First day and finding our feet

sarahjane01

Hi - Getting closer to the Seaboard Holiday cruise now. Just wondering about arrival times to port, Where to park, luggage drop off, where to go when we first board, etc etc. As you can tell I don't like being unsure of my surroundings - lol lol.

Whats the deal folks - who can tell me all about it. I don't want to look like a spare part at a wedding - prob won't care too much if I get a glass of bubbly fairly quick tho....:'):'):'):'):')

What about the safety drill and all of that?

Dinner times?

Spa reservations?

luggage delivered to suite?

The list is endless.

There will be people to direct you all along the way. Your car/taxi/ride will not have to park. You will be dropped off. There will be people who take your luggage (to which you will have affixed the luggage tags provided by Seabourn.) Your luggage will be taken to your suite. You don't have to do that yourself. Crew members will direct you once you are on board, most likely to a luncheon buffet. Have a wonderful time!

You will have a schedule in your suite which gives dinner hours for various venues. Spa appointments can be made online ahead of time if you wish.

Hi - Getting closer to the Seaboard Holiday cruise now. Just wondering about arrival times to port, Where to park, luggage drop off, where to go when we first board, etc etc. As you can tell I don't like being unsure of my surroundings - lol lol.

Whats the deal folks - who can tell me all about it. I don't want to look like a spare part at a wedding - prob won't care too much if I get a glass of bubbly fairly quick tho....:'):'):'):'):')

What about the safety drill and all of that?

Dinner times?

Spa reservations?

luggage delivered to suite?

The list is endless.

Safety drill - there will be multiple announcements. You cannot miss it or them.

Dinner times - are published in the Seabourn Herald which will be in your suite.

Spa reservations - I suggest taking a walk up to the Spa and asking for a guided tour. You can ask any questions and make any reservations then (and later as needed).

Luggage - will be delivered to your suite and placed on the bed. Don't worry about it. In 13 cruises with Seabourn they have never missed yet.

Spare part - if you are on-board before 2pm, just head to the Colonnade and grab a bite to eat. Find a table or even ask to share a larger table. An excellent way of meeting people. Same routine at dinner. We often ask to share a table so that we can meet people. There is also likely to be a sailaway party (with bubbly). Also a good way of meeting people.

Hope this helps.

Crew members will meet you on boarding, show you to the lifts (elevators) and direct you to the Colonnade if you'd like lunch. Crew members will meet you there too and offer to store any hand luggage/coats etc you may have with you.

As said earlier, you can't miss muster drill, the announcements are frequent and clear.

After muster drill there will be a sailaway party on the pool deck (if the weather is ok). We're usually to be found at the Sky Bar for sailaway, it's a great place to start meeting new people. Hope to see you there!

I am a bit concerned that you have not read the Seabourn website or had a conversation with your travel agent about what to expect.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No need for concern - I have cruised many times with other cruise lines - just looking for some guidance as far as first day onboard from previous Seaboard cruisers. My TA is actually a seabourn rep - she had zero idea on anything - no idea about any Christmas themed activities/dinners and no advice on first day experience.

Enjoy your Seabourn cruise, I hope you will be happy with it. From your post I am not sure if you driving to the Port? Anyway, you can start boarding earlier then they officially advise you. Plan to check in at noon or shortly before. You can go to the Colonnade for lunch until your suite is ready. BTW, suites are ready earlier then when they announce them so you can go to your suite earlier then when they tell you, but it is not fair to the crew to rush them earlier than normal if they are still working to ready your suite . If they haven’t haven’t called suites by 2 or 2:30pm then I will usually walk over to our suite to see if it is ready...usually it is.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Sunprince

No need for concern - I have cruised many times with other cruise lines - just looking for some guidance as far as first day onboard from previous Seaboard cruisers. My TA is actually a seabourn rep - she had zero idea on anything - no idea about any Christmas themed activities/dinners and no advice on first day experience.

Let's get this straight. Your history shows you booked a V1 but then upgraded to a Penthouse. That is either one heck of an upgrade or your TA is a super upsell salesperson who seemingly didn't even bother to tell you whether a Penthouse is "nice" or not. Then you mention your Seabourn (not Seaboard) agent had "zero idea on anything". Not good. You need to have a good meeting with your TA immediately, if not sooner.

Let's get this straight. Your history shows you booked a V1 but then upgraded to a Penthouse. That is either one heck of an upgrade or your TA is a super upsell salesperson who seemingly didn't even bother to tell you whether a Penthouse is "nice" or not. Then you mention your Seabourn (not Seaboard) agent had "zero idea on anything". Not good. You need to have a good meeting with your TA immediately, if not sooner.

Pardon me for my TYPO..............:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

As for the suite - decided to blow some extra cash out of my lottery win...

This was just a lighthearted request for previous cruisers with SEABOURN to offer some advice to a SEABOURN virgin - thats all. Not really expecting people to pick me up on my spelling or question my choice of accommodation.

OK, so the staff will make many of the formal and official procedures clear for you. It will be smooth. But I do recommend that once you are on board, that you connect with some experienced Seabourn sailors who can make some recommendations on how you can enhance your experience. There are all sorts of little subtle things that are not revealed in the daily program or told to you explicitly by the staff that are known by the veterans. Ask them for their ideas and they will help you and lead you to a more "insider" Seabourn cruise. It took us a while to understand this.

Pardon me for my TYPO..............:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

As for the suite - decided to blow some extra cash out of my lottery win...

This was just a lighthearted request for previous cruisers with SEABOURN to offer some advice to a SEABOURN virgin - thats all. Not really expecting people to pick me up on my spelling or question my choice of accommodation.

You have, unfortunately, run into some of the regular posters who consistently feel it necessary to pass judgment on others.

Have a great time on your cruise!