Does anyone do the FOD/LGBT gatherings?

Gay & Lesbian Cruisers
A Gathering Place for Discussing Your Favorite Cruises.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:05 PM.
Philly area
5 Posts
Joined Oct 2017
Originally posted by 3DogDay
I’m putting this out there because on our last several cruises, they have turned out to be a bust. Either no one goes or the few that do seem to want to keep the conversation within their own group. We were on the Brilliance of the Seas several years ago, and the gathering was quite popular. We even had several groups of straight people would join in. But since then, they’ve been pretty dead. Is this just not the thing to do anymore, or am I missing something?

We went to the first two daily ones this week and no one was there. I think people don't know to look for the meet up card (on Royal) near guest services.

They did one yesterday that was announced on the compass and a small group showed up to that, so I think some of it is just publicity.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
November 2017 - Royal Caribbean - Anthem of the Seas - Bayonne to Bahamas
June 2015 - Royal Caribbean - Adventure of the Seas - San Juan to Caribbean
May 2006 - Carnival - Legend - NYC to Caribbean
belgium
24 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
Years ago I did 2 transatlantics out of Soupthamton the first was in Jewel ot Seas to Miami and we had a real good time with FOD every day had drinks an dinner together with a group of 12 at least.
The second was on the inaugural cruise of Norwegain Epic to NY and again every night the Bliss bar was full of gays (mostly couples).
On Emerald Princess in 2015 the gatherings were very good every night we had to put extra chairs in the bar for the group.
Landlocked in Dallas, TX
865 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
We just got off Vision of the Seas. There were LGBTQ Meetings listed in the daily newsletter schedule, but they were in the evenings at 10:30. Sorry, that's a bit late for these old guys. We saw what we thought might be couples on the ship, but never made it to the meetings.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Bill in Dallas (Bill-squared)

Past:
Radiance of the Sea - 11/25/06
Voyager of the Sea - 04/17/11
(Read my review)
Navigator of the Sea - 11/16/14
Liberty of the Sea - 11/20/16
Liberty of the Sea - 02/05/17

Vision of the Sea - 12/04/17

Upcoming:
Allure of the Sea - 02/04/18
Anthem of the Sea - 11/25/18

North Miami Beach, FL
413 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
You might want to check out "(LGBTQ) 🚢 Cruisers - Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and Azamara" on Face * Book, there are many thousands of Royal, Celebrity and Azamara fans. See u there
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Roger & Martin -- North Miami Beach, FL

Winter Haven, FL
560 Posts
Joined May 2007
It depends on 2 things for us.

If it is in a venue conducive to conversation.

Not too late for us .

Best LGBT's for us have been before or between dinner times in a lounge without entertainment.

D&J