Blue lagoon island deluxe beach break

pajazz28

My family and I are sailing on Harmony of the Seas in July. has anyone done the BLUE LAGOON ISLAND DELUXE BEACH BREAK excursion? How was it, is it worth it? Can it be done on our own and not through the cruise line?

BLUE LAGOON ISLAND DELUXE BEACH BREAK

It's usually more expensive and much more of a hassle to do on your own. You would need to taxi to their stop near Atlantis, etc. It makes more sense to just do it with the cruise line. Yes, I think you would find it worth it. Blue Lagoon is a very nice facility, well managed and run, and the water is stunning, sandy beach, clear water, no waves, etc. It's a great and unique beach day if that's what you are looking for.

FYI-Blue Lagoon no longer has the aqua/water bounce/obstacle/trampoline park. This was a big plus for our kids. We have gone to the Blue Lagoon twice, however will not be returning (the dolphin swim is better in Cozumel and the Stingray swim is better in Antigua), so pretty much would go only for the beach/kids stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
FYI-Blue Lagoon no longer has the aqua/water bounce/obstacle/trampoline park. This was a big plus for our kids. We have gone to the Blue Lagoon twice, however will not be returning (the dolphin swim is better in Cozumel and the Stingray swim is better in Antigua), so pretty much would go only for the beach/kids stuff.

We were there last week. The aqua/water bounce/trampoline is back. They took them out for maintenance. I hope it’s not to late for you to rebook.

af9cd9b207f6cc9d2da6e8b6d2844858.jpg

97f507d388e68431b7cf964c3db9762e.jpg

c4e8b35f68ff2cb3fc7e4a50e1de8543.jpg

3f46a95f37f4ef090628e02597ef88cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We really enjoyed blue lagoon. My kids had fun on floats, hammocks and watching dolphin encounter. My older one liked the aqua park. Food so so but at least it was included.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

We really enjoyed blue lagoon. My kids had fun on floats, hammocks and watching dolphin encounter. My older one liked the aqua park. Food so so but at least it was included.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

It's been posted that the aquapark is back and was just gone for maintenance.

• 1 month later...

We just got back from the Adventure of the Seas sailing and went to Blue Lagoon Island. It is very nice, especially the swimming with the dolphins experience. The staff at the dolphin area was fantastic and funny. The encounters and interaction with the dolphins was much better than we have seen at other locations.

The weather was very hot and we had full sun all day so the heat was brutal. We were one of the first groups to go to the island so we got lounge chairs right at the waters edge. We then went directly to the water activities lounge to rent an umbrella and we were told that they are sold out. There were very few umbrellas available and we were told by one of the attendants that they expected 1,700 cruise passenegers from the three ships in Nassau that day plus about an additional 800 local residents since that day was Bahama's Independence Day. When we asked the attendant why they did not have more umbrellas for so many people he just said that we never have many umbrellas here.

Here is a photo of the beach at lunch time. You can see that very few people were able to obtain an umbrella.

2018-07-13%2017.02.03-1_zps2mpaksuz.jpg?t=1531489431