze, it was one of the first on the list. Hoping they offer a drink option, i wasnt able to get in on the m&g for our fb group.

There's a fb group for this group? We are on it and didn't see anything about it on the roll call page.