Changing airports in London ? Help please

1stItaly

No,just a futile attempt at condescension and sarcasm.I knew you would rally round,next,lol.

In casual conversation, sure, they're often interchangeable (or, more often, "customs" is the blanket term used to cover everything involved with entering a country). But they do have very different meanings, and since this board is largely to educate those who have legitimate questions about air travel, so too can it be used to educate and inform about the intricacies surrounding air travel - things like the difference between nonstop and direct, between connection and stopover, and between customs and immigration.

Glad you made it, and thanks for letting us know.

Without being pedantic, are you sure the long queue was for customs, rather than Border Control (immigration)? I have never seen a queue for customs at any UK airport - it is just a walk through a sterile area.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

This is the polite way to address the OP.

• 1 month later...

Well, I obviously did not understand the correct terms for International Travel. The line for immigration was quite long. I now understand that Customs has to do with things you are bringing into a country and Immigration has to do with people coming into a country and why they are coming in. Thank you all again for your concerns.

Edited by 1stItaly