Discovery2 cabins and depart Montego Bay

Hi :-)

We have just booked outside cabins Deck2/3 for Transatlantic Corfu to Jamaica this October :-)

1, We could select cabin for an additional £££ can someone recommend which cabins to try for ? I was thinking picture window, and away from noisy stern of ship...….

2. We fly ex Montego Bay at 18:30. There's horror stories about getting to and in Mo Bay port and airport. Will we be allowed to stay on ship all morning ? OR should we get off at our convenience with luggage and get to airport independently ?

Feedback on the above or any other advise, MUCH appreciated...…

Edited by BillnFrancesUK
Clarification

Are picture windows on deck 2/3 not sure have you checked deck plans?

Getting out of Montego Bay airport even though you're supposed to be fast tracked is a pain the backside but leaving from Montego Bay is usually fine no need to go independently I can't see you getting out any quicker when you arrive if you go independently as you'll still have to queue for immigration and fill in your complicated form which seems to change every year but the cruise is well worth it

All deck 3 outside cabins have picture windows. On deck 2 a few at each end on both sides have a porthole so it might be worth booking either deck 3 or midships deck 2.

We took a chance last time, didn't book, and were lucky and are going to chance it again next time. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can stay on the ship until the coach leaves for the airport, typically about 3 hours before the flight time. We found that the port terminal was chaos, as you have to do the imigration form and see the immigration desks. There was confusion as some passengers have to collect baggage (those going to Canada or staying locally) and some don't (those flying to UK),

Then the building is full of people waiting for coaches and no announcement system!

After this the airport terminal worked well, we had no problems with security queues and the departure area is large and modern (but with expensive food).

Hi :-)

We have just booked outside cabins Deck2/3 for Transatlantic Corfu to Jamaica this October :-)

1, We could select cabin for an additional £££ can someone recommend which cabins to try for ? I was thinking picture window, and away from noisy stern of ship...

We had cabin 2052 deck 2 midships (most stable part of the ship). Lovely cabin with large picture window, plenty of storage space, very comfortable beds, close to lifts and very quiet. Would certainly book it again if/when we return to D2.

We were thinking the same but decided to book and there were not many cabins left on deck 3 with picture windows so glad we did book.

Ref getting to the airport I would imagine this will be coordinated by TUI staff to move passengers by coach to the airport. Well I hope so.