Kettles in staterooms

Is it true Princess are putting kettles into staterooms. ?

I saw a picture in another group, is it fake news or true

Someone has confirmed in this thread that kettles have appeared on Sapphire Princess in the last couple of days (see post #38). Speculation that it will be just while she is based out of the UK. There are also kettles on some of the Princess ships while they are based in Asia.

Sandra

Is it true Princess are putting kettles into staterooms. ?

I saw a picture in another group, is it fake news or true

U.K. based ships have had kettles for some time. Certainly Sea Princess did when she returned to Princess from her short stint as Adonia for P&O twelve or fourteen years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sapphire Princess might have had kettles put onboard recently but dont think it is anything to do with sailing from UK if it was they would have done it at beginning of the season. We were on Sapphire in May sailing from Southampton and kettles were not in cabins then.

U.K. based ships have had kettles for some time. Certainly Sea Princess did when she returned to Princess from her short stint as Adonia for P&O twelve or fourteen years ago.

No they havent Sapphire hasnt until last few days it has been sailing from UK since April/May without kettles.

Goody good. Going on Sapphire next month. Always refer to lack of kettle in end of cruise questionnaire. There wasn’t one In cabins on the Royal in June. Can’t function until had my early morning cup of tea.

If there is no kettle in the cabin and you would like one just ask your cabin steward. We always bring our own tea and coffee and have normally been supplied a kettle on request.

If there is no kettle in the cabin and you would like one just ask your cabin steward. We always bring our own tea and coffee and have normally been supplied a kettle on request.

Was this on a Princess cruise? Or another line cruising out of Aus? Very interested, I miss having a kettle.:)

Was this on a Princess cruise? Or another line cruising out of Aus? Very interested, I miss having a kettle.:)

Diamond Princess cruising Australia to Asia admittedly a couple of years ago. Maybe rules have since changed.

I am from US and don’t own a kettle. Nor do most of us drink much tea. Just a cultural difference. We do have coffee pots everywhere but I don’t think they are the same, are they? Mike

Glad you wrote this! I am sitting at my computer reading this thread, wondering what the heck a kettle was and why a stateroom would need it!!!!!!!!!!!! My first thought was along the line of Halloween and witches!

Pooh

Glad you wrote this! I am sitting at my computer reading this thread, wondering what the heck a kettle was and why a stateroom would need it!!!!!!!!!!!! My first thought was along the line of Halloween and witches!

Pooh

A kettle is an electric jug that boils water and switches itself off after boiling. Ideal for making tea which needs boiling water to make a decent drink. The main reason I think for you not using them in the US is because your voltage is only 110v and in the UK its 240v and therefore boils much faster for us.

It is probably quicker for you to boil water in a pan.

Most UK cruiselines have had kettles in their staterooms for many years because we Brits cant survive without our tea.

As there are a lot of British passengers that cruise from Southampton, putting kettles in the cabins on Sapphire will keep them happy.

Unfortunately for us there wasnt a kettle in the cabin on Royal last week also sailing from Southampton[emoji852]

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Would love to have a kettle on the Regal when we sail on her in November....is it true that if you ask for one they will bring it to your stateroom? Would it make a difference if you were in a full suite?

Edited by Gracie115

A kettle is an electric jug that boils water and switches itself off after boiling. Ideal for making tea which needs boiling water to make a decent drink. The main reason I think for you not using them in the US is because your voltage is only 110v and in the UK its 240v and therefore boils much faster for us.

It is probably quicker for you to boil water in a pan.

Most UK cruiselines have had kettles in their staterooms for many years because we Brits cant survive without our tea.

As there are a lot of British passengers that cruise from Southampton, putting kettles in the cabins on Sapphire will keep them happy.

Unfortunately for us there wasnt a kettle in the cabin on Royal last week also sailing from Southampton[emoji852]

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

It takes more than a kettle to make me happy. :D I hate tea but do enjoy a strong cup of coffee.

I wonder if it works on the Sapphire they might roll it out to more of their ships?

We were aboard the Sapphire Princess from July 21 to August 11. I can confirm that near the end of that period kettles were provided to us. The cabin steward said they just starting rolling them out to the suites and some mini suites. I presume he meant the Club Class mini suites. Along with the kettle were a couple of tea bags and two small packets each of instant coffee and instant decaf coffee. We never used it as we dislike instant coffee and, being from Texas, we prefer iced tea to hot tea.

Thanks for the pictures. I have never seen one here in US and we do have a few hot tea drinkers. Now I wonder if they will charge for the tea bags. I would check this out before use. Many US hotels charge if you use the instant coffee which they put out alongside the coffee pot! And frequently the charge seems to be outrageous since it appears to be free

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the pictures. I have never seen one here in US and we do have a few hot tea drinkers. Now I wonder if they will charge for the tea bags. I would check this out before use. Many US hotels charge if you use the instant coffee which they put out alongside the coffee pot! And frequently the charge seems to be outrageous since it appears to be free

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

WOW.....have stayed in a LOT of hotels in the USA and have never been charged for the coffee which I always use....where did you stay that they did...I don't want to wind up there.