BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:41 AM.
861 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
We just came back from the Aug 2 British Isles cruise RT Dover on the Pacific Princess. We had an ABSOLUTELY wonderful time. I can truly say that this was one of the best cruises we have done with Princess out of our 30+ cruises with them.

We got to LHR and took the National Express bus to Victoria Coach station and then walked the block to our hotel. The next day we took our private hire taxi, Twelve Transfers to Dover. Our driver was there 10 minutes early and took us in a nice van on the 2 hour drive to Dover. I would highly recommend them as they were easy to contact and book with online. For the 3 of us with 3 checked bags and 3 hand bags was 130 GBP.

Embarkation was a breeze. It only took us 10 minutes to drop off the luggage, check in and walk onto the ship. We then dropped off our backpacks in the cabin and went to lunch in the MDR.
This was the first cruise we had club class and we loved it. The only reason I booked this for us was because it was only $100 more total and I jumped on the offer. Yes I did tip the staff in the MDR CC extra since they did on outstanding job for us!

We had dinner in the MDR 6 of the 8 nights. The first night we went to Sabatinis and had great food served by Anastasia, a waiter we have had on prior cruises. She was great as usual. The 6 nights in the MDR we were served great food by a wonderful waiter named Menino and his assistant Emanuel. They were some of the best waiters we have ever had. The head waiter, Laszlo served us some great dishes prepared table side. The young lady who seats you, Kathy was the most pleasant person we have ever dealt with. I would book CC again if it was a good deal like the one we got on this cruise!!!

The ship refresh was great. Lighter colors throughout, which we loved. The ship is going in for another big dry dock next year to have MUTS put in and also to have some work done on the engines. From what we were told, Pacific Princess will be around for at least 2 to 3 more years. They do know that people like the small ship so we are keeping our fingers crossed that she stays around for quite some time.

The entire staff was extremely friendly. Our cabin steward, Jefte did a great job and took care of us. He always had a smile on his face. Lindsay the future cruise consultant/captains circle rocked. She took care of the FCD purchases immediately upon getting them. She also took care of getting our son, who is an elite member too, at our table for the most traveled luncheon. We got to sit with the chief engineer which was right up my sons alley! She also told us that the stickers we get for each cruise are no longer going to be placed in the stateroom. You must get them from the CC person or the front desk.

Our Captain, Andrea Spinardi did a great job in keeping us up to date on weather etc. One day our head waiter had to pull the smoke alarm because someone had extinguished their cigarette inappropriately in the smoking area and the smoke was coming into the dining room. It was taken care of immediately by the fire team. Someone had placed some plastic trash in the cigarette disposal container and it started burning. The Captain told us what was going on, what had gone on and that all was okay. Great job!!

We liked all the port stops and only did a tour with Princess in Wales. Of course the Tattoo was the big stop for us. We booked the Amber package directly through the tattoo site. We had a great meal in the Whiskey Experience before hand and then we were walked to our seats. They were in section 7 facing the castle. The BEST!!!

As far as the entertainment: the production shows were ok. The comedian, Doug Funk was not good IMHO. We actually walked out of the show. The singer Shane was awesome. We saw both of his shows and were very impressed. Neil the CD did a great job and loved talking to the passengers to get our feedback.

Disembarkation was easy except for the meeting times on the patter list were off by 10 minutes which did cause some confusion. People were concerned that they would miss the Princess buses to LHR, but no one did. The bus drive was a little less than 2 hours and was worth the $.

Overall this cruise was AMAZING!!!
COLORADO
59,750 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Great review! Thanks for taking the time to write one.
Doug Funk has been around a long time.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Keith
Princess Elite Member
Caribbean Princess August 18th 2018 Eastern Caribbean

65 Princess Cruises

USNS HARKNESS T-AGS 32
Rural NSW Australia
644 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
I enjoyed reading your review.
Looks like I'm going to have to find a cruise to do on the Pacific Princess.
Passengers seem to love it.
Aliso Viejo, CA
42,468 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
Great review. Thank you. A lot of people are hesitant to book the Pacific Princess because they think a bigger, newer ship is better. IMHO, you’ll have a great cruise experience on the PP.

