Magnifica docking points

davenew

We are going on Magnifica in October - Le Havre, Amsterdam, Zeebruge and Hamburg.

Can anyone confirm where the ship actually docks please. I have read that they are way out and MSC charge ridiculous amounts for shuttle buses.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are going on Magnifica in October - Le Havre, Amsterdam, Zeebruge and Hamburg.

Can anyone confirm where the ship actually docks please. I have read that they are way out and MSC charge ridiculous amounts for shuttle buses.

I can help with some of this as we were on Magnifica two weeks ago on a similar itinerary. Adult shuttle fares: Le Harve €6.90, Hamburg €15.90. Amsterdam we berthed not far from the main station so walkable. We did not visit Zeebrugge.

However you should be aware that the ship will dock as directed by the Harbour Authority and so your designated berth can sometimes change.

Enjoy your trip, we certainly did.

I can help with some of this as we were on Magnifica two weeks ago on a similar itinerary. Adult shuttle fares: Le Harve €6.90, Hamburg €15.90. Amsterdam we berthed not far from the main station so walkable. We did not visit Zeebrugge.

However you should be aware that the ship will dock as directed by the Harbour Authority and so your designated berth can sometimes change.

Enjoy your trip, we certainly did.

Thanks.

Why was Hamburg so expensive?

In Le Havre, did you visit Honfleur? If yes, what do you suggest for transport. Thanks a lot.

Thanks.

Why was Hamburg so expensive?

In Le Havre, did you visit Honfleur? If yes, what do you suggest for transport. Thanks a lot.

No sorry, did not go to Honfleur. When we have been to Le Havre previously we have walked into town.

In Hamburg we did not berth at the Steinwerder cruise terminal as there was another ship berthed there. We were berthed on the north (city) side of the river near the fish market and U boat museum, about 3 km from St Pauli. It was walkable.

No sorry, did not go to Honfleur. When we have been to Le Havre previously we have walked into town.

In Hamburg we did not berth at the Steinwerder cruise terminal as there was another ship berthed there. We were berthed on the north (city) side of the river near the fish market and U boat museum, about 3 km from St Pauli. It was walkable.

Many thanks [emoji106]

The usual port for Magnifica in Hamburg is Altona - I believe there is a ferry type boat to the city from there? Or you can walk to Altona station and then take the train to Hamburg Hauptbahnhof for about €4 each return

Le Havre port offers their own shuttle buses, inside the cruise terminal (which is more like a warehouse) there is usually a stand to buy tickets, again I think it is about €3 but it is 2 years since we went so can't be 100% sure. The number 20 bus goes from near Le Havre station to Honfleur https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Le-Havre/Honfleur

We were on the same itinerary last year (Sep 2017) on MSC Preziosa (embarked in Hamburg Steinwerder Cruise Center).

Hamburg - there is a shuttle bus (€3/one way) to Veddel train station. From Veddel train station, you can get to Hamburg's Centraal station. Purchase a day pass (I forgot how much but is like the cost of 2-one way ticket). I think there is also a shuttle bus (purchase ticket from excursion desk in the boat) to/from cruise terminal to Centraal station.From Centraal station, you can purchase a Hop-On-Hop-Off bus ticket. Make sure you take the one with English commentator (assuming Germany is not your strong suite). From Centraal Station, you can take a express train to Berlin.

Le Havre - The cruise terminal is near the city center. The Le Havre Tourism Bureau sells transit day pass (€4/person) from the cruise terminal. The bus stops at the city center and at Docks Vauban Shopping Center. If you plan to go to Honfleur, there are taxis at the cruise terminal €150 return (per taxi, seats 6 or 7). We joined a group at the cruise terminal waiting to fill up a taxi to go to Honfleur. Each of us paid €25 (round-trip) to Honfleur. If you haven't been to Honfleur, this is the least expensive way to get there. You can also use public transit (Le Havre - Honfleur) but there are only two trips in the morning (between 7am and 12 noon).

Southampton - MSC docks at the City Cruise Terminal. MSC has a shuttle bus that brings passengers to the Titanic Museum and the West Quay Shopping Mall area. I cannot remember if the shuttle bus is free. If you plan to go to London, you can take the train at Southhampton Central Station (prebook your tickets). You can walk from the cruise terminal to the train station (about 20 minutes).

Zeebrugge - walking is not allowed on the industrial port. There is a (free) shuttle bus from the ship to the port gate. To the right of the port gate (about 100 yards or so), there is a tram station that goes to Blankenberge. I forgot how much (€2.50/one-way?). From Blankenberge, you can take the train to Bruges. At Bruges Central Train Station, there will be multiple transit bus that will bring you to Grote Markt.

Amsterdam - during our cruise, we were diverted to Rotterdam (because of fog/weather). We were told that MSC normally docks close (walking distance) to the Centraal Train Station. From there, public transit is available. There is a canal cruise dock nearby, too. Just in case your cruise is diverted to Rotterdam, MSC docks near the Erasmusbrug. If you still want to go to Amsterdam, you can walk to the nearest subway station (or bus stop) and go to Rotterdam Blaak station. Take the train (1 hour) to Amsterdam (€30/return).

This MSC cruise European itinerary is certainly one of the best because it gives you a chance to visit Berlin (Germany), London (U.K.), and Paris (France). It will require a lot of planning (pre-purchase tickets, etc.) and extra money if you want to visit all 3 major cities.