Greenland and Canada...Seabourn vs. Silversea...your opinion, please!!!

nucleon

Hi! I'm polling the audience! Looking at these two cruises for August, 2019:

https://www.seabourn.com/details?webItineraryIdForAudit=E9N24A&fromSearchVacation=true&guestsCount=2&voyageCode=6935&selectedMeta=Veranda%20Suite&shipId=SQ

and

https://www.silversea.com/destinations/cruises-arctic-greenland/kangerlussuaq-to-kangerlussuaq-1920.html

The Silverseas trip seems to have more wilderness...no civilization beyond the small villages and towns here and there. It goes much further north in Greenland and Canada.

The Seabourn is on our beloved Quest, which took us to Antarctica last year. The Seabourn has longer trip (24 days vs. 16) for similar price, although it does NOT include airfare, so price per day might end up comparable. It does have Reykjavik at the beginning and Quebec City and Montreal at the end, so a bit more civilization.

Has anyone done either (or both!) cruises? Recommendations, advice, opinions all appreciated!!!!

I hope someone can help you with your question. We did London -Montreal with Silversea which took in Iceland and Greenland. We actually started the cruise in Copenhagen so we were on board for 28 days. We loved this cruise. We really loved Iceland but the highlight for me was Greenland. We have cruised over 250 days with Seabourn and 150 with Silverseas. We actually had a Seabourn cruise booked but changed to Silverseas because the itinerary on Silverseas was better. Having said that I looked at both itineraries and I like the look of the Seabourn itinerary better as I think if you stay in Iceland for three days before you would get a lot out of that starting point. This is a difficult one and I hope someone who has done these particular itineraries can help.

Thank you, Clarky! While the Silverseas trip technically begins and ends in Greenland, one must fly to Reykjavik to get to the departure point. If we do that cruise, I'm sure we'll fly in to Iceland a few days earlier and see the sights before flying to

Kangerlussuaq.

We have also done Southampton to Montreal on Silversea. At the time we compared Silversea to Seabourn, and chose Silversea based on the itinerary. In this case I would also pick the itinerary that was of most interest. For me, between these two, it would be the Seabourn cruise. Your choice depends on your specific interests, but I don’t think you would go wrong with the Cloud Expedition if that suited your interests.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi! I'm polling the audience! Looking at these two cruises for August, 2019:

https://www.seabourn.com/details?webItineraryIdForAudit=E9N24A&fromSearchVacation=true&guestsCount=2&voyageCode=6935&selectedMeta=Veranda%20Suite&shipId=SQ

and

https://www.silversea.com/destinations/cruises-arctic-greenland/kangerlussuaq-to-kangerlussuaq-1920.html

The Silverseas trip seems to have more wilderness...no civilization beyond the small villages and towns here and there. It goes much further north in Greenland and Canada.

The Seabourn is on our beloved Quest, which took us to Antarctica last year. The Seabourn has longer trip (24 days vs. 16) for similar price, although it does NOT include airfare, so price per day might end up comparable. It does have Reykjavik at the beginning and Quebec City and Montreal at the end, so a bit more civilization.

Has anyone done either (or both!) cruises? Recommendations, advice, opinions all appreciated!!!!

We were on the Quest in Antarctica this year, and have reservations for your Greenland trip. Hope to meet yo on board. Will be our third time on the Quest.