Koningsdam BC6001

Petronillus

We have just put a deposit on Koningsdam cabin 6001. Its the forwardmost cabin portside on the Mozart deck. Per the deck plan it seems to have a slightly truncated verandah but also appears to be a bit larger than the usual vista suite. And yet I realize that the deck plans are not drawn precisely to scale.

We were in a forward cabin on Osterdam awhile back (maybe 3 cabins back) and were perfectly comfortable, so I have no concerns about being so far forward.

Can anyone out there in CruiseCritic land opine on cabin 6001 from firsthand experience?

Thanks, FatCat!

Wow! It looks like DW & I have hit paydirt! I'm thrilled. The deck plan gives no indication of the wraparound balcony. Plus, in addition to the doorwall leading out to the balcony, there's a window facing forward.

Thanks for finding the needle for me. I wasn't even aware of the haystack. It's amazing, isn't it, what you can find online nowadays.

Thanks, FatCat!

Wow! It looks like DW & I have hit paydirt! I'm thrilled. The deck plan gives no indication of the wraparound balcony. Plus, in addition to the doorwall leading out to the balcony, there's a window facing forward.

Thanks for finding the needle for me. I wasn't even aware of the haystack. It's amazing, isn't it, what you can find online nowadays.

It is an impressive cabin. Gratz!! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 9/18/2018 at 2:00 AM, Petronillus said:

We have just put a deposit on Koningsdam cabin 6001. Its the forwardmost cabin portside on the Mozart deck. Per the deck plan it seems to have a slightly truncated verandah but also appears to be a bit larger than the usual vista suite. And yet I realize that the deck plans are not drawn precisely to scale.

We were in a forward cabin on Osterdam awhile back (maybe 3 cabins back) and were perfectly comfortable, so I have no concerns about being so far forward.

Can anyone out there in CruiseCritic land opine on cabin 6001 from firsthand experience?

A question for Petronillus. I have Koningsdam 6002 booked for a 35 day. What can you tell me about this room? Did you like the layout and the larger balcony? Was wind an issue on the front facing balcony?  Is the room larger then a typical vista suite?

• 1 year later...

Long shot that you're still monitoring this conversation....but just in case.  How was cabin 6001?  We just booked an Alaskan cruise aboard Koningsdam in cabin 6001.  Would love to hear your feedback.  Thanks!  Have a great day!!!