I’m having a hard time visualizing where they’ll put MUTS. The pool area isn’t that big and there isn’t a large viewing area. I’d hate to be relaxing in the quiet atmosphere of the Library only to have MUTS blasting either beneath it or across the way.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-- Pam Email (to be my friend on Facebook, email me. ) PLEASE identify yourself with your Cruise Critic name.

Boston. Strong.

* Me ziplining across Victoria Falls: https://plus.google.com/photos/10147...83463276981969
* Safari photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/1014740...eat=directlink

Upcoming:
Regal Princess: 11/1/18 10-day NY > FLL
Royal Princess: 4/27/19 Mexican Riviera
Royal Princess: 5/4/19 CA Coastal LA > Vancouver
Sky Princess: 11/17/19 Barcelona to FLL
Chicago
2,021 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Thanks so much. It was nice to hear that they had a Most Travelled luncheon. Sounded wonderful!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
My Princess ships:

(The original) Sun Princess
(The original) Island Princess
(The original) Royal Princess x4
(The original) Star Princess x2
(The original) Crown Princess
Dawn Princess
Sun Princess x3
Star Princess x3
Diamond Princess x2
Sapphire Princess x5
Golden Princess
Grand Princess x4
Ruby Princess x2
Emerald Princess
Tampa, Florida area
12,446 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
Originally posted by Pam in CA
Great review. Thank you. A lot of people are hesitant to book the Pacific Princess because they think a bigger, newer ship is better. IMHO, you’ll have a great cruise experience on the PP.

I’m having a hard time visualizing where they’ll put MUTS. The pool area isn’t that big and there isn’t a large viewing area. I’d hate to be relaxing in the quiet atmosphere of the Library only to have MUTS blasting either beneath it or across the way.
Perish the thought that a hulking MUTS screen and noisy sound system would be added.to the Pacific. The areas of serenity normally found on her would be ruined. If the P&Q of the beautiful and unique library is destroyed, it would be a true travesty.
861 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Originally posted by Cruisin'Rabbit
Thanks so much. It was nice to hear that they had a Most Travelled luncheon. Sounded wonderful!
The FC director Lindsay said that this was the first luncheon in quite a few cruises. She had no idea why the captain picked this one. I was happy that they had it and that we were invited😁
Palmdale, Ca
36,204 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Thanks for taking the time to post your review......

Bob
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future: Sky Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 11/19 Inaugural T/A Crossing
Future: Ruby Princess California Coastal 03/19
Future: Star Princess Hawaii R/T From LA 11/18
Pacific Princess Panama Canal 05/17 - 17 Days
Caribbean Princess Iceland/Norway T/A 09/16 - 17 Days **First Princess Elite Cruise**
Caribbean Princess Iceland/Norway T/A 09/15 - 16 Days
Golden Princess West Coast Getaway 04/15 - 3 Days
Royal Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/13 - 18 Days Inaugural T/A Crossing
Sapphire Princess Hawaii R/T From LA 03/13 - 14 Days
Ruby Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/11 - 18 Days
Golden Princess Hawaii R/T From LA 02/11 - 14 Days
Ruby Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/09 - 18 Days
Diamond Princess AUS/NZ 01/09 - 12 Days
Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08 - 18 Days
Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06 - 14 Days
Celebrity Summit Alaska Repo 05/05 - 14 Days
Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02 - 14 Days
RCCL Rhapsody OTS Alaska 09/01 - 7 Days
RCCL Splendour OTS Baltic/Northern Europe 09/99 - 12 Days
HAL Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96 - 7 Days
Carnival Holiday Western Caribbean 07/93 - 7 Days

240 Days At Sea: 167 Days Princess , 42 Days Celebrity. 19 Days RCCL, 7 Days HAL, 7 Days Carnival.....

My Cruise Pictures on Flickr

Roll Call Thread

Roll Call Thread

Roll Call Thread