Special Requests in The Restaurant

CBoy04

Hello everyone,

I have seen mentioned on several posts that one can make special requests in The Restaurant for items that are not at all part of the menu. Is this correct? If so, I'm really quite curious about it and would love to learn more from you all. My husband and I are taking our first Seabourn cruise in March next year and I must admit that I do like knowing as many ins and outs as possible before trying something new (for me, it builds on the enjoyment).

Many thanks!

You can - the evening before you want your special dish, speak to the restaurant manager. If they have the ingredients on board, they will try to oblige.

Sometimes I rush back to the suite after dinner to look at the next evening's menus left in the suite by the stewardess, and then go back to ask for, say, escargots, as a starter, or a tempura dish - my particular favourites. Or it could be something you have already had and want to repeat, or maybe a special Indian or other Asian dish you like.

You can - the evening before you want your special dish, speak to the restaurant manager. If they have the ingredients on board, they will try to oblige.

Sometimes I rush back to the suite after dinner to look at the next evening's menus left in the suite by the stewardess, and then go back to ask for, say, escargots, as a starter, or a tempura dish - my particular favourites. Or it could be something you have already had and want to repeat, or maybe a special Indian or other Asian dish you like.

That's fantastic, thanks for the information!

We requested plain blueberry pie since the prior 9 nights of desserts were very “fancy”. We were told ok but we received blueberry muffins. I recommend giving the restaurant manager a dated note with your cabin number and requested dish, with a written explanation/picture, to minimize any miscommunication with the chef/kitchen.

On our last Seabourn voyage, we asked for an Indian meal, and the chefs went all-out in creating a fantastic menu for us--from soup to desert. Truly a special meal.

On other voyages, and with other lines, we have asked for Filipino food, a favorite of my DW.

On our last Seabourn voyage, we asked for an Indian meal, and the chefs went all-out in creating a fantastic menu for us--from soup to desert. Truly a special meal.

Was that on a cruise near India? Do you think that would be available in the Med? Thanks.

Was that on a cruise near India? Do you think that would be available in the Med? Thanks.

You can definitely get good Indian food on Seabourn anywhere in the world. We always try to make it to the Indian dinner night in the Colonade... one of the best meals on Seabourn, always!

Wondering if anyone has requested a special order meal at lunch time (Colonade or Restaurant)? Big dinners aren't for us - but we do enjoy an indulgent lunch occasionally. I'm thinking of things not ordinarily served at lunch time i.e. Dover sole , steak and lobster, etc. I know Seabourn is very accommodating but don't want to throw the galley too much of a curve ball. Thanks for any info.

Wondering if anyone has requested a special order meal at lunch time (Colonade or Restaurant)? Big dinners aren't for us - but we do enjoy an indulgent lunch occasionally. I'm thinking of things not ordinarily served at lunch time i.e. Dover sole , steak and lobster, etc. I know Seabourn is very accommodating but don't want to throw the galley too much of a curve ball. Thanks for any info.

You can definitely make special requests for lunches well.

Many of the chefs are from the sub-continent and love an opportunity to create some "home cooking" instead of the blander fare usually on offer. We are spice lovers and order at least 2 Indian or Sri Lankan meals every trip, leaving the choice of actual dishes to the chefs who know what's available and what they're good at! Just be considerate and give the busy chefs a couple of days notice.

Do ask in advance and you will find they are really happy to please. They made us a special dinner for a special anniversary, foie gras terrine, lamb en croute, crepes suzette. All delicious, beautfiully presented and a delight!

Do ask in advance and you will find they are really happy to please. They made us a special dinner for a special anniversary, foie gras terrine, lamb en croute, crepes suzette. All delicious, beautfiully presented and a delight!

We did a dinner with our trivia team and were able to arrange a bespoke starter and baked Alaska for dessert, we gave then a couple of days notice. Worked out beautifully.