Help Finding Specific Cat Pendant - Possibly in San Juan

EssieSC

Hello everyone,

First, I apologize if you see this post more than once...I'm going to post it in two or three of the most relevant places in an effort to get as much help as I can. I'm desperately looking for the jeweler/maker of the necklace/pendant that matches the earring you see in this post. It was purchased on a shore excursion which I'm almost positive was on our stop in San Juan, PR on my first cruise ever on the Millennium in 2003, which is why I can't remember the name of the jeweler. The reason I'm needing to replace it is because my car was stolen a few days ago, and the necklace was in the car...I used it as a rear view mirror charm when I wasn't wearing it because I love it so much, so I could see it every day. :(

The earrings you see were very similar to the necklace, but the necklace was a lot cuter because the way the pendant attached to the chain was that it looked like the cat was hanging onto the necklace by his paw. His little head and tail also had these unique hinges on the necklace that allowed them to turn in a 360-degree fashion. I had gone to a shopping excursion information session on the ship and they had samples of the necklaces, which is why I knew to go to this particular jeweler on that island, and the pendant also came with the option to have the cat in white or yellow gold, green or blue eyes and shiny or brushed finishes. This particular jeweler also made a lot of other Jewish themed jewelry as well, and I'm not 100% certain it was San Juan.

I believe the other stops we went to on that cruise were the Dominican Republic, which I don't believe it to have been there, St.Thomas, it could have been there, but I know I purchased a ring there, so I don't think it was there, and St. John. I'm hoping someone else will have purchased this same necklace, or one similar, or may at least remember the name of the jeweler, if he's even still there. I've purchased so much specialty jewelry in the Caribbean since then, like Bernard K. Passman, I can't recall this particular jeweler, and I'm heartbroken to have lost this piece.

Thank you in advance to anyone who might be able to help!

Nicole

1233356613_Necklace2.thumb.jpg.4ecc930bf6e7196675bc11436aa80ad9.jpg

EssieSC,

I don't have a specific answer for you but you can also try posting to the San Juan boards that are in the "Ports of Call" section here on CC. I'm attaching the link to the San Juan boards, but they are under "Ports of Call", then go to "Caribbean" then scroll down to "San Juan". There are a few CC members who are very helpful there and a few even reside there and may know. You could even ask if what jewelry stores may have carried these. You are probably right that it was San Juan. I know there are many homeless cats in Old San Juan, near the forts, that are helped by an organization there called "Save a Gato" (read about it in CC member reviews and just looked it up to be sure). Every time we have been to/near Fort El Morro and the walkway below the fort (Paseo del Morro), we've seen the cats, so it would make sense that your pendant/set of earrings came from San Juan.

Link to Save a Gato: http://www.saveagato.com/

Link to the Cruise Critic San Juan (Ports of Call) boards: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131

I'm really sorry to hear your car and your beloved pendant was stolen. I really hope that your car is found, with your pendant still inside but if not, I hope someone can somehow direct you to the jeweler you got it from to get another one. Good luck to you.